PDA

View Full Version : Washer & Dryer

Lady RV
08-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Do you have a Washer and Dryer in your Montana, Mountaineer, Big Sky or Cambridge?

skypilot
09-03-2007, 03:41 AM
Mountainair had washer/dryer prep but did not have them installed; our current unit has stackable Splendide - would much prefer the Whirlpool or Kenmore with water temp controls - but our future units will have washer/dryer in them -- use frequently even though we do not full-time.

snfexpress
09-09-2007, 12:07 PM
We find that the added storage by adding shelves where the washer/dryer would go is invaluable to us. We do laundry about once a week and with 3 or more machines with both of us helping, we get it all done in about an hour and a half.

Chuck and Carol
09-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Anything I can do to keep campground rates down I will do. Does not cost that much or take that much time to go to the laundry. If it's a two week trip ---- we just wait till we get home.

Dustytuu
09-09-2007, 02:42 PM
We have a stack Kenmore set and love it!

dsprik
09-09-2007, 04:27 PM
We have the new Ariston (Splendide) stackable. Cheryl has had the top of the line residential w/d's ( we raised five kids), and she is VERY pleased with the performance compared to these fancy machines. After the disappointing reviews on the combo units, we were rather concerned. The Aristons were a very pleasant surprise on the volume of and the efficiency of washing and drying. She rates them an "A+", and she is picky on these things...

bncinwv
09-09-2007, 04:34 PM
I have to chime in with another resounding word of approval (Like Dave, this is based on DW's use of the Ariston stackables). DW is absolutely overjoyed with the Splendides that we have. After years of trips to the laudromat, rest assured it will never happen again. Extenuating circumstances led us to the use of the on-board W/D (auto accident with resulting chronic back injury for DW), but she actually prefers these to the stick house units we have. Smaller loads, less weight to lift, and she is completely satisfied with the cleaning that they do. We have not yet experimented with alternate detergents other then the manufacturer's and don't know if we wil based on the results we are seeing. I would heartily recommend the stackables to anyone (as always this is MY OPINION ONLY).
Bingo

texdeano
09-09-2007, 06:02 PM
We have a combo.

Delaine and Lindy
09-10-2007, 03:55 AM
Delaine got her Splendide Aristion Stackable in Jan 07 while we were in Casa Grande AZ. She had a Splendide Combo and it did a good job just not as fast as a Stackable. Since we move back into our new stick house and we have a new W/D the only difference is the new Whirlpool dryer is faster because its a 220 volt system. You can't go wrong in buying the Splendide Arstion. Just follow the directions. Good Luck with your choice.... GBY....

Bob & Lee
09-10-2007, 11:38 AM
We have the Splendide Combo and DW loves it. We always went to the laundry mat at the park which was OK, and one day they were full all day and she got impatient and a new Camper World opened here in Colorado Springs and we went to look and they had a Grand opening sale and saved about $200 with all the discounts and the rest is history, she loves it,

hookman
09-10-2007, 12:13 PM
We have a combo Splendide after the dealer fixed their first crews mess we used it on our holidays and loved it. We put a load on in the morning or at happy hour and forget it for a couple of hours. We don't have to sit around a laundry mat any more

MAMalody
09-10-2007, 07:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Dustytuu

We have a stack Kenmore set and love it!

What model number is it. I have a Kenmore Stackable in my stickbuilt, however, it is too big for the 5er.

dsprik
09-11-2007, 04:40 AM
Lady RV, as a suggestion, I would be curious of the number of those that had/have w/d, but find them unnecessary/not worth the expense.

bking
09-28-2007, 02:25 AM
I also was one of those who didn't want to give up the space to install the combo unit (although the way stuff was in there I would almost have to empty the closet to get what I wanted) but when we had the weight problem and were installing the third axle we were staying at a friends and it was about a 20 mile trip to get to the laundromat. We have always had way too many clothes (could go 3 weeks before having to wash) but invariably we would do something that necessitated a trip to laundromat before I was ready and then I resented the time away from whatever I was doing. Anyway we got the combo and I love it. I sometimes will wash a load every day or sometimes will wait for a few days and do 2 or 3 loads - it's my choice but I will never be without one again. I would have preferred the stackable but no room in the 3500.

