PDA

View Full Version : Leaks in Montana Slides

Briarglenn
12-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Hi,

We're new to owning a Montana 3400 ('07)and seem to have a problem that we did not have in our previous 5th Wheels. Left an '04 Challenger that was small for FT'm. Anyway we are visiting our grandchildren in the NW area of Washington, we're experiencing a leak on the forward seal of the bedroom slide out.

The slide out appears to be fully extended and I added a small amount of foam to tighten the base of the slideout seal. Helped some, but no great results. I would appreciate any input from those owners having experienced the same type of problem.

Thank you,

John & Cookie

JH Sechelt
12-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi John & Cookie,

First of all welcome to the MOC. With a unit so new I would take it back to your dealer or a dealer that is close to you. I would think it would be a Minor adjustment. Should be covered by warranty.

J&D

genecurp
12-12-2006, 08:39 AM
I agree taking your trailer to a dealer is the best choice. They can check many posibilites (alignment of slide, slide gaskets, etc). And having the problem registered should help if floor or ceiling damage occurs.

Good luck. My experience with warrenty service has been completely satisfactory.

rickety
12-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Hi John and Cookie, welcome to the site.
We live here in the NW and right after we bought the Monty we went down to Westport (on the coast) We got a lot of rain that week, and had a leak in the bedroom. We took it to the dealer and they repaired
it under warrany. It was a simple fix, something to do with the seal not being set properly. NO problems since with any part of the Monty.:D:D(knock on wood)

richfaa
12-12-2006, 01:55 PM
We have not had a single leak in our 06 3400..Today on the road ,we experienced moonsoon rains for a long period of time...we are now in a C.G and dry as a bone..

Bill Frisbee
12-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Our bedroom slide did not seal completely along the bottom edge when we first bought it. The top edge was snug when closed but the bottom edge left a gap of about a half-inch. A simple adjustment by the dealer fixed the problem.

MAMalody
12-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Where are you exactly? Maybe we can help you find the nearest Montana dealer.

Broome101
12-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Look under the slide while extended, you should be able to see under there to see if the main seal is short or not, the outside seal was too short was our problem to inches too short and allowed water. Also down the side of the slide is a gutter that runs down to divert water make sure it has good seal and nothing blocking it.