PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Ratings

Pages : [1] 2

Longwell
04-07-2006, 08:52 AM
What do you think about using this "thread" to post advice/observations/warnings/suggestions/praise/recommendations about Montana Dealers?
My thought is that we could have a good reference list for repair work, warranty or non-warranty in ANY part of the country, since these are mobile entities we are using.
Sometimes, it seems, we need work NOW and it would be nice to have a listing to search for recommended &/or non-recommended dealers in any area in which we happened to be. This would put all the posts in one place for easy access.
My hope would be that we would have at least as many positive posts as negative posts, so that this would be maximally useful, but only time would tell.
I don't have a Monty yet, but service all over N. America is one thing that is tops on my list when I get one, 'cause when you need it, you need it.
Scale of 0 to 10 (0=no good, 10=excellent):)
Thanks.
Larry

quote:We, the MOC Administrative Staff, think that although a forum dedicated to posting one's experiences, both good and bad, with dealers would be beneficial to our Members, guidelines are necessary to keep each thread true to its subject. As such, we have formulated the following guidelines:

Post your personal experiences only without emotion, not opinions or hearsay.

This is to be a reference thread only to simply state objective facts; it is not to be a conversational thread. Please address questions or comments directly to the poster by email or private message.

Names of individual dealers' management/personnel will not be included in negative comments.

The MOC Administrative Staff reserves the right to edit or delete part or all of any post that, in our opinion, does not fit within these guidelines.

We appreciate the Membership's cooperation in following these guidelines.

Best regards,

the MOC Administrator

kwbosch
04-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Sounds good, I'll start things off.

Mike Thompson's RV in Colton, Ca.

Scale of 1-10, 10 being excellent.

Sales experience: 8

Warranty Service experience: 0 (that's zero, zip, nada)

TFAEBM, (the facts as experienced by me)

Ken

montanaone
04-15-2006, 07:07 PM
quote:We, the MOC Administrative Staff, think that although a forum dedicated to posting one's experiences, both good and bad, with dealers would be beneficial to our Members, guidelines are necessary to keep each thread true to its subject. As such, we have formulated the following guidelines:

This is to be a reference thread only to simply state objective facts; it is not to be a conversational thread. Please address questions or comments directly to the poster by email or private message.

Names of individual dealers' management/personnel will not be included in negative comments.

The MOC Administrative Staff reserves the right to edit or delete part or all of any post that, in our opinion, does not fit within these guidelines.

richfaa
04-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Town & Country Rv, Clyde, Ohio
Sales Experience 10
Pre-PDI and PDI 10 They did everything I asked them to do without question and never charged me a dime more than the original quote for the camper.
Warranty Service Experience, Not used yet.

Lstierw
04-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Blue Crick RV
Spokane, WA (Airway Heights)
Service - 10 They have been excellent. Could not ask for a better dealer:D

SAndreasen
04-16-2006, 11:35 AM
RV Centeral, Sheldon, IA

sales = 10 I've brought three units from them. great to deal with
service = 10 they've been provided wonderful service

Montana Sky
04-16-2006, 04:24 PM
I 2nd Lstierw's opinion

Blue Crick RV
Spokane, WA (Airway Heights)
Sales - 10+
Service - 10+ They have been excellent.
Had warranty and non-warranty work done, suggest them to anyone traveling through.

Bighorn
04-17-2006, 04:38 AM
Beckley's Camping Center Thurmont, MD
Sales: Great experience I give them a '10'
Service Facility: Nicest I've seen. I give it a '10' http://www.beckleysrvs.com/services/indexset.htm
Service manager: I give him a '3'

surfrat
04-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Purchased 05 2955 Monty July 05 from Mike Thompson in Colton, California.

Sales 1-10, 8
Service 1-10, 0 Expearinced damage and major theft with no responce.
other than a police report.

sgf
04-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Beckleys Camping Center, Thurmont,Md.Sales, I give them a 7, great price and easy to deal with. no hassles.Service at first a 2,slow and things not fixed ;after getting keystone involved a 8,service facilty a 10.Service manager a 3.After warranty service-will do it myself.

Sweetfire
04-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Bodily RV
Meridian, Idaho

Sales... Don't know

Service...10

Note: Have an appointment next week 04/26/06 to work on remote thermostat problem and a few small cosmetic things. I hope I still have the same opinion when I get it back.

ols1932
04-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Ketelsen's RV in Hiawatha, IA. I'd rate them 10 on both sales and service.

Orv

fulltimedreamer
04-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Camper City, Buford, Georgia

Sales/Purchase Experience - 10
Service Dept. - 10 (I've only had minor problems that were addressed quickly.)
Parts Department - 10

rames14
04-19-2006, 03:56 PM
We have purchased two RV's from Rollin On RV in Schererville, Indiana. It is a family owned dealership that handles Keystone and Forest River products among others.

Sales - 10 Their first offer was far better than any other dealer.

Service - 10 They have fixed every issue the first time and did several other courtesy items for us as well. Sadat is the service manager and at least one MOC member works there.

In my opinion, the dealer can mean the difference between an RV manufacturer being considered great or lousy. Rollin On will sell me my next RV as well - in about six years.

bob n pam
04-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Traveler's RV, Reno, NV
Warranty Service - Excellent even though we did not purchase unit there.

CountryGuy
04-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Lloyd Bridges, Chelsea Michigan

Sales, 9 close to 10

Service before they got their check: 6.5

service after they got their check: 2

PLEASE NOTE: we purchased almost 3 years ago. Have not been back, so, cannot report on current service. 3 years is a long time, it could be better, it could be worse.

Will we buy from them again, probably not. Will we have them service our rig, nope.

RC and Samantha
04-20-2006, 04:33 PM
A & S RV Center

Sales: 2 :(
in October of 2002

Sales: 10 :D
Currently (Our Salesman is no longer there.)

Warranty Service experience: 10 [^]

Customer Service Staff: 9 :)

Service Department Techs: 10 :D

Patty

Dustytuu
04-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Del Camino Longmont CO.
I will give them a 10. On doing warranty service. We didn't buy from them. They have been great to us. Also a 10 on getting work done quick, and a 10 in customer service. A 10 in knowledge and experience too.
:D:D

WildBigBill
04-25-2006, 07:20 AM
Meyers RV, Calidonia NY

Sales 10
Service 9

WildBigBill
04-25-2006, 07:21 AM
Calidonia is only service now!

hazmic
04-25-2006, 10:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

Ketelsen's RV in Hiawatha, IA. I'd rate them 10 on both sales and service.

Orv
i agree 200%

315RLS
04-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Campers Inn

Sales: 9 - (Bought in October of 2003. Thought they were good on pricing and did a good job adjusting to the stuff I wanted changed.)

Warranty Service experience: - (Couldn't say, never went back on warranty)

Customer Service Staff: 6

Service Department Techs: 6

gungho
04-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Gresham rv Portland or.
sales 7
service manager 5
servive department 3
keystone service 4

Montana_2913
04-26-2006, 04:07 AM
Suncoast RV Winter Garden FL
Sales 8
Service 0 -too many problems to list.

campbud
04-26-2006, 04:13 AM
Collier RV Ctr
7373 Harrison Ave
Rockford, IL 61112

Sales 10 They are not pushy, great to deal with and alot more willing to put more options in then other RV centers we visited.
12/26/06 Update on rating for purchase of our second Montana. Sales this time would be 8.5 Sales person could be on top of things better.

Warranty Service experience- 10 They made sure we did not have to make a return trip (about 2hours away from us) Used again on May 25, 2006 Owner looked into problem and tried to get us what we needed.

Customer Service 9 12/26/2006 I would give 9 again. :)

Service Department Techs: 10 Our tech that did our PDI with us was excellent..he even hooked up all our sound surround, tv, dvd...we have never had a problem with it! Told us we could call him anytime even on the road! Update 12/26/2006: Again 8.5 forgot some details.

Keystone Service: 9 we only used it one time and were very satisfied. Used again on May 25,2006 would have to rate them a 7 this time and it would be pending the outcome of problem.

welanagan
05-01-2006, 02:36 PM
RVConnections, Panama City, FL
Sales 10+
Have not had a need for service. The shop looks good.

padredw
05-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Pop in to say "AMEN" to RV Connections and greetings to Danny Fitch, native of Marshall, Texas, our salesman there.

rvfirefighter
05-03-2006, 03:46 PM
RV Connections, Panama City Florida
Dealers and Service do not come any better. They are there when you need them.
They are 10's across the board. They are why I am in a Montana today. Refer to my post in Problems and Repairs under "Loose Ceiling". This is just one problem they have fixed for me, but this could have been the worst and the factory said tough luck.

tennisdg
05-04-2006, 02:50 PM
i talked to bretz yesterday and talked to a service person about my kingdome that they installed in june of 05 they told me that the sealant that they use is only guaranteed for six months, they are out of misoula,montana, i give them a 0 for service, sales was really helpful i give them a 9

Kimmrg
05-05-2006, 03:48 AM
RV Connections
Sales: 9 in December of 2004, we changed our minds on the model we wanted in the middle of the sale and they barely flinched.
Warranty Service experience: 9 with several waranty items, we did have to go back twice to have the furnace fixed, but they stuck with us to figure it out and took one out of a model on the floor to fix it right there for us
Customer Service Staff: 9 especially as we purchased in FL and registered in home state of AK
Service Department Techs: 10 they are great!
Would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

Montana_1858
05-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Basden American Rv, Evansville,Indiana, Sales 10, Service 10. Great place, fixed all problems quickly, very nice people to deal with.

spinky
05-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Burnside RV----Houghton Lake, Michigan

Sales 10
Service 10
They have gone out of their way to do a good job on our warranty work and non warranty work. We would highly recommend them.