Betty King

bsmeaton
09-28-2007, 06:11 AM
Just for some clarification on numbers - the results will be swayed quite a bit given that: Up until 2005, only 2 Montana models of the ~12 available models actually were provided with W/D hookups After 2005, only 2 Montana models of the ~12 available models were designed to accept stackable units. The remaining models only are/were designed for combo units I do not know the history of Cambridge and Big Sky, but assume the Cambridge always had room for the stackable units, and Big Sky had similar design limitations to the Montana as they do now

Other than fun numbers - the percentages are inconclusive.

levietta
10-03-2007, 12:19 PM
The wife and I had a stackable (Kenmore) w/d in a prior unit (Travel Supreme) while we were fulltimers; she found the convenience too good to be true. We have only owned our 08 Montana 3000rk for just over a month and we love it. It has the Splendide single unit, and we have not used it yet. She says that she can't wait!

Redrover98
10-04-2007, 12:34 AM
When we bought our first fifth wheel in 2001,a washer/dryer was a requirement as per the lady of the house. It has been reinstalled in the two Montanas since then. We have a Splendide and the wife loves it.

Ozz
10-04-2007, 12:54 AM
What do you think my chances would be, if I tried to take the W/D away from Sue?
How does slim to none sound? (http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/JimsSue13/Ozzsmods101/Sueandwashingmachine.jpg)

bncinwv
10-04-2007, 02:47 AM
Wow, Ozz, didn't know that 1200 rpm spin cycle had such a hypnotizing quality to it. Definitely have to remember that when there is a ball-game on that I have to watch.:-)
Bingo

The_McCullochs
10-10-2007, 01:02 PM
When we bought our 2003 3655FL, it already had a Splendide installed in it.

After our first protracted trip, we began a - so far - vain attempt to find a larger edition of it for the "Real Estate" since the Splendide in our "Wheel Estate" does such a wonderful job of cleaning.

To say that we love it is a rediculous understatement.

sreigle
10-13-2007, 07:04 AM
One of the keys for us in buying the stack is looking at tub size. We found the rv-specific machines have a very small tub, meaning you have to do more loads. We got the apartment-sized units (pretty much same exterior dimensions) and have been very happy with them. This set was in our 2003 3295RK from its July 2002 delivery date and brought forward to this Montana. We wouldn't be without them.

I suspect, though, for many folks the decision whether to get the w/d or not has more to do with how they use their Montana. When we were vacationers/weekenders, we had no use for a w/d. We'd just take our clothes home and wash them there. But as fulltimers we don't have that option. I realize for some fulltimers, they like to go to laundromats for any number of reasons. And that's fine. But we don't. We like being able to be in and around our Montana while doing laundry. This is truly one of those "to each his own" issues in my opinion.

Allen in MT
10-22-2007, 04:08 AM
Our 05 Monty had a Majestic stackable unit in it and we took them out, added shelves and used the space for storage. Since most of our time in the summer is dry camping we didn't need it and in the winter down south we go to town once a week for supplies and do the laundry. thinking of selling the unit
Allen in MT

bjlks
10-22-2007, 04:58 AM
We have 05 3400 with kenmore dryer and maytag washer,really makes laundry chores a lot easier.Would not part with them.

slewis
10-22-2007, 05:46 AM
I really don't mind going to the laundromat's in the cg's. You can meet some really nice folks
in there. And I can get the laundry done so much faster at the laundromat. So, I have NO desire to have w/d in our Mountaineer.
Sandy

sreigle
10-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Just read Allen's Majestic comment. We also took them out but not because we wanted the space. We bought a new Majestic stack when we bought the 3400. We hated them (several reasons including small tubs) so took the rig back to the dealer and had the Majestics removed and our Crosley/Whirlpool stack taken out of our tradein and put into this 3400.

pud2
11-02-2007, 11:44 AM
We have the kenmore stackable but looks like one unit. Works great.

