PDA

View Full Version : Tablerock State Park, Branson, MO

jrgwdenner
06-12-2006, 11:51 AM
We are spending the next few days at this lovely state park with full hookups for $13.00 per night (old folks rate). The Verizon aircard gets us on the internet so we even have WiFi. And an added pleasure this afternoon was a chance to meet and visit with MOCers Steve and Sharon Andreasen from Glen's home state of Iowa. In keeping with the fine MOC tradition of eating at every opportunity, we plan to meet at the Olive Garden for dinner. It's one of the perks of being an MOCer!

adelmoll
06-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Great park Judy. We have stayed there also. Another super spot is the Escapee's at Turkey Creek. You might want to check it out for a future extended stay.

Helen

jrgwdenner
06-13-2006, 03:30 AM
We will look into the Escapees Park. Thanks for that tip, Helen.

Of interest for members wanting to volunteer, Missouri only requires a four week commitment.

bobgay
06-13-2006, 05:40 AM
Judy, are you happy with how your aircard has performed? We are about to switch over to the Verizon aircard from their Mobile Office kit. Have you found many dead areas in your travels?
Bob

jrgwdenner
06-13-2006, 07:32 AM
We've been quite happy with our aircard although today I'm having trouble posting to the forum. The signal is excellent but it's a slow connection. The aircard has worked well. It allows us to stay in the rural campgrounds that we like so well, such as state parks and COE campgrounds, which usually charge $10 to $12 per night. instead of $25 to $30 if there's WiFi. I'd recommend the Verizon aircard with a booster antenna. I don't know how it would work without the antenna.