PDA

View Full Version : Antenna reception shuts down after 1 or 2 hrs

pound99
05-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Hello Friends,
Can anyone tell me the cause of the roof antenna power shutting of after 1 or two hours. It will return its power when it wants. I have seen it be out 6 hours then the power will be ok. I checked the incoming 12 volt and it is dead when it is off but measure 12 volt when it's on. I have replaced the circuit card but it fails with the new card the same was as the old card.

Any thoughts what is causing this 12 volt to drop and return. I have installed a new deep cell battery and it does the same..

Thanks

Daryl

sreigle
05-28-2007, 02:46 PM
It might be the head on the antenna. The 12v goes to the head which then is able to boost the signal. If there is something wrong with the head perhaps it is unable to complete the circuit, especially if there's a loose connection somewhere. I just told you everything I know about how that works and I may be way off base.

richfaa
06-04-2007, 04:14 AM
There is a ckt board in the ant head. We just got a new one from Wineguard as ours was causing bad reception. There is a Warranty. Don't know how old your camper is but check it out..

H. John Kohl
06-04-2007, 08:09 AM
You say the 12 volt goes off and then comes back. I assume you are measuring the 12 volts at the amplifier box where the green light is located. If that is the case then you have to look closer to the fuse panel to see what is shutting off your voltage. Look and see if there is a red light on your fuse panel. The suggestions about the antenna bat-wing are good but I think you are looking in the wrong direction.
Good luck.
John