MAMalody
11-02-2007, 05:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by pud2

We have the kenmore stackable but looks like one unit. Works great.

What model number do you have?

Tiffensdad
11-03-2007, 02:39 AM
Splendide was in the rig when we bought it...It is a must due to DW allergies to soaps etc and the different types of soaps people use in laundramats. Always seems to be enough residue to give her problems.

pud2
11-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Mike i will get the model no. and post.

MAMalody
11-06-2007, 04:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by pud2

Mike i will get the model no. and post.

Thanks.

TLightning
11-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Splendide 2100.

John Bowers
12-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Our new 3400RL has the stackable units, but I don't know how to do laundry (according to Cathy), and she says she's not going camping to do laundry. So, I guess ours will stay in new condition until I learn or she submits.

John

sreigle
12-14-2007, 01:59 PM
John, when we were weekending/vacationing I probably would have agreed with your approach wholeheartedly. But, as fulltimers, laundry has to get done sooner or later!

richfaa
01-03-2008, 06:38 AM
We have the splendide combo. It is nothing like our stick house W/D but then this 3400 is nothing like our stick house. We do not go to Laundromats when at home. We will not go to them when on the road..Helen throws some stuff in, pushes some buttons and away it goes.When it is done she throws some more stuff in and so on and so on. It does not deter us from doing anything else. Would not get one if just weekending or vacationing. In the 19 months we have had it and used it we are sure it has paid for itself.

Ronnelly
01-10-2008, 03:44 PM
We will be in Casa Grande in a few days. We need to replace our spendide. Someone broke into our Montana in Idaho while in secured storage and stole our spendide. It was the 9600 unvented spendide. I was wondering who you got to install your spendide in Casa Grande? We want to replace it with the spendide 2100xc vented.

quote:Originally posted by Delaine and Lindy

Delaine got her Splendide Aristion Stackable in Jan 07 while we were in Casa Grande AZ. She had a Splendide Combo and it did a good job just not as fast as a Stackable. Since we move back into our new stick house and we have a new W/D the only difference is the new Whirlpool dryer is faster because its a 220 volt system. You can't go wrong in buying the Splendide Arstion. Just follow the directions. Good Luck with your choice.... GBY....

dsprik
01-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Montana dealerships install these, I believe. My dealership installed mine after market.

kroencke
02-09-2008, 06:48 AM
We just had the Splendide combo installed and have used a couple times. We love it!

Tawna
02-09-2008, 04:05 PM
I just purchased the Splendide 2100xc combo washer and dryer,but i don't know if it takes a certain laundry soap and softener. Can anyone out there recemend what is best to use?

p.s. thanks for any help.

sreigle
02-13-2008, 05:53 AM
Check with the Montana dealer but we found each dealer has his own brand preference. Our whirlpool/crosley were installed by our Montana dealer.

I think Camping World will install the Splendide. They sell them.

Tawna, I can't help with your Splendide soap question. I know our whirlpool uses the same thing you'd use in your stick home units.

BB_TX
02-13-2008, 08:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tawna

I just purchased the Splendide 2100xc combo washer and dryer,but i don't know if it takes a certain laundry soap and softener. Can anyone out there recemend what is best to use?

p.s. thanks for any help.

Tawna - Check this Splendide tips page.
http://www.splendide.com/consumer_tips.htm

Parrothead
02-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Bill
Thanks for the web site, I had forgotten about it! Reading through the info, I think the question about filters is answered. Some models have them and some don't. Ours doesn't (thank goodness).
Happy trails................

