PDA

View Full Version : sat

Dont
06-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi I want to no what I would have to do to let a a friend hook up to my sat. I am getting a good sig. but he is setting at different place and their is a lot of trees and he loose his sig. all the time. We put splitter in line with mine and I still get sat.ok but when we hook in receiver to the splitter he does't get any thing. mine still works.I unhook my sat and just left his hook up then his work. any help please.

Charlie
06-06-2007, 02:12 PM
I assume you are trying to hook the same type receivers to the dish. If you have a dual LNB dish run a second wire from the dish to his receiver. Otherwise, there will be too much signal loss though the splitter for both units to work properly using a single LNB dish.

300' is about the max. distance that a wire can support enough signal to work. He could move his dish to where you are if you are getting a good signal.

kegger5769
06-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Sat systems don't like just any splitter, even the one that say the will work on sat system don't always work. I bought on e-bay (about $20 if I remember) the one they used in my stick house to use on the portable dish which handles up to 4 recievers. I can check the brand and model # for you when I get home if you would like....?
Kim

ols1932
06-07-2007, 05:32 PM
We have a dual LNB on our DirecTV antenna and I've had other people hooked to ours and it works great. A splitter is a no-no with satellite TV.

Orv