2Seekers
05-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Dandy RV - Birmingham, AL

Sales 10 - Sold me my unit new for less than amt I see others asking for their Montana used
Service 10

Camper City - Buford, GA

Sales 10 - They did not have the floor plan we wanted but were very nice and answered all our questions and were the first to make us aware price was very negotiable

texdeano
05-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Jack Sisemore Traveland in Amarillo,Tx.
Purchased new 3670RL last Nov. salesman and management were real good to deal with.Rate them a 10 on sales.
Had some minor problems and they took care of them with not problem at all.So rate service a 10 also.

raucnd
05-20-2006, 04:21 AM
COUCH'S CAMPERS, HAMILTON, OHIO
Purchased three trailers, the last being a 2005 3400 RL
Sales, I would rate a 10, having purchased the first 2 from someone who is nolonger an employee and purchased the last from owner's son, also a very decent person.
Management and owner rate "zilch"
warranty repair ----------"zero"
maintenace work-----------"zero"
customer service----------"zero"
Would only recommend dealing there if you wish to be abused and cussed out!

C. & D. Rau

dannyl
06-01-2006, 04:28 AM
Sherrard RV & KOA
Colbert, Oklahoma
www.sherrardrv.com
Located on HWY 75 north of Dallas, Sherman, Texas.

Bought mine there because of recommendation from friends.

Sales and Service are 8's. Never give a 10, they can always improve. Service has fixed everything and they are great to talk you through a situation.

DHenry
06-01-2006, 05:05 AM
Cousin Gary's
Redding, CA

Sales-10 (No Pressure)

Service-8 (Great tech's and Management)

borfaloo
06-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Bretz RV & Marine.
Missoula MT.

Sales 10 out of 10 ..treated really well. Made to feel special. Great price point.

PDI 2 out of 10 ..Hurried and misleading info.
Service: 0 out of 10. Booked in to have warranty work done on leaking shower, cabinet door replacement. When we arrived (120 miles from home)
They had no record of our appointment. Claimed to be unable to make time to fix the problem. Fixed in parking lot after I parked the rig directly in front of the entrance to the service bays and refused to move until the problems were corrected.

This outfit is a 'box mover' operation. Great sales but zero service.

rogersuemegan
06-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Burnsides Houghton Michigan
didn't buy our 2005 3400 but took it to them for warranty work and they were just great --- a big 10.
Bought it in Ocala FL at Tri-Aim and the salesman was very good but the service was not good. maybe a --- 3

Jim
06-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Blue Crick RV
Spokane WA., (Airway Heights)
Sales - 10
Service - 10
I would send anyone there. Will buy from them again. Scott was great and they couldn't do enough for us.

ldunning
06-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Orangewood RV
Surprise, AZ

Salesman - 7
Sales Manager - 1
Service - Can I use a negative number?

ldunning
06-16-2006, 10:15 AM
RV Traders
Mesa, AZ

Sales - No experience
Service - 10 - Took care of the problems that the dealer I purchased from couldn't or wouldn't.

Lije Baley
06-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Happy Daze
Sacramento, CA

Not a Montana dealer. They sell Keystone Challenger and Everest models.

Service - 10 - Without prior experience they dealt with me in replacing the remote thermostat with the superior Comfort Control Center under warranty. Both Keystone and Dometic made the replacement difficult, but it's done! If you're in the same boat, ask for James Britten in the service department.

http://montanaadministrator.forumco.com/topic.asp?whichpage=3&TOPIC_ID=15185#135173

A class operation.

Bruce Lenhardt
06-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Rollin-On RV
Scherervile, Indiana

Sales: 10 Great Price
Service: 10

spadasak
06-30-2006, 05:32 AM
Dealer:Meyers RV, Churchville, NY
Sales Rating: 0
Service Rating:5

Initial sales purchase setup over phone as dealer is 5 hours from my home. Trailer deal was fine and I love my 342pht Monty, but they didn't supply the hitch system I requested and paid for in advance and will not make good on the deal. Salesman indicated he gave me what I ordered, although I didn't feel it necessary at the time to document the phone conversation, not that it would of mattered. Although I must say the service department treated me well on my delivery and indicated they couldn't help me without the sales dept. paying for the new hitch. Lesson learned!!!

Montana_1240
06-30-2006, 02:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Kimmrg

RV Connections
Sales: 9 in December of 2004, we changed our minds on the model we wanted in the middle of the sale and they barely flinched.
Warranty Service experience: 9 with several waranty items, we did have to go back twice to have the furnace fixed, but they stuck with us to figure it out and took one out of a model on the floor to fix it right there for us
Customer Service Staff: 9 especially as we purchased in FL and registered in home state of AK
Service Department Techs: 10 they are great!
Would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

I'm in total agreement with my wife on this one.

I really like their parts shop guys, (10,) as well. They have included small items I need, (like screws, etc.,) when I need them, when they mail the occasional part our way. And they actually know me when I may need to make a call in for anything!

The service staff told me how to get to "Dan Dee's Donuts" in Panama City, [:p] because I have a habit of plying the service folks with donuts when they're working on my rig. (In Goshen, it was Dunkin' Donuts for the factory service people.) I don't believe the donuts caused the especially great service. But it sure didn't hurt. And I always love to have "insurance."

Steve

NASCARon
08-01-2006, 04:53 AM
Beckleys RV in Thurmont MD
Sales Experience 5 (they lied to me to make a sale)
Service Experience 10
Overall 7

God Bless
Ron, Tina & Sophie (The Mutt)
A Couple Saved by Grace
Full-timers starting June 2007

2001 Keystone Montana 3670RL
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LT, D/A, DRW, CC
Jordan 2020 Ultima, Reese 16K Kwik-Slide

simonsrf
08-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Tacoma RV in Tacoma WA
Sales Experience 10 (LaDonna is the owner) Best price found anywhere.
Delivered before delivery date, held 5R in their storage lot until I was ready to come pay for it and get it, (about 2 months)
Service is first rate: 10
Overall: 10

Robbie

patodonn
08-13-2006, 05:12 PM
American RV, Grand Rapids, MI Family owned and operated.

Sales - Not observed....service only.

Service ... 10

We are Full Timers...had a brake problems while towing. Chad (Service Mgr) got us an appointment on short notice. Got his most experienced tech on the job. Found some "suspect" wiring connections on the Dodge, and found no problems in the RV brakes themselves.

Did good work, got us in and out in a couple of hours and recommended no "extra" trouble shooting which would have cost us lots more money. Brakes worked fine after the Dodge repair. Towed 55 miles without problems that afternoon. Couldn't ask for better service.

PJ, Nan and Scooter
3655FL
'99 Dodge Diesel 2500, BD auto trans, pwr chip, Pac brake, Bielsen shocks, Banks Exhaust.
http://tinypic.com/fzch2a_th.jpg http://tinypic.com/hrkeg5.jpg http://tinypic.com/fzchfr_th.jpg

Bob and Sheri
08-14-2006, 03:17 AM
Southern RV, Richmond, VA
Sales= 10
Service= 10

We couldn't have been happier with the sales, service staff and owner. They have been helpful every time we've been there for anything!

2004 3575RL Country Blue
1994 Ford F350XLT turbo diesel 7.3 dually, 20k Hidden Hitch, Prodigy brake control, 5500 Onan
Hometown: Richmond, VA
e-mail BobandSheri@verizon.net

Okie Guy
08-14-2006, 06:06 AM
McClain’s RV Oklahoma City

Sales...6
Service 1
I can not reccomend them to anyone.

Native Tex
08-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Dandy RV, Birmingham, AL.

Sales = 10
Service = 10 Like most dealers they have a lot of business, so you have to allow for turn around time, but the quality of work is great.

Native Tex

O.V. & Kathy Bonner
Miss Ko-Ko (Chocolate Lab)
Huntsville, Al
'05, 3400RL
'05 F250 Ford King Ranch, CC, FX4/4x4, 6.0L PSD

"Freedom Isn't Free....Support Our Troops
http://tinypic.com/2b9jzq

Shane01638
08-14-2006, 01:05 PM
RV Connections in Panama City, Florida

Sales...0 They will talk to someone else or pick up a phone in the middle of a conversation with you. Also, are the 2006 Montana's in the 75,000 to 80,000 dollar range? That's what they had listed for nearly all of them, the Cambridges were even more, one was over 100,000 dollars.