MelsJoy
02-20-2008, 03:58 AM
We have the Splendide 2100, "COMBO". And love it

3pac
02-24-2008, 03:29 AM
Tawna, We are going to purchase a washer and dryer for our Montana. Phil wanted a combo unit (he didn't want to give up all the closet space) but I had heard negative comments regarding the combo units. We attended the Tampa's RV Show in January and I met Sandra E. Jones. She and her husband are the authors of "All the Stuff You Need to Know about RVing."
She is also the author of a book called "Wrinkle-Free RV Laundry Using Your Combination Washer/Dryer Unit." She has a Splendide Dynasty (Model 2100) and experimented for nearly two years to get the results she wanted. I purchased the book (less than $10.00) and talked to Sandra for about 20 minutes asking questions. The book is full of useful information including detergents and softeners, size of loads, time it takes to wash and dry loads, understanding the machine settings, etc. After talking with Sandra and reading her book, I am convinced that a combination unit is the way to go. Like she says, "All RVers know that space in a RV has about the same relative value as beach-front property. To put a stacking washer and dryer in an RV is a wasted use of valuable space." To contact Sandy, e-mail her at laundry@rvstuff.org.

FLSTS03
02-28-2008, 03:33 PM
kenmoore combo here, came with the 3400RL and we've never used it. Doubt we do since our travels will be of the 3 to 5 day version.

Steve

fulltimedreamer
02-29-2008, 04:24 PM
We have the Kariba Bendix made in Italy and now sold in U.S. as the Splendide. It is the unvented model, a bit of a misnomer as it is actually a condensing dryer that vents the water (moisture) to the drain. Moisture is not released into the coach as some suppose. This type of drying does take a little longer, but we just put 'em in and ~ 2.5 hrs later they're clean and dry.

The way we got our w/d is kind of a unique story. I was reading on rv.net one evening and a guy with a motor home was offering the w/d free to anyone who would remove it, as he needed the space it occupied. I sent him an email to find out where he was and he said he was in Key West. Kind of a long drive for me in Atlanta. LOL Anyway, I found out he was going to be in Tampa in a few weeks and as it turns out my daughter lived there at the time. So I went to visit my daughter and stopped by the campgound to see the guy, removed it and now we had a w/d.

Our Montana Mountaineer TT did not have hookups or space for the w/d as it came from the factory. So, I removed the big tube TV from the entertainment center, covered the area with a wall and mounted a flat panel TV. I then went into the bathroom and cut a hole into the back of the entertainment area, built a frame to support the w/d, plumbed in a drain and water connections and ran an electric circuit. Everyone who sees it thinks it came this way from the factory.[:p]

Yes, we have a washer/dryer and wouldn't be without it. We have been campground hosts and always camp the entire summer. Debbie loves having her own private laundry and if she's happy, then I am too.;)

ChevRock
03-29-2008, 07:10 AM
We have the Splendide Combo and love it! The ability to put in the wash and forget it. Even with the smaller loads, since it is just the 2 of us, a couple of loads a week, until it's time to do sheets and we are done. Just be careful not to overload them!

bkirk
04-08-2008, 07:18 AM
We have the Splendide 2100. Have not used it yet but am sure it will come in handy when we need it.

Bill-N-Donna
04-22-2008, 09:53 AM
We donít have one but I think later on we might entertain the thought of it. When out on our wanderlust we have always just used the laundry but I see where it would be nice to have it in the Monty. We have never had room for anything like that before getting the fifth wheel.

A previous owner has certainly made it roomy where we could have one with the changes they made.

If I can find a photo I may come back later and post one.

BearMacDaddy
04-24-2008, 02:52 PM
As I type this respounce I am washing my work bibs with my Splendide 2100xc. The machine washes and dry beyond my expitations. I does at times to have some excess vibration with larger loads, but all in all I would buy it again......Bear

sreigle
04-25-2008, 10:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3pac

To put a stacking washer and dryer in an RV is a wasted use of valuable space."

