PDA

View Full Version : Who's staying down in the Yuma area?

MelsJoy
10-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Since we live down here in Yuma now, We'd like to be able to visit some of you who may be staying in the Yuma area for the winter? We now have a great big pool to play & cool off in! We look forward to lots of visitors! So...... who's coming down to enjoy the sun, for how long and do you know where yet? Inquiring minds want to know!

Joy

Imp
10-03-2007, 06:22 PM
We hope to be there sometime in January, probably the second week. We haven't even pinned a place down yet, but will be in touch. Looking forward to seeing you.

DHenry
10-04-2007, 05:04 AM
Bob and Myrna, Quartzsite sounds like a great place to start. :-)

Les and Julie
10-04-2007, 05:55 AM
We have an Annual Site at Cocopah -- expect to arrive late November-early December -- we will be staying until at least April. Would love to get together. Les and Julie [8D]

BirdingRVer
10-04-2007, 07:01 AM
Joy,

Since this will be our first winter as fulltimers, I expect that at some point we will be in Yuma. I am looking forward to seeing and experiencing the snowbird "sites" I have been reading about all of these years as we waited for our turn to fulltime. We are starting with Quartzsite but, have no real plans after that. I do want go to Algodones Mexico. Not because I need any of their services at this time but,I have read about it so many times.

Grant

Bill and Ann
10-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Algodones, Mexico is a fun place. I don't know what you mean when you write "not because I need any of their services at this time" but I am assuming it is meds. or dentist. It is a great place to spend a day at their various sales outlets and beer gardens.
Carlsons spend their winters in Yuma but I don't know which park.

Imp
10-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Doug & Sharon.. Quartzsite is not in the cards this year, maybe next. We need to be home by the end of January.

Carl n Susan
10-04-2007, 03:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by BirdingRVer

...I do want go to Algodones Mexico. Not because I need any of their services at this time but,...

While the medical services of Algodones may not attract you, this is the place for inexpensive stained glass windows. And experienced helpers will be available in "Q" to aid in the installation.

Carl (n Susan) Youngren

simonsrf
10-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Joy and Mel,

We wouldn't miss the opportunity to see the new pool for anything. We will be at Quartzsite in January, and in the general area just like last year until the temperature gets above 85!

We are really looking forward to seeing you guys!

clutch
10-09-2007, 05:01 PM
We are in Parker now. We plan on visiting the group in Quartzsite this winter. Several people we know are in Yuma and we will make a trip down there later when things cool down.

sreigle
10-13-2007, 11:10 AM
We'll be in Arizona this winter but our plans are still pretty fluid. We will be in Benson for a month starting probably mid-December. After that we haven't decided. We do need to run over to San Diego so will likely park in Yuma and do that as a day trip. So we might be in Yuma for a few days or so. Joy, if we are there, we'll give you a holler for sure.

I'd also like to do a day trip to Quartzite to say hello to all our friends, if we happen to be in the general neighborhood. So you MOC'ers who will be in Quartzite, either send directions or gps coordinates so I can find you.

rlwhit
10-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Joy, I sent a PM to Mel. See you at Q.

David and Jo-Anna
10-14-2007, 10:18 AM
We'll be in Yuma at some point this winter. Recommendations for RV parks would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Jo-Anna

steves
10-14-2007, 12:12 PM
We will be in Yuma for a short stay 1/26 - 2/1 and will be at Del Pueblo Park.

David and Jo-Anna
10-30-2007, 08:34 AM
We'll be at Del Pueblo RV Park from January 27-February 6.

MelsJoy
10-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Jo-Anna, David, Steve & Betty, Except for the time we will be at Quartzsite in Jan. and the last 2 wks in Dec, we will be in Yuma until probably Late May or June. Make sure you give a shout. We could all have an afternoon....maybe thru evening get-together! We have a big house and a large swimming pool to refresh yourselves in! See ya soon!

8.1al
10-31-2007, 05:26 AM
We'll be over near Winterhaven for a week in mid December

MelsJoy
10-31-2007, 06:02 AM
Charlie and Nila, if you get here before the 17th of Dec., let us know, we'd love to see you. Maybe come by for "happy hour" and a light dinner and a swim?

Joy