Service...-10 They have the worst service department I've ever dreamed of. I was hoping for a little accomodation since we are living in our unit (Letting me drop it off for a week to have work done while we went on our cruise) and they didn't want anything to do with me, like they weren't made to live in. After I went back and told them I filed a complaint with Keystone they told me to get out and I wasn't allowed to get service there. They are the only dealership within 150 miles. That guy is the only guy I have ever wanted to jump accross the desk and beat the living crap out of in my whole life. I would stay as far away from them as humanly possible.

Anchorage, AK
2005 Montana 3295RK Loaded with custom floor plan!
2005 Silverado LT CC D/A LB Loaded
25K Air Ride Hitch by Air Ride Technologies
Prodigy Brake Controller

DHenry
09-30-2006, 04:36 AM
Reed's Trailer Sales
Petaluma, CA

Sales- 1, could not get them to respond to our requests.

Service- 0, They keep the unit to long and do not do the repairs that are requested. Communication skills are less than poor.

Parrothead
09-30-2006, 05:35 AM
We ditto Doug's rating on Reed's, Petaluma, CA.
Plus poor business practices.
Happy trails......................

bsmeaton
09-30-2006, 07:59 AM
Dee's RV Center

Sales: 5 :( October of 2003 Significantly better price than other places after negotiation. Good friendly sales until wrote the check. Not one follow up or courtesy call.

Warranty Service experience: 0 [xx(] No warranty item ever resolved - took days to get it looked at and minimal effort with poor workmanship. All items blamed on us. Ended up re-doing all myself.

Customer Service Staff: 0 [:o)] None found.

Service Department Techs: 0 :( Dangerous - brake controller fell off dash on way home leaving 60' skid mark from Monty. Dealer installed alloy wheel fell off on maiden voyage from over-torque.

All service now done at Del Camino RV, Longmont, CO - plus any future purchases.

LonnieB
09-30-2006, 08:53 AM
Jack Sisemore Traveland - Amarillo, Tx.

Sales - 10

Non Warranty Service - 10

Warranty Service - Unknown at this point.

The sales people were very helpfull but not pushy. The man we dealt with, poor guy, spent several hours showing us every trailer on the lot, some of them several times. He never acted like he was getting frustrated, and seemed to genuinely enjoy what he was doing.
The service manager, and techs were also very nice and went out of their way to get the hitch, and wiring done in a timely manner. When there were questions, they asked ME instead of making a judjement call. I have a couple of warranty items to get done next week. We'll see how well that goes.

Old GI
10-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Suncoast RV, Cocoa, Florida, sales 10, excellent, See Lou (LGM on the MOC).
Service, good so far, I had a problem when I first picked the unit up, (something keystone forgot), drove a few miles in a circle went back and they were out in a flash, kudo's to Chris in Service and Jeff in the body shop. I hope they continue.

noneck
10-24-2006, 02:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by spadasak

Dealer:Meyers RV, Churchville, NY
Sales Rating: 0
Service Rating:5

Initial sales purchase setup over phone as dealer is 5 hours from my home. Trailer deal was fine and I love my 342pht Monty, but they didn't supply the hitch system I requested and paid for in advance and will not make good on the deal. Salesman indicated he gave me what I ordered, although I didn't feel it necessary at the time to document the phone conversation, not that it would of mattered. Although I must say the service department treated me well on my delivery and indicated they couldn't help me without the sales dept. paying for the new hitch. Lesson learned!!!

Ditto on Sales = 0
Service offered to make a deal did not take them up on it as they are 5 hours away. My Monty was given a NYS inspection by them yet the brakes were not functioning (intermitten short) and there was a neutral wire short in A/C unit. Lucky for Mrs who fell in love with the unit, I am handy but will never go here again.

BigAl52
10-31-2006, 03:26 PM
DEL CAMINO RV LONGMONT COLO.

Sales was fine I would rate it about an 8

Service POOR had 1300.00 worth of belongins taken from my unit. Was never even contacted by the owner and the items have not been replaced. I would not reccommend this dealer to anyone.

Dustytuu
11-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Dee's in Colorado Springs installed our washer and dryer. They said to have it there at 8:30 in morning. They didn't get finished until almost 7Pm that night. They tracked mud in our new Monty and tried to clean it but didn't do that great a job.
We took it to a near campground after picking it up after installation. Tried the washer and dryer and water was running out of the bottom of the trailer. Checked that out and they didn't tighten the water hoses on washer!!! Would not recommend them for anything. The service manager offered to clean our carpet at another time but why should we drive 70 miles to get our carpet cleaned!!!
Rate their service a 3
Sales a 2
We looked there before buying from another Montana dealer in Texas. The sale staff was not helpful and tried to scam us on one we looked at and liked. It was a used Montana. They had a huge price on it. We ended buying our NEW monty at Jack Sisemore in Texas and gave less for the new Monty, than Dee's wanted for a used Monty!

And the sales man at Dee's had such bad breath we couldn't stand to sit in the office with him! It was BAD!!!

wa4bmg
11-13-2006, 12:15 PM
TriAm Rv, Ocala, Fl
Sales 10
Sales Mgmt 10, Owners 10
Service 9.5
Parts 10
Triam is a very ethical and honest dealership. We will continue to do business with them in the future. They may not always be the least expensive but you do get what you pay for. They have always made good on anything we requested to be fixed without making us feel it was our fault. They are a very strong Montana dealer.

gkbutler
11-16-2006, 06:31 AM
I know they have already been mentioned but Collier's RV in Rockford, IL.
Sales 10--Our service from start to finish was completly painless. No hassles from anyone. I was pleasantly surprised when I stopped in for warranty work this last summer that the salesman still remembered us. Even told me which unit I had purchased.

Service 10+ We had several minor manufacturing problems we discovered after delivery. The service manager and service writer were able to squeeze us in and got all of the problems fixed within two hours. We also had our Monty up there this last summer with some warranty issues (hole in the gray tank) Was in and out the same day.

Our latest experience with them was with the dog and the door. After not being able to get information from the manufacturer of the door, I sent an email to our service writer Lisa. She and the parts manager were able to get us the information to get a new door delivered to us. She has also checked with us via email from time to time to make sure that everything is going well. You can't beat customer service like that.

tom41
12-01-2006, 02:34 AM
Northgate RV Sales&Service, 3 locations, Ringgold Ga, Chattanooga tn., Alcoa Tn.
Bought my monty from them, used, 04, 2980RL, their sales people are very helpful, an no pressure , I just had my first non warranty work done, fridge hinge broke off door, Dometic would not warrant the part,even tho it has a 3 yr warranty (I'm 2nd owner) but Northgate RV in Alcoa tn, ordered the door and installed it at "NO Labor" cost to me!
sales= 10
service= 10

Tom Gina 06
12-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Sherrards RV & KOA, Colbert, OK

Sales = 10
Service = 1
Parts = 5

Had a great salesman Hank not there anymore. After working with him for 6 months he got everything ordered exactly as we wanted at a great price. [^]

Recieved the unit on a Tuesday made arrangements to pick up Thursday. Talked to service and they were not going to PDI it until Friday. Then when I did pick it up they did not want to install the Surge protector because they did not know where the main power ran into the unit. Tore the back end apart trying to install it there. After around half the service guys showed up they told me to just pick up an inline one. Helloooo I do not need a 260.00 surge protector walking off. Then after they finally called the factory they figured out what I told them in the first place. Jeshhhh [B)]

I feel bad for the owners family account the original owner passed away unexpectedly. They are trying to sell the place and the current GM doesn't want to be there it seems. Don't believe that they know what is happening to their investment. Warranty work I have had to take it to another dealer that doesn't even handle Montana's but other Keystones. Other major mistakes happened and as a result, just threw out the last key chain they gave us! [V]

skypilot
12-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Four Seasons RV, Abilene KS
Sales: 10 (Super staff)
Pricing: 8 (smaller area so not as much competition close by)
Warranty Service: 9 (Great service but a little slow getting things done -- recently expanded their shop and staff is being added!!)
Non-Warranty Service: 9 (Same as warranty -- staff is super -- just so overworked!!)
Parts / Store staff: 10 (If they don't have it, they know where to get it and price is always competitive).

crandallbradley
12-15-2006, 07:42 PM
East Bay RV.
4961 Pacheco Blvd.
Martinez Ca.

Sales-8 My sales person,Jeff Chaney
Nice man let me bug him for a year and a half.
Did not push me to buy.
I would buy from Jeff again

Service-10 Service manager,Frank
Frank bent over backwards so my unit was just what I wanted.
After 5 months my microwave went bad and Frank replaced it with no problem.
If I ask a question about how to fix something the answer is a good one.

rldriver
12-28-2006, 06:35 PM
We purchased our Monty through D&L RV in Wenatchee Washington and would rate sales, service and parts all a 9+:D. Great people, family owned, dad runs sales and his son the service department. There price was better than I could get from LaDonna in Tacoma.