It sounds like this Sandy thinks she has it all figured out and her way is best for everyone. I can guarantee you she doesn't speak for us.

I think the decision whether to go stack or combo is purely a personal one. Each person has to assess their priorities and make their own decision.

Everything is a tradeoff. You can have that additional storage space or you can complete your laundry more quickly. For those weekending and vacationing it's probably not as big an issue as it is for longtimers and fulltimers.

For us, doing a week's laundry 52 times per year, giving up a little storage space to gain the speed is a no brainer. For us, I said.

A major factor in our selection of this model Montana and our prior model Montana was that we have sufficient storage, inside and out, to carry everything we want AND have room for a stack washer and dryer. And we succeeded in both. And I can say we do carry everything we want. Our 14,620 lb weight attests to that. And we have our stack.

So, I think this Sandy's writings should be taken as input from one person who "has been there." And her thoughts should be considered along with others' opinions and one's own preferences in making this decision.

I guess we're all entitled to our opinons and there is no right or wrong answer that fits everyone.

vickir
04-25-2008, 12:23 PM
3PAC ... Sorry but I've got to throw in my 2 pennies' worth here as well. I've not read either of Sandra Jones' books, but I have to tell you I have a serious problem with anyone who professes to know everything about any topic.

Everyone has different storage needs and uses their storage space differently, so to make a blanket statement about how anyone uses their space is irresponsible. We have been full-timing for five years ... with a stack washer and dryer ... and we've always had everything we needed with us. I insisted on a stack w/d simply because I was not willing to change my 30+ year routine to gain what amounts to the equivalent of the inside of the refrigerator in additional storage. And I won't even go into the issue of my time.

This will sound like bragging to some, and it probably is, but I am very good at using our storage space. In addition to the w/d, our "laundry room" holds a box of winter hats and gloves, all of the laundry supplies (2 large baskets worth), a large collapsible laundry basket, a backpack, my purse and 2 jackets. (Our previous Montana was a 3295 and when we moved into our 3400, even I was amazed at how much stuff I had been able to pack into it. The storage space in that model is fantastic ... I could be wrong, but I think it has the most storage of any of the Montanas.)

I hope I haven't offended you, 3PAC, that was certainly not my intent. I don't post on the MOC very often anymore, but people like Sandra Jones irritate the crap out of me and I just had to respond ... how could she possibly know how any of us use our space, let alone know everything about RVing? As I previously stated, we have been full-timing for just over 5 years now and we're both still learning about our rigs and RVing ... I hope I never stop learning ... about everything!

Parrothead
04-25-2008, 04:51 PM
So have to agree with you, Vicki and Steve. I've read a few of those "How to RV" books, or at least the first 3 or 4 pages. No one can speak for everyone. And some of these authors are very opionated that their way is the only way. One of the best things I read was you must dump your black tank EVERY day. Those people must have some huge problems to fill up that tank every day. Another said you don't need a washer/dryer. We have the combo but looked very seriously for stackables before we purchased the combo. The stackables that have the angled base on the top one (dryer) still leave a lot of room for supplies. I agree with you Vicki also about the 3400. I still have a few empty spots and I have a full office, lots of craft supplies, lots of clothes, books, etc. Not to mention our N scale railroad. Bet Sandy wouldn't know what to do with that!!!!
Happy trails......................

dannyl
06-11-2008, 12:36 PM
2008 3400RL
Washer/dryer prep but I didn't buy the washer/dryer.
I found a 5cubic foot refrigerator at Home Depot that fits in there perfectly.
The standard frig isn't big enough for all we want to carry so the added frig space worked great.
We carry at least a week's worth of clothes and if out longer just go to a laundry.
Danny

Bill-N-Donna
06-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Well we actually got one now. I never thought it would have happened but we have the Splindide 2100xc and we really like it. We have only used it on one trip. It takes a while and the clothes will come out wrinkled but it is nice to just throw them in and when we get back they are done.

