PDA

View Full Version : Hope you all are right.

Dave e Victoria
12-13-2006, 02:17 PM
After reading all the posts on the subject, we are springing for a Splendide 1.9 cu ft washer dryer. Camping world is having a sale and we jumped. Unfortunately, we don't plan to use the trailer for awhile so I have to figure out if we need to do a test run before the Cambridge returns to storage. With all the holiday activity I'm afraid it will have to wait.

stiles watson
12-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Congrats on your new upgrade. Hope it fullfills all your expectations.

richfaa
12-14-2006, 04:05 AM
We Just had ours installed a couple of weeks ago and have not used it yet..We know it is smaller, will take longer to wash and dry and we do not have those expectations. We note here at this KOA is 1.50 for a 25 mins wash and .25 for 10 mins dry time. We went for the convenience factor..everything is a trade off. We are not fond of Laundromats but understand we will have to use them from time to time.

Delaine and Lindy
01-01-2007, 04:38 PM
We have the Cambridge 358 like Dave and Victoria, and we had the Spledide 2100 washer/dryer the vented type. We used it in two different 5th wheels. Worked great, DW was the expert, and new how to use it. However we just sold it in Mission Tx. and order the stackable unit made by Splendide will have it installed in Mesa Az when we get to Casa Grande. You will have to get use to using the 2100. Since we are full timing we at times need to wash and dry at the same time, its a little faster.

Dave its good to see your still out and about.... We just left Mission Tx. this morning, and are in Kerrville Tx making our way to Cal. will be in Arizona for about a month. GBY...

Montana Sky
01-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Lindy,

I talked with you while you were having your Cambridge worked on in Goshen at the service center. We were talking about your Kodiak while I was hooking up my 3400RL to my Duramax. So glad to see you have joined us here on the MOC. Welcome!

Dave

richfaa
01-02-2007, 03:19 AM
We have been using our splendede 2100 on a regular basis now, at least every other day. The only thing that it has in common with the W/D in your stick house is that it washes and drys. The Splendede handles small loads, it takes a long time to Wash and dry..but..the convenience is priceless.It is one the best investments we have made in the RV.

Parrothead
01-02-2007, 06:32 AM
Rich and Helen
I'm so glad to hear you like the Splendide! We totally agree with you. I think one thing a lot of people do not think about is when you are "camping" whether it is full time, long time or weekends. You don't wear the same type of clothes that you do if you are going to work every day. A long time ago we had a rule that only jeans and tShirts and sweatshirts went in the RV. We have since changed a little but still don't take dressy type clothes.
Happy trails................
Happy trails......................

richfaa
01-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Helen and I have one set of "dress up" stuff which we have not used yet. The rest is casual..very casual..your posts along with some others were very helpful in our choice of the splendide. We will even go as far as to say . "We have the splendide W/ D, We love it and would not be without it"

Dustytuu
01-02-2007, 09:37 AM
We have a Kenmore stack units. I just don't know much about the Splendide. We may be forced to get one some day since we like a new floor plan only that one will fit. But will be a few years until we are ready to trade.

dsprik
01-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Lindy, I'm curious about getting more info on the Splendide stackable. Is the sacrifice of the space worth the extra laundry capacity? I have never heard of a stackable Splendide.

Parrothead
01-02-2007, 05:50 PM
One thing I forgot to mention. Since you have a W/D right in your rig, you don't need as many clothes especially underwear and socks. This makes more room for other things. Pre W/D we had at least 10-14 days worth of underwear and socks. Now carry only 6 or 7 days. More room for my crafts! LOL
Happy trails.......................

Montana Sky
01-02-2007, 08:17 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/cartoon/9.gif

richfaa
01-03-2007, 03:49 AM
Sue.That is so true about the clothes.I really do not need 20 sets of Socks, T shirts , Etc..We are learning.

dsprik
01-03-2007, 05:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sky

http://bestsmileys.com/funny/1.gifLots of interpretations there, Dave. :D

Parrothead
01-03-2007, 10:00 AM
I must be slow today but I don't get it. Explain, Dave Sky, please.
Rich, you are so right or as my son-in-law says no need to turn them wrong side out to wear for another day! LOL
Happy trails.......................

virgil47
01-04-2007, 04:38 AM
Montana Sky,
I think you are bragging:)

tbhd
01-04-2007, 03:25 PM
We had Camping World install the Splendide 2100 about a week ago. The Montana is all winterized so we didn't have it tested. Looking forward to checking it out soon.

I think that's the first time I've every looked forward to doing laundry.

Sharon