Chuck and Carol
02-10-2007, 11:12 AM
We just got back from Alpin Haus in Amsterdam. One of the best experiences with sales people in a long, long time. Everyone, and I mean everyone from the receptionist to the men in the garage were very professional. We even got pizza.
Ended up with a deal close to what we wanted.:) A lot better than we could have gotten here in Syracuse. ***Edited for conversational content per guidelines, page 1.***
Thanks Steve Quill, our salesman, for being very patient with us. Please stop in and see them if your in the area. You won't be disappointed.

Carol

There's a camping world there too.

Briarglenn
02-11-2007, 05:50 AM
We totally agree with the comments submitted by rldriver relative to D & L Sales and Service of Wenatchee, WA. A good 9+ in both Sales & Service. We also agree with their comments in regards to Tacoma RV. We traveled almost 300 miles to finalize a deal and left 5 minutes after talking with Ladonna the owner. She couldn't find any record of talking with the wife the week before. She jumped the price and lowered the trade-in value on our '04. Drove to Wenatchee the next day and saved $10k +.

Old GI
02-11-2007, 06:59 AM
Suncoast RV, SR 520 Cocoa, Florida, 10+ service and body shop, new roof done by Jeff and it is perfect. It looks better than when it was delivered new.

rnap50
02-16-2007, 01:28 AM
Walnut Ridge Family RV New Castle In.
sales 10
service 9 is good on repair but doesn't call when done have to call them to check on it to fine out when it will be done.
parts 10

Gumby56
02-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Campers Inn Raynham MA

Sales 9
Service 8

Really nice team of people. Good prices and very flexible to customize the units.

HomeOnTheRoad
02-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Reposting the guidelines for the Dealer Ratings forum.

We, the MOC Administrative Staff, think that although a forum dedicated to posting one's experiences, both good and bad, with dealers would be beneficial to our Members, guidelines are necessary to keep each thread true to its subject. As such, we have formulated the following guidelines:

Best regards,

the MOC Administrator

chieflawdawg
03-20-2007, 05:38 AM
Terrell Family Camping Center in Terrell, NC.

Sales: 10, Major Russell is super. (thanks for your friendship)
Service: 10, always knowlegable, great to work with.

Have bought two campers from them and will use them again when the time comes.

chieflawdawg
03-20-2007, 05:43 AM
Carolina Coach and Camper in Hickory

Sales: 9 Good sales people, but they don't stay long

Service: 1 (deserves a 0, but I can't be that negative) had to threaten lawsuit for repairs on new camper. New camper spent 6 out of first 9 months (most of camping season) in shop. Slow and very uncaring. Bought Keystone Sprinter TT from them. Swore I would never own another Keystone but did buy a Montana from another dealer and love it and the dealer (see my other tread for Terrell).

Connorsmom
03-28-2007, 09:31 AM
A&S RV Center Auburn Hills, MI

Sales: 10 I purchased my Monty at the Rock Financial Showplace RV Show. The saleswoman, Tacey Wiber, approached me within a minute of my arrival to their area. She was extremely pleasant and knowledgable about the Montana. She has gone out of her way to ensure my satisfaction regarding the unit, and is always available to me when I call.

Service: 9 From what I've seen for the short amount of time I've been in the unit since picking it up after service, everything seems to be in order. But, I will hold total judgment for when I'm back in my Monty again, and making use of it. Ernie in service is a great guy, and he was very positive to deal with. The only down side was taking over 3 weeks to do the work. In his defense, I did tell him that I didn't need the unit right away. I've learned to never say that again...LOL

This family owned business has a very good reputation, which they strive to maintain. A great overall experience, and I would recommend them highly.

Jan

happy campers
04-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Burlington RV Superstore, Sturtevant, Wi.

This dealer built a brand new, state of the art facility conveniently located at the Racine Hwy 20 exit on I-94. Our salesman, Jeff K., stayed behind and is now selling Jaycos at the Burlington RV Outlet from their original location in Burlington. This operation is a "class act" in every way. We had some minor issues, and one recurring, annoying issue with a noisy water pump that took multiple trips in for warranty service until the problem was finally discovered and fixed. Keystone was involved, and some manufacturing changes were made as a result of Burlington RV's efforts. Jeff worked with us until we were sure of what we really wanted, then got us a deal we couldn't match elsewhere. I would highly recommend them for sales or service.

exav8tr
04-14-2007, 06:16 AM

rldriver
04-14-2007, 06:30 AM

Mrs. CountryGuy
04-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Crain RV, part of Crain Automotive Team, Jonesboro, Arkansas on Interstate 30, exit 130, Baseline Road.

Sales, have NO idea, seems they were Cap RV in a recent past life. We had no knowledge of sales.

Service/parts department: GREAT! give em a 10, the only RV dealer I called regarding entry door lock replacements (see post at http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21496 )that actually knew what they were doing.

Crain sell Jaycos and other products, but this Billy, Parts and service manager is a SURE FIRE TEN! Knows his job, his parts, polite, and very helpful.

We can highly recommend them for helping us while we were on the road. We asked them to save a part, got good directions into their establishment, part was waiting and price was VERY reasonable.

Thanks Crain, you were a RV angel the other day.

traveltunes
05-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Mid-America RV in Carthage, Missouri.
Sales: "6", not very good about returning phone calls when we had question's. Once they know they have the sell, they're done with ya. They did order us our unit just as we wanted it though.

Service: "0" Their service is terrible. They are a exclusive Keystone dealer too. Everything we have had done there was not done right. I will never take anything to them to get fixed again. (Never!)

gunner
05-31-2007, 07:04 AM
Beckley's Rv

Sales = 10
Service = 7

Great Prices and wonderful sales experience. :D Service dept doesn't seem to always get it right the FIRST time.:(

Mr. retired
06-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Mike Thompsom RV Colton, Ca

Sales 9
Service ( less than zero.) The worst service department I have ever done busniess with.

Mike

5ER
06-11-2007, 02:07 AM
I would recommend Burdette's camper west of Charleston,WV. Nice people and good service.

sailer
06-11-2007, 04:53 PM
we bought from Tri-am in Ocala,FL Rod Speed rate them a 9 1/2
service , we had very little there so no rate
service in Escanaba,MI at hilltop a 10 they took out the slide and put it back in rite
service in Ft Myers ,FL at north trail rv a 8 as our unit was there 3 months in the axel deal and had to get the tri-am involed so we got the axel then it was the wrong one so keystone replaced it at north trail , only 1 week this time rate a 8 john bonita springs ,fl and packer country "green bay"

patodonn
06-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Mike Thompson's in Fountain Valley. Fair is fair...good job this time at Fountain Valley.

I'm convinced that M T's Service depends on the luck of the draw, and which location. In Nov '03, we had a truly abysmal experience with their service dept in Colton. I swore "never again".

Time and circumstance required me to relent on that decision last week for some warranty work at Fountain Valley. They did what they said they would do, correctly (far as I can tell) in reasonable time and at the cost quoted. Actually, a bit less than quoted.

The Service Rep, Ricky Lacy, went above and beyond in getting one of those generally worthless "extended warranty" Companies to step up to the plate, at least a little bit. Good help from Keystone Team Montana om another issue as well. We are WAY out of Keystone warranty, and they stepped up. He also helped with some minor trouble-shooting which solved one of the problems right away and saved a little of the quoted costs.

Their shop rates are sky-high, but, for some things, I would use Fountain Valley location again...don't think I would risk the Colton location..

Frankenstien
07-10-2007, 04:05 PM
2 Different RV Places:

White River RV Buckley WA

Sales Service and attitude.... all 10's
Great Family Run shop

South Hill RV Puyallup WA

Sales and Service Both 10's... have not dealt with them as long as I have white river... so N/A on the Attitude...

jhamlin164
07-10-2007, 05:21 PM
RV Connections- Panama City FL

Gotta give love to the guys and gals at RV Connections!

Sales: 10

We bought in FL and currently reside in CA (military) and their great customer service followed us out here! When we needed them, they were there![8D] Those guys in the service department have raised the bar; they have become the Gold Standard by which we will evaluate all others!:D

Capt Kidd
07-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Cousin Gary's Redding, CA

Sales 10 - Very good no pressure and delivered the 5er to my home 75 miles away for free.

Servic 5 - Have to differ with Doug on this one. Went in to have a trailer hitch installed on the 5er for carrying bikes, did a good job but took a long long time doing it. I had called a week ahead of time to arrange this as I live 90 minutes away and when I arrived they had not even picked up the parts needed. Also wanted my overhead fan looked at as it moved no air. They told me this was just the way they worked NOT!! one of the blades was a different pitch than the other 3. They are ordering me a new set of blades. We'll see when they arrive if it solves the problem. On the other warranty issue they did fix the one window that didn't shut well. I will not use them for service if I can avoid it.

Ozz
07-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Naylor or Lifestyles Rv, Greater Kansas City Missouri area, sales; 10
Service a big fat 0.
Ozz

The Oldguard
07-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Tacoma RV In Tacoma Washington 10, Service 10+!!!!!!!!!!![:p][:p][:p]

Bowie
07-12-2007, 11:21 AM
MEYERS RV--SYRACUSE, NY for purchase of 2004 2980
Sales-0
Service-0

The only reason we bought from them was that they were the only option for us at the time. During the PDI they left the black tank valve open, with unspeakable results. Things did not get better.