Papalr
08-15-2008, 09:23 AM
No,don't want one so says the wife

kwolff7
08-15-2008, 02:06 PM
This topic has been around a long time so I had to go back through and make sure I had not already responded. We have the Whirlpool W/D that came in our Big Sky. I must say I did not want to spend the money for them, thought it was a cost that was not necessary since we are not fulltimers..............but after having them and using them, they are wonderful. I would not be without them. And I have heard about units not holding much.........well I think my loads are almost as large as at home. Some units must not hold much but I can put a dozen or more items in mine and I am not talking underwear. It is so nice to just throw a load of darks in one day, a load of whites in another day and the sheets and towels in another day. It takes all the work out of laundry. It might be nice to have that space for storage, but I will take the Washer/Dryer. I can't get much of anything else in the closet though because they put the washer on the floor and the dryer on a shelf about 3 to 4 inches above. Karen

Snowhawk
10-01-2008, 07:24 AM
We have the Spendide combo and I love it... although I wish we had temp control on the dryer side... it gets pretty hot. When parked in Fla for the winter... I wash every few days so no need to worry about volume and time consumption, which isn't bad (depends on which type of wash you select (regular, express, etc.)

sreigle
10-13-2008, 07:10 AM
Karen and John brought up a point I don't think otherwise has been covered here. Tub size. How much the tub holds. Our Whirlpool/Crosley units are APARTMENT sized units, NOT RV SIZED. They hold less than many home machines but far more than the RV specific units. For a very short time we had a stack of Majestic RV units. The tubs were very small. That's just one reason we were unhappy with the Majestic units we had and after Majestic told me they have no service people in the Kansas City area (Sears dropped their service contract there) to check out the other problems I actually paid our dealer $100 to swap those Majestics out and put in the Whirlpool/Crosley 4 yr old units from our tradein. And we continue to be happy.

My point is the apartment size units hold far more than the RV specific units. Take measurements to make sure the apt units will fit. Ours does.

NCFischers
11-30-2008, 04:09 AM
Splendide combo.

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
11-30-2008, 05:39 AM
I've been a cheerleader for the Splendide combo units, but the more I use mine, the more I wonder if down the road, I wouldn't like a stackable unit because of the combo-dryer situation. After sreigle brought up apartment-sized units, I know I'll do some investigating before we hit the road as full-timers. I think the Splendide washes as good as my beloved stick-house Maytag, although the loads in the Splendide are a lot smaller. But the drying situation is beginning to get to me. If I don't pull out and hang up everything when it's pretty damp, it's nearly impossible to get out the wrinkles that the tiny Splendide tub creates during the drying cycle. I don't care if my sheets and towels are wrinkled, but I do care if the other things look like we're doing the "College Dorm Life, Part II" thing. I've followed the hints about folding jeans before putting them in the washer, folding sheets, etc.--but the end result is still either wrinkled but dry laundry, or fairly unwrinkled but damp strung-all-over-the-place-laundry for hours.

I'm still a Splendide-combo fan, but I'm not a full-timer yet. Steve, I'm glad you brought up the apartment-size units. I didn't realize such animals existed. :)

Carolyn

exav8tr
11-30-2008, 08:34 AM
We don't have one and have no plans to get one. DW would rather take a few hours a week and do laundry once than to be doing it several days a week. I don't want the extra weight either. To each his own, I guess....

Mynabird
11-30-2008, 04:18 PM
I agree with you exsv8tr. 35 years ago hubby and I took a work & travel trip from Illinois to California with 2 kids and 1 born in Pecos, Texas.

Anyway, got in the habit of washing clothes once or twice a week and it was done!

