PDA

View Full Version : A Pretty good idea for safety of your pets

Ozz
12-29-2006, 05:26 AM
When the pets are left behind in the Monte, while you and the boss are visiting the town, along the way of travels. Yea, guys we know who the boss is.
Carry a note in the truck showing where you are staying, how to get in and who to ship the pets to, you can work this many different ways, but if the unthinkable should happen, we want our pets to be cared for.
Think about it.
Ozz

Dustytuu
12-29-2006, 07:39 AM
Good idea OZ.

Rocky2
12-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Ozz,
Here is another option or addition to your idea.
Saw it on a trailer in Texas.
They had a sticker on the door that had pictures of pets and their phone number.

I modified it so that it is removeable with velcro (did not want to advertise our cell phone # to every person on the road) -

IN CASE OF
EMERGENCY
PLEASE
SAVE OUR PETS!
CALL ########### (our cell phone - which we always carry)
3 DOGS -
Inserted pictures of all three dogs with their names on the pictures so some one would know which was which.

Only the wet weather got to it and I need to make a new one and this time laminate it.

Laura

Ozz
12-29-2006, 09:13 AM
Good idea, but if you were both killed in an auto accident-then what??
Good addition, though.
Ozz

gojodo
12-29-2006, 11:41 PM
This is a good idea. We have a metal engraved plate on our dog's collar that gives our cell phone, in case she ran away or got lost, but maybe I will consider adding other contact information as well. I stopped putting dangling tags on her collar when I discovered she has gotter caught in the furnace register on the floor of the Monty, it just dropped in and twisted, she ended up untwisting the wire ring holding the tag. Scared me so I started using the flat belt clip style tags that don't dangle. John

Rocky2
01-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Ozz,
I used your idea of the note in the truck - I used my Print Shop program and made a business card with the picture of all 3 dogs as the faded background and put the following.

In Case of Emergency:
Please note our pets (if not with us) are in our Fifth wheel trailer located at:
RV PARK NAME & ADDRESS

Please notify the owners or manager at ###### or ######## if something has happened to us.
signed: Joe & Laura Lantz

I also put the local relatives names and #'s on the back of the card.
I put one in each of our wallets and will update as we move - won't have to for a while - we are here until September.

Laura (aka Rocky2)

Parrothead
01-12-2007, 11:06 AM
We have emergency cards I made with blank spaces for the CG and site #. Then when we are parked we fill in the blanks and put them in our wallets. We don't have pets so this is just for emergency info in case we are in an accident while away from the Monty.
Happy trails..................

refocused
01-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Good idea, parrothead!

lwcdg
01-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Hi everybody, I just started reading the post and decided to add another thought. Please have all the pets "micro chipped" then put a tag or plate on the collar. This "should" protect your pets lives. As far as I know it is a law in all 50 stated that an animal "chipped" can not be put down. How do I know? my wife and I own a vet clinic. Now you understand why it's tough getting away.
Hope this helps.
Chuck

Ozz
01-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks, Chuck, great info!

msmoonsatx
01-15-2007, 03:55 AM
I appreciate this thread. We have a mix that likes to travel and walk with us. However we are fearful of traveling in the summer and then leaving her in the trailer when we are gone for most of the day. On one weekend the campground circuit breaker burnt out and we lost air conditioning for the day.

Does anyone leave an emergency key with the campground in case of emergencies?

Mark and Suanne

Ozz
01-15-2007, 04:05 AM
That is a good idea Mark, maybe if you get a friendly neighbor, but man, I would always worry about their honesty.
A dilemma for sure.

Mike-n-Jen
01-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Great ideas all!

We will be getting our next dog chipped for sure.

We are blessed with a very good camp manager, we leave emergency keys with her whenever we travel. At the next camp ground? Well just have to wait and see.

Mike