Bowie
07-12-2007, 11:28 AM
LAKESHORE RV--MUSKEGON MI for purchase of 2007 3400RL

Sales-10
Service-10

John Sobczak knew his product and did everything possible to assure that we were well informed and the sale went smoothly. The PDI was super and all issues were dealt with immediately, including a major problem with hitch exchange which entailed some really creative thinking. A missing freezer shelf was overnighted to us and arrived home before we did.

Andy
07-22-2007, 04:12 AM
Ditto what Chuck & Carol said about Alpin Haus in Amsterdam, NY. We’ve purchased our 2nd unit from them, our sales experience (Clint Woodman) has been a 10 each time & service has been an 8. However, I’m expecting that to improve.

HomeOnTheRoad
07-22-2007, 05:28 AM
Everyone has done a good job of keeping this thread on track. Below is a reposting of the rules for this thread. Thank you for doing a good job of following the rules.

We, the MOC Administrative Staff, think that although a forum dedicated to posting one's experiences, both good and bad, with dealers would be beneficial to our Members, guidelines are necessary to keep each thread true to its subject. As such, we have formulated the following guidelines:

Best regards,

the MOC Administrator

Buz
08-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Master's RV. Home dealership is in Greenwood, SC with a satellite dealership in Spartanburg, SC.

After two years of researching, I went to the Spartanburg facility with model and options list in hand. Salesman tried to talk me into a Jayco because in his opinion they were superior. This should have been a flag. I ordered a new 3400RL and it came in exactly as ordered. PDI was mediocre. After 83 days and countless phone calls, I finally just donated the hundred bucks they charged me for title/tag transfer/doc fees and went to the DMV and paid the fees, did the paperwork and got my new Montana road legal.

The first time I needed some warranty service, I had to make the 90 mile trip to Greenwood facility because the Spartanburg shop was temporairly closed due to no technician. They kept my unit for 4 weeks. Out of 5 items to be repaired, not even one item was corrected.

Needless to say, I couldn't in good faith give this organization any more than a 1.

mtpocket2
08-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Freedom RV in Wentzville, MO
After purchasing a TT 31RLD in late 2007 we decided this camping stuff is fun:). We also decided to upgrade to a 3400RL. After going back to Freedom we were unable to come to an agreement on price. We also felt the salesman was rude. So we went to another dealer (two hours away)who took our offer. About three weeks later we noticed a small water leak from the window over the desk. Called Freedom and asked for an appointment and was told they will not work on Montana trailers purchased elsewhere warranty or not. In the past their service was always pretty good but now I would give them a service 0. Keystone gave us the name of another Keystone dealer close by and they were happy to work on it for us. We take it in next week so we will see how their service is and post accordingly. Unfourtunely they do not sell Montana models.

Bottom Line
Sales 0
service 0

exav8tr
08-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Foleys RV, Burlington, WA, Co-located with a Camping World.

Sales - 2, Salesman was reluctant to show us a Big Sky once he found out we had a 3400RL in his service shop.

Service-Big Fat 0, They failed to order a 50 amp power cord and a day night shade back on 26 Jun, AFTER telling me the parts had been ordered. When I checked on the parts they were not ordered. Manager, Jim Fine, said it was their policy not to order replacement parts under warranty, unless they had the defective parts in their shop first. This was not what I was told by the service department on 26 Jun. He wanted me to send the cord and shade to him and he would then order the replacement parts. When I explained that I needed the power cord plugged into my unit (fulltiing) he said that was his policy and suggested I call Keystone. I did this and Keystone agreed to send me the parts. I will not use them (Foleys) for anything again....

rldriver
08-17-2007, 04:49 AM
D&L RV in Wenatchee Washington.
Sales: 10

We purchased a 2980rl and a Big Sky from them and got the price we wanted and it was a pleasure negotiating with them.

We had some warranty items on both rigs and because we needed it done in a hurry they cleared time for us and got it in and out in 2 days, that included repair of a bow in the large slide. They went beyond a simple repair and added additional stiffening to prevent the problem from recurring in the future.

Treated like a customer that they want to see again:D:D:D

BB_TX
08-22-2007, 02:38 AM
Fun Time RV in Cleburne, TX.
Sales great, 10. Had read some posts in other sites about some of their salsmen being a turnoff. But our salesman (Robert Roe) was great. He kept us informed via e-mail over about 3 months of what they had in stock as we were looking at several different brands/models. And was always very attentive when we would visit to view different models. Would highly recommend him.
PDI 7. Everything went well. I just did not feel the person doing the PDI was all that experienced in what he was doing.
Service 9. Limited service exposure so far. One warranty item. Took them several days to call me back. But when they did, they scheduled me in right away and completed the repair very quickly. Very friendly staff.

ole dude
08-22-2007, 03:38 AM
R V Station in Nacogdoches, Texas--Delt with Richard. Goter done when he said and how he said. I showed up with a 7 page list of items to look at during predelivery. Put my list up, they had a better one. Have not needed any service as of yet, but I recon the service will be just as good. I have had a couple of off the wall questions for them and they got the answers quickley.

padredw
08-22-2007, 03:56 AM
Just a word of appreciation to Danny Fitch at RV Connection in Panama City, Florida. We have always been shown great courtesy and real friendship. He had a great Montana to show us on our last visit. It was only the size that prevented our decision to buy. We have nothing but good will toward Danny and the dealership and will keep our options open for the future.

medic519
08-22-2007, 06:54 AM
Larry's Trailer Sales
Zeigler, Illinois

Sales 6

Service 0.

Had warranty work done on a leaky grey tank. Did not fix the problem-then told me Keystone told them that they would not warranty the tank. I contacted Keystone myself and had no issues. Keystone stepped up and installed a new tank. Thank you Keystone!

garyka
10-04-2007, 02:43 AM
Meyers RV
Hamburg,NY
Sales- Don't know can't compare to anyone,my first purchase 2005
Service- I season camp in the area part of the year.The service man that comes to the camper is great(10).Had some work done at the dealer Not great (5)I will not return to this dealer on next purchace.Good service is too important to me

steves
10-04-2007, 03:53 AM
Pocono RV - Wind Gap, Pa.
Sales 10 - Good pricing.
Service 10 - They stand behind their work and will do warranty work regardless of where you bought the unit.
They proved display units for the 2007 NE Rally.

Roadster31
10-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Myers RV (CW) Churchville, NY

Sales 6 Helpful until they get your $$s It took 2 three hour trips to see the coach we purchased after we were told it was there both times.

Service ZERO They have NEVER returned a phone call! They serviced a brake problem and it was worse than before they worked on it.

Warrantee work was finally done by Bath RV Bath NY
their service was 10++

Bradln
10-22-2007, 05:29 PM
RV Central of Sheldon, Iowa.
They would get a 10 for Sales support:D. They knew what we wanted and helped us to achieve our dreams.
The Service Center is also a 10. They may take a few days to get to it[V]. But if they say Tuesday, you can drive up on Tuesday, because it will be done.

mtheo
10-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Paul Evertts RV, Fresno, CA

Sales 9, Darrel was very helpful,
Service 1, Came in to have 4 small items fixed and back to pick up the trailer ended up fixing them all myself. The repairs they did make were half way done.

Mark

jewelhound
11-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Fun Time RV in Cleburne, TX.
Sales 10. As mentioned earlier Robert Roe was great. We had an issue with the unit we had planned to buy and Robert worked with us until we were very satisfied. We would also highly recommend him and would buy from him again.
PDI 6. Again I agree with the previous comment that the person doing the PDI was not as experienced at I would expect.
We have not had any service required as yet.

Waynem
11-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Holiday World of Houston
Gulf Freeway (I-45S) at Calder Road
713-943-1331
Sales 10
Service 10
Parts 10
PDI Technicians 10 (11 really)

Going into any place without attitude will be helpful!

Semper Fi!

