PDA

View Full Version : We are home

richfaa
04-02-2007, 05:29 PM
After 112 days, 8455.4 miles and 16 states on our long timers, full timers, Gypsies, vagabonds, Snowbird whatever adventure,,what a trip. We learned a lot about ourselves and our 3400 Montana. As for us..we can do this..We will continue to do this..for those thinking about it..it is a adventure not to be missed. The 3400 is a very livable camper once you accept that this is a 400 sq foot camper and not your stick house.There are a lot of adjustment to make but after a very short time all is normal. It is good to be home...The stick house is...HUGE.. after the 400 sq foot camper..every room is a ballroom. Our family room at 25X15 is nearly as large as the entire 3400.Right now I don't even know where Helen is. Took a shower in a enormous bathroom with a huge shower that I did not have to ever turn off and never ran out of hot water..Don't remember this place being this ..HUGE... It is good to be back among family, friends..familiar places and things..We will clean, retrofit, repair and be back on the road in a short time.. We are so fortunate to be able to enjoy the best of both worlds.

dsprik
04-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Glad you nmade it back safely, Rich. Cheryl and I will be in Clyde, OH on the 25th of this month. Maybe we can get together for a bite to eat?

Okie Guy
04-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I am glad to hear you two made it home safe.

Montana Sky
04-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Rich and Helen,

I am happy to hear you have made it home safely, but more so that you have enjoyed your time on the road. I am looking forward to hearing your upcoming report on your service center visit...

bsmeaton
04-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Glad you had a safe trip Rich - I sure envy your adventure!!

kwolff7
04-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Rich and Helen,

Glad you made it home OK. Was good meeting you and Helen in Phoenix. We will give you a call when we get to Town and Country RV in Clyde to pick up our Big Sky. Should be sometime around the 1st of June. Karen

jrgwdenner
04-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Well, if you have to be at home, we're glad you arrived safely! We had a very similar reaction the first time we returned from a long time on the road. It was a real letdown. Being in all that space was not nearly as nice as being in the coziness of 400 sq. ft. of space that you can clean up in 45 mins. It does take some adjustment. And about that time you're ready to get back on the road.

Karen, glad to hear that you're looking forward to a Big Sky.

Mudchief
04-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Glad you made it home safely. Now you can regroup and start planing your next adventure.

DonandBonnie
04-03-2007, 03:18 AM
Welcome back to Ohio. The weather report for our area is a high of 77 today, with highs for the rest of the week in the mid 30's and a probablility of snow each day. Variety is the spice of life, don't you know. Sounds like there is going to be a mini-rally in Clyde. Hope to join you soon. The realtor will appraise the stick house tomorrow.

Dave e Victoria
04-03-2007, 04:44 AM
It was nice to meet you guys in Phoenix and glad you made it home safely. We sort of reverse your trip every year. We will leave on the cross country to KY and MI in may after a short trip to Mexico this month. Will get back to Phoenix in October or November just in time to start picking citrus again.
Dave and Victoria

rickety
04-03-2007, 06:03 AM
Glad you made it home safe and sound. I understand that some companies offer free guided trips through your stick homes for those who are longtimers and have forgotten what a full size house is, and how to navigate them[:p]
Welcome to your home[8D]

CanDo
04-03-2007, 06:22 AM
Rich and Helen, good to hear you made it back to your stick house safely. As folks who are getting ready to full-time, it is so gratifying to hear that you both enjoyed it so much that you plan to go again soon! I remember some of your concerns before you started out - some of the same ones we have. Hope to meet you on the road some day!

rrheik
04-04-2007, 03:13 AM
Rich, glad that you made it home and have some great memories. Don't lethat Tana gather too much dust waiting for the next great adventure.

barb and bob

simonsrf
04-04-2007, 05:54 AM
Rich and Helen,

Glad you made it home safely, without incident!

Enjoyed meeting you in Quartzsite, hope to see you again on the road.

Cat320
04-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Glad you made it home without a problem.

We'll all be interested to hear how Keystone takes care of your 3400 after its meltdown.

SKOOBDO
04-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Welcome back to Ohio Rich and Helen! If you stayed away just one more week you guys would have avoided this cold weather we just got today through next week. But I'm glad you're back and that you've enjoyed your get-away. Hope to see you guys again down the road.

SAndreasen
04-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Glad you made it safe and sound! Thanks for sharing part of your adventure with us in AZ. We really enjoy the dual- world experiences too. We're leaving for the rally in Branson on May 13 and will not be back until the 6th of June. Branson the TN for a family visit. Looking forward to the road again. Hope see the two of you in June.

exav8tr
04-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Glad you made it home safe and sound and didn't have anymore "isolated incidents". I look forward to "comparing notes" once we start our big adventure.....
Phil

fulltimedreamer
04-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Rich,

I know you are happy to be home from your big adventure. Now to get the Montana squared away and get ready for the next big adventure.

snfexpress
04-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Rich and Helen,

Enjoyed our time together in LHC.

When we returned to our "home", we found that it was way too large. So, we sold it and are now on the road full time, at least for the next few years.

Love it!

djdecock
04-05-2007, 08:14 PM
It was nice to hear that you made it home safe and sound after your 8,000+ trip! We enjoyed getting to make your acquaintance in Lake Havasu City this winter. It's been an adjustment to get back into the cold winter weather lately, although, we were into a very early spring for awhile. Ranching and calving keeps us busy for sometime now and hopefully, we'll get in a few short trips in Montana this summer. Take care. Maybe, our paths will cross at Havasu during the Nov.-Feb. months again sometime. Joan and Dick

2005 Ford Crew Cab 4x4 Dually
2005 3475 RL Montana

Ozz
04-06-2007, 03:09 AM
Rich and Helen, it was great to spend time with you two guys, Vegas and LHC was super. We can identify with your thoughts on the house, Wayyy too big, we have been cleaning and tossing things since we have been back. My truck is still hooked up, had to charge Sue's SUV battery so she could take the birds to their new owner.
Minimize is the theme here now.
Hope to see you guys on the road again, good friends are hard to come by.

Wifeofdano
04-06-2007, 04:11 AM
Rich & Helen,
Glad to hear that you are safely back at your "other" home. We usually have to stay in the Monty just one more night after we get back from where we've been. You did have a pretty incredible adventure! It's hard waiting until we can do the same. We almost got to meet you when you came through Georgia, but at least now you know where we are! Enjoy being level!
Dan & Lisa