PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the welcome.....

deadeye
01-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the welcome to your board. I have been reading over some of the post and I am very impressed with some of the info that you can find here. My wife and I are newbies with a 2955 Monte. We were previous owners of a Fleetwood Prowler. Very little comparison between the two. Monte is so much nicer in every way. I am sure I will be asking for some of your guidence on certain subjects. I was reading post on going away for extended periods of time especially in winter time. I have picked up an item at MILL'S FLEET FARM, ROCHESTER MINNESOTA made by Honeywell that some of you that have winter stick home may be interested in. It is called Winter Watchman -- Model CW200A. It tells your neighbor when your heat is off in your house without the neighbor having to go to your house to check. It is an electic thermostat plugged into a light socket that you can set at a tempature of 30, 40, 50, or 60 degrees. If the temp in your house gets below the setting that you set it at, you can have a light come on that warns or tells the neighbor that something is wrong... They are probably sold other places besides Mill's, but that is where I happen to pick mine up at.....Regards

boylanag
01-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the info. Sounds like a great item. Think I'll look into it.

BillyRay
01-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah, that's neat.

jrgwdenner
01-13-2007, 10:42 AM
That's a great hint for your first post, Deadeye. Welcome!

Joyce H
01-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Jack,
Welcome to the MOC forum and thanks for the informative post. Always good to wee the newcomers jumping right in with helpful info.

stiles watson
01-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Let me add my welcome to the others. Thanks for sharing the gizmo with us. Happy RVing....

JimF
01-13-2007, 02:45 PM
welcome aboard and thanks for the idea, we travel a lot and that would be handy.

Illini Trekker
01-14-2007, 04:43 AM
Glad you have found us look foward to hearing more ideas as I also have a 2955RL it a 2005. SeeYa

RKassl
01-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Welcome, the wife and I also have a 2955rl, 2005. Love the floor plan, itis the perfect fit for us, not too big and not too small! Getting ready for the dream trip...Alaska in about 24 months. Thanks for the tip, I will be looking at it too.

bsmeaton
01-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Deadeye - Welcome to the forum! We also went from a Fleetwood Wilderness to a 2955RL. What a drastic difference. We're now without, waiting for a 3400RL. Only problem I see is we reinherited the Dometic Excalibur furnace in the new 3400 that I used to cuss in the Wilderness :( (it cycles way too long blowing cold air). Our 2955RL had the suburban furnace that I loved.

Thanks for the tip. We had a robertshaw thermostat in the cabin that was integrated with the telephone. You could call, and if the phone rang it was A-OK. If the phone was busy, the inside had dropped below 40 degrees and something was wrong.

Wrenchtraveller
01-15-2007, 01:46 PM
We also love our 2955RL. Plenty big enough for us and our 4 legged Kids, 70 pound female Doberman and 50 pound Standard Schnauzer. Enjoy the unit but watch out for the low hanging rear steps, the only negative thing we have ever found on our 06 2955RL. They tow like a dream.