Wiarton William
02-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Camping in Style....Whitby Ontario...Mke Leger is the service Manager...Not only did I get a great deal on my unit...the after sale business was great...I would give them an 8 on the dealings I have had so far...service and service times I will report on at a later time.. Well I have had some problems with my unit...I will up my dealer rating to a 10...they are good folks and take care of their clientelle..

rogersuemegan
02-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Burnsides at Houghton Lake MI
Had a brake problem as we left home in a Blizzard, drove in 4 wheel drive and called them from the road, they said you can't drive all the way to FL like that, I will tell the service dept you are on your way. We rolled in and a service man met us in the lot, had us un-hook, and started on our unit. Found we needed a new break unit, ask which one we wanted, I told him the best you have, he went to work and put it in the truck, when he hooked us back up found that was not the problem, it turned out to be a broken wire under the truck box, well... he too out the break unit put our old one back in and fixed the broken wire, all for $72.00!!! This man laid in the snow in a blizzard and was so cold he could hardly talk, and worked on our truck for 3 hours, couldn't have been nicer and we were on our way. Burnsides could have sold us the new break unit and fixed the wire and we would have never known the difference. The are just great and we give them a big 10+++

Bob & Lee
04-01-2008, 05:00 AM
SUN CITY RV, COLORADO SPRINGS CO. Rate 10 in Service. After dealing with DEE'S RV in Colorado Springs CO I went to Naylor in KCMO and rate Sales and Service a 10. now I needed warranty service in Colorado Springs. Called Team Montana about my counter top, they said I had to go to a Keystone dealer they said Dee's I told them I didnt want to go there and told me I could go to SUN CITY they were a dealer. I went to the dealer and talked to the owner (family owned) and he said he was not a Montana dealer, I told him the story and reason and he said SURE I WILL repace your counter top we talked about us living in the RV he said fine Email me photos of the counter top and I will contact Montana, in a few days a call it was OK'd to replace when it arrived he called and was so helpful took to the shop early in the AM and had it finished by 5PM his tecs were so frendly we talked for some time and signed the ticket and off we went. they are going to get my business from now on.

Bob

rames14
04-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Burlington RV Superstore - Burlington, Wisconsin
Service - 0
Sales - Unknown
Moved to the area last year and needed service. Called them and they said they needed to decide whether they would let me get service there on my Montana. I told them not to bother. Had a few emails back and forth with their President. He states that he has too many customers to service people off the street. With the current economy, care to bet that by next year he's singing a different tune?

bkirk
04-05-2008, 02:09 AM
I recently ordered and picked up my 3465SA from Couch's Campers in Middletown, Ohio. I will start by saying they have GREAT staff. The owner, Jerry, is very hands on and goes beyond being helpful and down to earth. The sales staff was great, mine was Brannon, and all have returned or answered all of my telephone calls. I have not had to take the trailer back for service yet (Brand new and hope I won't need service this soon)but if the service I have received thus far is any indication, I will never have problem with this dealership. I am customer service oriented and demand it when I spend my money !! Thanks Couch's and I highly recommend you to those I come in contact with !!

tstewart
04-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Reines RV in Manassas, VA.
Sales = 8
Service = 9
Bought my 07 3600RE from them. I had a quirky brake issue that required serveral trips to figure out, all done under warranty. They eventually figured out that the "magnets" weren't working as they should have been causing the drag in shoes occasionally heating them up. They were pretty responsive to my service calls as sometimes the brakes would heat up and sometimes they wouldn't. Additionally one of their service techs gave me his cell phone number and had me reassured that my brakes were working by putting a volt meter on the brake wire within the axle right before I was going on a trip. I'm satisfied very much with their service.

druryg
04-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Camper City, Buford,GA.

10 sales and post sales....

Hope not to require service but expect good things...

Icehouse
04-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Simmons RV, Anchorage, AK

Sales: 8

Service: 9 Simmons installed every extra we purchased to our requirement and our rig was ready and delivered on the date promised.

I would gladly purchase another rig from Simmons RV, and I won't hesitate to take this rig in for needed service.

exav8tr
04-26-2008, 06:08 PM
When I bought my 3400 from Simmons, they agreed to store it for the winter, great!!! When I went to pick it up in May the following year, they said it was ready to go. I went to pick it up and was unsure of the operation of the awning so I had them demo it for me. While it was out, I noticed a tear in it. The service mgr said "I guess someone scraped it against the garage bay when they brought it in to clean it". I asked if they had another one on order and why they called me to pick it up this way. He said "They would put one on order and didn't know what happened to it". File this in the "for what it's worth department". They did put one on rush order and had it in a week and replaced mine. I just wonder what would of happened if I had taken the unit, THEN noticed the tear while I was camping......... Other than that, no complaints with Simmons RV........

campbud
05-08-2008, 05:26 AM
Quick Search

Stock No

Type
New & Used New Only Used Only
Class
Any Class Class A Class B Class C Fifth Wheel Folding Camper Travel Trailer Class A Diesel Other Vehicle
Manufacturer
Any Manufacturer Bayliner Chevrolet Coachmen Crossroads Damon Dodge Fleetwood Ford Forest River Georgie Boy Gulf Stream Holiday Rambler Itasca Jayco K-Z Keystone National Newmar Odessa Palomino Pilgrim Intl R-Vision Rockwood Skyline Southwind Starcraft Sunnybrook Thor Toyota Weekend Warrior Winnebago

Brand

Collier RV Super Center
7373 Harrison Ave.
Rockford, IL 61112

Service - negative zero (there is no rating a business as this...it should not be in business!)
They treat you good when you purchase your rv...it is afterwards that they do not perform the service work as it should be. First couple of times you dismiss it but time and time again is to much.
Hsd a new microwave installed under warranty- Collier broke it installing it but failed to tell us! :(
Then when the hydraulic hose failed (defective) it was a nighmare just trying to get the hose! Had to call Keystone and even Mike at Keystone said, and I qoute, "I do not know what Collier's problem is!" He then in turn gave me a number to Master Tech.
So we will not do business with Collier Rv now or in the future any extended warranty work will be done at a dealer who knows what they are doing. :)

NASCARon
05-25-2008, 02:13 AM
UPDATED RATING
Beckleys RV Center in Maryland
Overall Sales Experience 4
Service 4
Gave them another chance. This was worse than the last. They evidently don't like returning customers. Will not deal with them again.

cucalene
05-27-2008, 05:32 PM
We bought our Monty at Mike Thompson's in Colton California. The sale dept was good 7 out of 10. But the service dept. is the worse experience I have encountered. I had them install my hitch and electric plug in my P/U bed and they used Scotch-Lock connectors for the wiring. I have lost my trailer lights and brakes at different times. I ended up rewiring the plug myself. They never repaired any of the items I needed, plus they always have excuses why the parts they ordered never came in. If you know anyone who wants to buy there please warn them.

steves
06-14-2008, 01:51 AM
Pocono RV - Wind Gap, PA
I would rate this dealership very high - they are a 10 (both service and sales) in my book.
They supported our 2007 NE rally with displays of new units as well as sponsoring a breakfast.
They serviced my 2005 Montana even though I bought it in Indiana and worked with me through some warranty issues.
Their pricing is excellent - I just ordered a 2009 BS from them. They are fair, honest and stand-behind their work.
Contact Don for sales or Rich for service at 610-863-5239

Bill-N-Donna
06-14-2008, 03:38 AM
Beckley's RV

That was my first time there while at the NE rally. They certainly were very nice to us. I was impressed at their store and was glad to find some things we needed.

exav8tr
08-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Rick's RV in Joliet, IL. I broke the handle for my black tank dump valve at the fitting. Went to Rick's for a repacement. The only ones they had were 7 inches and 24 inches, just my luck I thought, one too small and one way too big. They took my old one and retapped the end and cleaned it up and it fit fine. "No charge, just tell folks about us!!!!" Done deal!!!!

scattershot
08-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Beaudry RV , Tucson, AZ

Sales 8+ The salesperson was friendly and helpful, good followup after the sale, good pre delivery inspection. A little put off by the "used car" sales tactics, though. (We'll need to hold your driver's license to show that you are sincere in your offer." I told them I didn't play that game, and if they wanted my business, they shouldn't either. I left my final offer, and told them I was leaving in the morning, and they could accept it or not. They came by next morning, and we wrote the deal. I would have preferred a little more straightforward transaction,but overall the experience wasn't too bad.

Service 0 Called ahead and scheduled an appointment to replace the hydraulic slide motor under warranty, so they would have time to order the part from Lippert. The check in procedure was very confusing, and although they had a record of my appointment, they didn't have the part, and the service writer was the most rude, arrogant, condescending jerk I have ever dealt with in my life. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

scattershot
08-16-2008, 08:41 AM
Tarpley RV, Durango, CO

Sales- no experience

Service- 10 Went in for the recall service on the Dometic refrigerator in my 2006 2955RL. Went right in at the scheduled time, out at the promised time, with friendly helpful folks all the way. Limited experience, I know, but if the service I received there is indicative, they run a first class operation.

timandsusan
08-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Tex All Marine and RV in San Antonio, Texas.

Sales: 9 Bought my 3475RL in 2006 at a good price and it came in on time!

Service: 10 Great service manager and staff. Both warranty work and non-warranty work is done correctly, on-time and at the stated cost. If they need more time to get parts, they will tell you up front not after they have you in the door!

priceml
08-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Paul Evertts Fresno,California
sales & service 0
sold me a warranty that when I needed it it wasen't there

Andy
08-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Alpin Haus, Amsterdam, NY

Sales – 10
Service - 8

2nd unit, great both times.

mtpocket2
08-28-2008, 12:33 PM
3R RV Service
Union, MO
This is not a RV dealer. They are a service only facility. They tell me they honor most extended warranties. I had a problem with my refrigerator. They looked at it the next day. Said it needed a cooling unit. Part would be here in a week. Part arrived and they put it in on the next day. They kept every promise. They are located one mile south of highway 44 on highway 47 in Union, MO. Very happy with the service I received. http://3rrv.com/

timandsusan
09-16-2008, 07:51 AM
Sisemore Traveland in Amarillo, Texas.

