View Full Version : Convertor Question

Dean Kellogg
12-28-2006, 01:39 PM
I keep my Mountaineer plugged into AC voltage 100% of the time when it's not in use. Lately, it seems like the battery is nearly discharged when I get ready to take a trip and it will barely operate the tongue jack. After I get to my destination, the battery has enough power to easily operate the tongue jack. It seems that the battery is being charged while I'm traveling, but not while it is in storage via my convertor.

How do I go about testing the operation of my convertor? Has anyone else had this problem?


12-28-2006, 03:16 PM
First, make sure the breaker is on to it.
It has a fuse in the converter, (If it's like mine) Check it, If you have an amp meter, or know someone who does, check it's amp draw, but I bet it's not in the circuit. (Oh, check the battery water too)
Welcome to the Forum Dean.

JH Sechelt
12-28-2006, 05:41 PM

If it is always plugged in, I'd be checking the water in the batteries. When you hook up and drive,it probably gives them a good surface charge.
converter wouldn't do that. how old are the batteries?