When we got our Montana this year this was a non-issue. Still don't think I will ever want one. (Note I did not say never! Learned that lesson a while ago too!);)

Big D
11-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Does any one have pic's of the washer and dry going into a 2005 3400RL Mine has a shelf in the bottom and it looks like if i took it out it would open right in to the storge compartment But yet it has plugs labed washer / dryer

Parrothead
12-01-2008, 07:01 AM
Darren,
You are correct, the shelf needs to come out. Since we were in a hurry when we did ours we left it open. Plans were to close it in and we have yet to do it. At one time Keystone had plans that were sent to customers for enclosure. By the time we purchased the W/D, they had changed the closet and the shelf was not there. When I contacted Keystone, they told me there was no hole. I tried twice and was told the same thing. There are members who have enclosed the opening and hopefully they will respond.
Happy trails....................

The Oldguard
12-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Make sure that you know which tank the washer drains into.[:p][:p][:p]

And if it drains into the black tank, here is the fix:

Ok for all of you that have the 3400RL with the washer drain that goes into the black tank I have a fix if youíre ready to drop the panels and fix the problem with the poor engineering design from keystone.

First you will have to cut the drain line as it enters the black tank vent pipe, leaving about an inch on the vent pipe to allow you to glue a dead end cap on it.

Next you will have to cut wood next to drain pipe to allow it to turn far enough to clear vent pipe then using a 45 degree fitting, and straight pipe to a 90 degree fitting with a straight section down through floor to another 90 degree fitting then a straight piece to a 45 degree fitting, then a straight section into a 3 fitting with a end down to a 1.50 fitting.

As you can see there is no insulation in the section where the holding tanks are located, and the heat line into the belly is on the aft side of the tanks.

Beware even after doing this to always open the drain before using the washer, if you donít it will not be able to vent, and will overflow into the washer and dryer closet!!!

Ok itís time to have fun, and remember this will make the DW very happy!!!

Washer Drain Fix (http://picasaweb.google.com/oldguard1/WaherDrainFix#)

Big D
12-01-2008, 02:47 PM
I just wanted to tell you thanks for reply I sure would like to see how the factory did it quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

Darren,
You are correct, the shelf needs to come out. Since we were in a hurry when we did ours we left it open. Plans were to close it in and we have yet to do it. At one time Keystone had plans that were sent to customers for enclosure. By the time we purchased the W/D, they had changed the closet and the shelf was not there. When I contacted Keystone, they told me there was no hole. I tried twice and was told the same thing. There are members who have enclosed the opening and hopefully they will respond.

Parrothead
12-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Since Darren has the same model and year we do, I am pretty sure his drains into the gray tank. But his bathroom sink probably drains into the black tank. When they changed this, they quit putting the lower shelf (bench) in the W/D closet.

blamb
12-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I have the vented Splendide combo. I satisfied with it. I miss the old stick-house way of doing laundry, and like others have said, the wrinkles are quite amazing, but I have never in my life cared about my clothes being wrinkled. Probably because I have always worn Tshirts or tshirt type material for the most part and the wrinkles seem to go away after an hour or so of wearing it just from body heat. Same for jeans and skirts. I think I am a sloppy dresser and don't know it. lol.

Exnavydiver
12-16-2008, 02:52 PM
We are on the second week with our new Bosch washer and dryer. I installed a full 220 volt 30 amp circuit with 8-3 wire. I try to balance each leg on the 50 amp circuits and everything works great. No unbalanced loads and the units are very quiet, the wash only gets a wiggle with large loads and even that isn't a problem because it decreases after the first spin. The tub is 3.4 cubic feet, the largest I could get in a 24 inch unit. The dryer is also very quiet and does a full load in less than an hour. We do a light load every couple days and everything is running perfectly. With the Freshwater tank full we can run 5 loads as the washer only uses 8 gallons of water. The drain taps into the sewer pipe just before it gets to the dump cap. Never goes into the holding tanks unless you gate the end and open the dump gates. Great setup and this has been in the offing since we got the rig. We were going to wait till the house sold but has a nece windfall as we left for this trip south and after having to go 20 miles on mountain roads to the nearest laundromat we decided it was time to get the W/D. They are Bosch aXXis models and the whole system with vent and delivery ended up being about 1600 dollars. Betsy and I did the install and are very pleased with the performance. If you have the room I recommend getting the units... Dave and Betsy

WildBigBill
12-18-2008, 11:49 AM
No, don't think we will ever get them.