Service Only: 0 Poor quality of work, staff not familiar with Montanas even though they are the Montana dealer in Amarillo.

grampachet
09-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Foley's Camping World RV in Burlington Washington. I have given them 9's until last week. Warranty work on rear window above sink. The window was sticking and hard to open/close. It looks like they used pliers to bend the sides of window frame to allow window to move freely. Bend, bend, bend scratch scratch. Very unprofessional work on a brand new 3000 RK. Concerned about having them replace window unit.

One month later...........................window leaking now.
I called this morning to be sure parts were in and was reassured they were in. So I drove down and guess what, part of the parts were there. They installed a new landing jack motor and when I went to hitch up when I hit the extend button the trailer went down. They installed it back wards! The service manager came out and rewired it.
Now I get to wait another few weeks for a new window to be shipped in as the one they damaged leaks. Each trip is about 80 miles round trip and no offer has been made to compensate me for the fuel.

It seems like each time I go for warranty work I place them lower on the scale. Sorry for the negative comments but facts are facts.

As of November 08 all has been repaired and am OK with completed work. The new sewer works great and doesnt open on its own anymore.

Old GI
10-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Indian River RV in Sebastian did the recall on my Dometic fridge. They are excellent! Fast courteous and they did a great job, took about 30 minutes and we were out of there. They are just off US1 East Side on Central Ave. in Sebastian, Florida.

Waynem
11-13-2008, 12:26 PM
3255 E Irvington Rd
Tucson, AZ 85714
(520) 745-4900

They are right across the street from Beaudry's and work on coaches and 5er's. I stopped in for 3 technical questions about my SOB. The service writer/person introduced me to the technician and they spent at least 30 minutes talking with me about my technical issues. Very detailed and understandable. A really customer oriented business.

Customer service came up during the conversation and it was stated that the owners are very customer service oriented. I had been standing around waiting to talk to the Tech and several customers floated through the cashier - all appeared to be pleased with the service.

The technician I spoke with was very knowledgeable about my SOB.

If in Tucson and need work done, it may be the place to go.

Oh! And you can stand in the shop and watch them work on your rig if you so desire, so they said.

iowaone
12-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Thompson's RV in Davenport Iowa gets a 10 from me. I took it in for some significant repairs a couple of weeks ago and picked it up today. New awning and fiberglass damage. Big Oops! Great repairs right when they said it would be done. I could never tell it had been damaged. They also repaired a former camper a few years ago with hole in the fiberglass side. Perfect that time too. They also did a number of warranty repairs. They completed them all the first time. New light in front, stripped landing gear, and replaced the 30 amp breaker with a 40 amp., fresh tank sensor was not working right so the opened up belly and found a loose/broken connection and adjusted closet door so it was square and closed better. They are very friendly professional. I bought the unit there in June after ordering it. Great price on their first and final offer. I highly recommend them.

snfexpress
12-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Leisure Time RV in OKC - 10/10

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32062

berridge
12-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Camping in Style in Brooklin Ontario Canada has provided me with excellent service on a number of warranty issues. We have purchased two Montanas from them. This week we have had our Sylvania microwave replaced here in Texas. Even though the dealer is closed for Christmas week,Gail the service person, has conrinued to monitor her emails and has done all the arranging with Keystone for the shipment and return of the ovens from het home. Keystone has cooperated as well getting the new oven shipped out in four days.

HomeOnTheRoad
12-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Everyone has done a good job of keeping this thread on track. Below is a periodic reposting of the rules for this thread. Thank you for doing a good job of following the rules.

Best regards,

the MOC Administrator

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
12-25-2008, 04:42 PM
UPDATE, January 31: Bish's RV in Idaho Falls, Idaho
Our Montana is still in Bish's service department, and the repairs are not finished. We've been given the runaround over and over--"Keystone hasn't shipped the parts," (it had) "Keystone won't cover this under the warranty," (it did), "I'll call you . . . . " (Bish's didn't). For details, read my thread under the forum topic Hey, Keystone, what I'd like to say if . . .

Sales 10+. Very courteous, informed staff who will spend hours with you going over every unit on their huge lot. Even better, they will leave you alone, if you like, to spend all the time you want in those rigs--no salesman hovering over you, yammering away. That was great. NOTE: What difference does it make if the sales department is good, but the service department is lousy?

Service: Initially a 10, but now it's a 5 and rapidly dropping It dropped to 0 in mid-January and is now BELOW 0. We took our Monty in at the end of July for some warranty work. Today, December 25th, JANUARY 31st, it's still there. (Good thing we didn't have any trips planned in the last 6 months.) First, we never had any calls from the dealer; we had to call repeatedly to find out what the status was on our rig. More than once, we were told that no record could be found of our rig being scheduled for service--no record of our bringing it in, nothing. I finally asked if my Montana had been stolen; what else was I to think? Generally, a call or two on my part to the manager or someone else got that cleared up, but it's disconcerting to hear "Are you sure it's here? We can't find any record of it."

Then we were told that Keystone had refused to honor the warranty service on one item. So, I called Keystone directly and asked why. Keystone did indeed have records of Bish's submitting the item--in SEPTEMBER, nearly 3 months after we'd taken our rig to Bish's. Our warranty expired in mid-August. We had the rig in well in advance of the expiration date, but Bish's apparently didn't get the paperwork done for warranty service until September. The nice Keystone rep agreed the problem wasn't our fault and yes, Keystone would honor the warranty.

I've called repeatedly since the end of September to see if our rig was ready yet. The service department has never called us except to return one of our calls. The last time I talked to someone at the dealership, I was told that they were "waiting on Keystone to ship a new kitchen countertop/sink unit." That was over 2 months ago.

Part of the problem is that up here, camping ends in September, for the most part, and doesn't resume until mid-April or May. So, no one is in a big rush to do much with RV-related activities. Another part of the problem is that Bish's service department has undergone several changes in managership, so we were told, and we keep getting lost in the changes. The final part of the problem is that our salesman, whom we really, really like, apparently doesn't work during the winters. That's a common thing at a lot of RV dealerships up here because sales are so slow between September and May. Without our salesman there, we have no "personal contact person" to help us.

Bottom line: If our RV has all the work done and done well, we'll live with the delay. But if we continue to get the runaround, we'll rethink our position. We have liked dealing with Bish's--liked it a lot--but we think Bish's should be calling us with updates, not us calling them to see what was happening with our Montana.
Wayne & Carolyn

kilch123
02-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Beckley's Camping Center
Thurmont, MD

Sales - 10 - everyone was great, and price/options were exactly as ordered
Parts Store - 10 - great inventory, and knowlegable personnel
Service - no rating yet

azleflyer
06-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Johnny's RV Discount Center - Theodore, Alabama "Home of the Sweet Deal!"
Sales-10
Service-10

8e3k0
06-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Sterling Trailer Ltd.
Dunmore, AB

Sales-----10
Service---10
Parts-----10
Excellent follow up with all concerns. Ellis

ols1932
06-02-2009, 03:40 AM
Mid America RV
Carthage, MO
While I didn't purchase a rig there, their service and parts department rate a 10. Friendly and courteous people, knowledgeable technicians.

Orv

KathyandDave
06-12-2009, 05:46 AM
Camping In Style, Brooklin, Ontario, about an hour northeast of Toronto.
Sales: 9 Crystal handled our sale - effective, gung-ho. CIS was willing to talk turkey and make the sale fit our needs.
Warranty Service: 9 very supportive. Gail the manager has made it pretty painless and Ryan the tech spent several hours in the CG one evening, away from his family, to get our electrical system back online.
Service: 9 ditto. Gail and Serge shuffled the appointment schedule to get our work done in time for an unexpected trip. Another tech opened the hood of the TV to show me that the Bargman wiring was not connected and how to do it. Above and beyond. All this while they have endured moving to a new building on the CIS property.
Their secret weapon is Lionel. He moves trailers around the lot and does PDI and demonstration. There is more to this man than meets the eye...

Tom S.
06-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Kitsmiller RV in Mason Michigan
Sales: 10 We dealt with John and Gwen
Parts: 10 If they don't have it, you didn't need it anyway!
Service: Warranty: 10 Off Warranty: 10

helmick
06-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Mike Thompson, Fountain Valley, Ca.
Sales-----------------------5
Sales Manager---------------0
Service---------------------0

tennisdg
06-13-2009, 01:48 PM
BRETZ RV IN MISSOULA MONTANA SALES 10
SERVICE 0

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
07-13-2009, 05:15 AM
Bish's RV, Idaho Falls, Idaho (UPDATE 7/13/09)

Sales, 10 (but our salesman is no longer there, so?)
Service, 1 (wouldn't be that high except that Keystone finally intervened and got some action for us)

We picked up our "finally fixed" rig on the way to the 7 Feathers rally last month. The sofa drawer was not only NOT fixed, but was in worse shape than ever. The drawer rails had been remounted, but they are uneven and about 2 inches too close to the front of the sofa. The drawer hangs crookedly and will not go in under the sofa; about 2" of it sticks out, hitting you in the calves as you sit on the sofa.

