PDA

View Full Version : VuQube

Army Guy
11-15-2007, 04:30 AM
Does anyone use the new VuQube satellite antenna? I understand it is used mostly on long haul trucks, but recently Camping World may have started selling. They seem to be similar to the rig top domes but are portable and so can be moved out of the way of trees. I saw some discussion about this earlier but thought I would ask and see. About the only draw back I see is the 1 LNB on it, but the protability and storage look great. Thanks for any input

Butch&Carol
11-16-2007, 03:21 PM
I saw this dish on Camping Worlds website this morning. The price and ease of operation seem to about right. I wonder if you can get HDTV with it?

Army Guy
11-17-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm thinking not - since there is only one LNB. Not sure but that is what I am wondering.

HamRad
11-17-2007, 04:40 PM
I think the portability of this thing may be one of its problems. At $800 I'm thinking they might disappear. The tripod and 18 inch dish are much cheaper and I've never heard of one of them disappearing. Granted they are not as compact as the Qube.

I'd guess they are not for HD otherwise you KNOW they'd be advertising that facet.

HamRad