Ronnelly
01-17-2009, 11:02 AM
We have the 2100xc Splendide combo in our Montana. Called Camping World in St Augustine, Florida and set up an appointment to have it installed on our trip back to Florida. They did a really good job. They ran the ducting inside the wall and did a really good installation. The washer is installed so I don't have to bend over to load it about 2 + feet above floor level. I can keep all my laundry supplies and other stuff on floor underneath washer. All of my clothes are clean -- no more laundry pile up. I am a Happy Camper. quote:Originally posted by Lady RV

Do you have a Washer and Dryer in your Montana, Mountaineer, Big Sky or Cambridge?

Ronnelly
01-17-2009, 11:21 AM
We had a shelf in our 3380RL Montana too. A shelf was built on top of that shelf --strong enough to hold our 2100xc splendide combo. It is easy to load and you don't have to bend over. I still have room between the top shelf and washer to store stuff. There also is room underneath the washer to store stuff. We could have taken the shelf out and put the washer floor level, but am so happy it is about 2 feet off floor, easier on the back to load washer. quote:Originally posted by Big D

Does any one have pic's of the washer and dry going into a 2005 3400RL Mine has a shelf in the bottom and it looks like if i took it out it would open right in to the storge compartment But yet it has plugs labed washer / dryer

jwedell
04-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Just installed a combo.

Jim n Vicki
04-22-2009, 02:19 PM
I want one on our new rig. We will get a combo.

garyka
04-27-2009, 02:06 AM
I use the space to put a small refrigerator in,and shelves.

Tom S.
07-15-2009, 10:04 AM
We have the combo.

washley1
07-21-2009, 04:25 AM
Combo, although it takes a LONG time to run a load or two!

Lambchop
07-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Combo..Vented

My wife just loves it!

Roy

tigerrag
02-20-2010, 12:16 AM
We would rather have the storage room.

gojodo
02-21-2010, 12:18 AM
We chose not to get the w/d, we prefer the storage space. The trip to the laundry mat is not a problem, we combine that with the grocery shopping or lunch and usually finish the wash in 1-1/2 hours with the two of us. Prefer not to use the campground, either there are not enough machines or the cost is way off. If we get a larger montana I still don't think we would opt for the w/d although it is a good consideration for some.

Dennis Korchak
02-21-2010, 04:18 AM
We have a Splendide 2100xc combo and love it.

RADHAZJOE
06-30-2010, 02:11 AM
Staxkable 24" Maytag. If you stay at full hookuo campgrounds, it is easy to provide 220V for the dryer. Less than $50.

Sinterior
06-30-2010, 05:04 AM
We have a Splendide combo and use the rest of the closet for laundry detergent, water softener, etc. storage and coat closet.

CamillaMichael
07-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Splendide combo is at the top of our list of things to get/add to our Montana.

Jdrobone
09-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Just installed the stackable Splendide washer and dryer yesterday. Taking them for a trial run next week. Will update with finding.

Just out of curiosity the DW would like to know how much "Tide" to use on a normal (whatever that is)load. (She is an avowed "Tide" addict, don't even suggest anything else!)

Jerry and Sandy

Parrothead
09-05-2010, 03:42 PM
I also use Tide because it is the only thing I am not allergic to. I use a coffee measurer. Works great, clothes are clean.
Happy trails..............

rich6506547
09-06-2010, 03:52 AM
we have a 3400 and a stack washer and dryer we fulltime and use it a lot

bigskyjimmy
09-12-2010, 03:32 PM
no need, all the resorts i go to have nice laundry facilities i would rather have the space and save on weight