Closet rail damaged somewhere, somehow while unit was at Bish's. Now the left closet door won't shut. The clip was broken, too.

Kitchen faucet was obviously worked on, but it still doesn't work correctly. A gasket and spring were left out when it was reassembled, and the black gasket it sits on is hanging out and curling up the right side of the fixture. Sloppy, sloppy work.

Our fully functional, working properly OEM TV/DVD player disappeared and were replaced by what Charles Wade, a Keystone rep who saaw the setup at the rally, says is a Jayco unit: a Sanyo set that doesn't fit the TV opening and a no-name, tiny, crappy little DVD player. The remote? A generic Walmart remote that cannot be programmed to work either the set or the DVD player. (Bish's also sells Jayco trailers . . . hmmmmmm . . . )

There's more, but that gives you the idea. Bish's has a lovely facility and some very nice people working there. But there's a big disconnect between what one is told and what actually happens.
The Mathews

db_engineer
07-13-2009, 08:07 AM
RV Outlet USA
Ringgold (Danville) VA

Sales - 10 - Outstanding no pressure experience, very knowledgeable. Could not beat price (CW wanted 20%+ more $$$)
Service - Not used -- NO issues in 5 months of ownership, indicates very good PDI.

washley1
07-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Lazy Days RV, Tampa Florida. Bought our Big Sky there in November, and got a heck of great deal. Very helpful folks in all areas.A 10+ for sales (Jon Smith). So far the VAST amount of warranty work, (and it has been VAST!) has gone quickly, and the non-warranty work as well. I'd give them a solid 9 in maintenance.

Montyman
09-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Leach Camper Sales in Lincoln, NE. needs to be mentioned for their service. We had our Monty in for a couple of small warrenty items including a foggy dual pane window that had lost it's seal. Since we were on a tight schedule they had us in the shop and all items except the window repaired under warrenty in one day. The window had to be ordered so Leach called the dealer in our home town and had them order the window for us to be installed after we got home. They went "the extra mile" for us and I will reccomend them to anyone needing service or a new 5er.

Montyman

Countryfolks
09-02-2009, 11:23 AM
If anyone ever needs service in Arkansas, Outdoor Living Center in Russellville [on Interstate 40] is the place to go. We've purchased 4 rigs from them over the years. They have always come through for us, whether it's warranty work, servicing or whatever. They also have an older park a couple of miles away which makes it convenient. They do SOB's also.

Hambone
11-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Rv Medic in Tampa, Fla. on Busch Blvd between I-275 and Busch Gardens. Johnny and his wife are excellent people and they have provided great service on several of my rv's over the past 20 years.

jackel1959
12-01-2009, 04:50 PM
JR's RV Repair & Rebuild Full Service RV Shop in Sedro Woolley, WA. They are not a dealer but they have an excellent service department and staff. Kind, courteous and knowledgeable. I had my Wet-Bolt kit installed there today and would definitely give them a 10+;)
Jack

nghelwer
12-01-2009, 10:52 PM
General RV, Birch Run MI

Sales 10% to the positive

Had some service done 10% to the positive

Will go there again

grizmt
12-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Gardners RV Kalispell
minus 1 on Sales
minus 10 on Service
Will NOT to warranty work unless you bought it from them. Management is Rude,pushy and just doesn't care.

RV Traders, Mesa AZ
+++++10 for service. They are about the best shop I've stepped into yet and I've been to about 7 since buying this rig.

AirForce75
02-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Cullum & Maxey, Nashville TN

10 on Service and 10 on Sales. Was our first experience in purchasing a 5th wheel, very experienced and helpful staff. Sevice dept went above and beyond for us. I was especially impressed because we bought a used unit and they made repairs past their stated warrenty date, even offered to drive out the a local campground we were at to fix the AC unit in the heat of the summer.

Trailer Trash 2
02-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Mike Thompson RV Santa Fe Springs gets these ratings from me.

Scale of 0 to 10 (0=no good, 10=excellent

Sales 9

Service 0

Ordering OEM parts 7

Art-n-Marge
02-21-2010, 06:52 PM
We have dealt with three Mike Thompson RV dealers.

We became aware of Montanas from the Santa Fe Springs dealership at a huge RV show nearby. They spent a lot of time showing all the details of the rig even though we explained we were just starting to look for a larger rig and even with an outstanding offer on the table we were able to walk away. Score 10 for Sales.

Some months later, after looking at SOBs, we later purchased our Monty from the Fountain Valley dealership. The notes from the SF Springs got us a great deal that FV honored plus we got extra options that were not in the rig we originally looked at. Score 10 for Sales and Parts.

Since then we moved to another county and used the Colton dealership and we haven't been pleased in any of the three service visits there. They took almost 7 weeks for a refrigerator repair on one call. On the second call they didn't fix everything I thought they would fix on my warranty fix-it list and I ended up fixing some of these things myself rather than go back. The third call, they "convinced" me to get the wet shackles installed immediately since they were showing obvious wear and then didn't do a good job of it and I had to make adjustments myself. Score 0 for Service.

After the last call, I found out about and joined the MOC and have learned enough to fix my own problems and not drive 50 miles for dealer service.

helmick
02-22-2010, 03:01 AM
Mike Thompsopns in Fountain Valley

We are having work done on our unit now, and would not let any
Mike Thompsons touch it.
The closes place Keystone could find to do the work under warranty
was Lifestyle RV in Quartzsite, AZ. Thats 240 miles from our home in Lake Forest, Ca.

HomeOnTheRoad
02-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Reposting the guidelines for the Dealer Ratings forum.

Best regards,

the MOC Administrator

K&Gs3400RL
02-24-2010, 04:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Tacoma RV in Tacoma WA
Sales Experience 10 (LaDonna is the owner) Best price found anywhere.
Service is first rate: 10
Overall: 10
Robbie

I second Tacoma RV as having the Best Price, We have Bought three of our Last 4 Trailers there.
Sales 10
Service 10 Steve is the Greatest.

brenkco
03-05-2010, 03:47 AM
Folsom Lake RV, Rancho Cordova, CA
Service 10
Sales 10
Cheryl in the service department is simply outstanding

helmick
03-05-2010, 10:18 AM
We just had some Keystone Warranty work done At RV Lifestles in Quartzsite,Arizona.
They did what they said and completed it when they said and it looks great.
The Service Manager is James Angerami. If you need and work done and you are in the area
we would highly recommend them.

jackel1959
04-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Camping World in Burlington,WA (formerly Foley EZ Time RV)

Service - ZERO. We had our rig in for warranty work. After it was there for 4 weeks with no repairs being performed, I wrote a letter to Camping World Corporate in Kentucky. One particular issue, our slides creeping out has persisted for 3 visits since Sept. 2009. After corporate contacted the store in Burlington (having the rig for 5 weeks by then) all repairs were completed satisfactorily within 3 days. We will not return to this service center.

Jack

AlanPat
07-23-2010, 03:08 PM
My wife and I had a great experience in Elkhart, Ind with using Tiara RV to fix the left front jack on our Montana. The people were great and they did not take advantage of us. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

restez
07-27-2010, 12:30 PM
We had a great experience with Thompson Family RV in Davenport Iowa. Best price and great service so far.

ole dude
09-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Camper Clinic
Buda, Tx

Quality of work-- 1
Cost--expensive
Customer Service--1

adelmoll
09-14-2010, 02:16 PM
We had a great experience with Lewis Service Center that Keystone sent us to today because of a crack in our rim... They did not fix our rim but helped us to get the help we needed to get a salution to this problem even though they do not get a penny for all they did for us... This is in Okahoma City just off I-40 on E. Reno..... What a great find.. Thanks keystone for sending us there

Helen

KathyandDave
09-15-2010, 02:37 AM
Where's the rest of the thread?

Stubbytails
09-26-2010, 04:42 AM
Olympia, Washington - Dealer Rating
Adventure RV - Rochester, WA
9-Sales - We were promised everything, all of our concerns were addressed and would be corrected.
9-Price - excellent and excellent trade in (later we found out why)
0-Maintenance - Incorrect parts, broken parts used for repairs.
0-Time - Slow and non-responsive to estimates.
0-Customer Service - Terrible, can't rate low enough.

We listed what was to be fixed, what was to be replaced, and the until was to be detailed inside and out. We were promised everything, but once the check cleared we became "This is a USED RV, what do you expect" people
One month after we purchased, we finally picked up our Montana with shoddy work and dealers poor attitude. Complaining about work was met with aggression. I will not go back under any circumstances-I urge anyone getting a fantastic price look past the contract, you will not get what you are promised.

GaryM
11-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Country RV Center LTD.
Kelowna, British Columbia.

Sales 7 -Best price I could find after dealing with 4 dealers in western Canada.

Warranty manager 1 -Long story

Service department 0 -They looked at the underside of the pin area as I have frame flex/front cap movement. No problems found. Problem not fixed after two days at the dealer. When the technician installed the outside moldings the calking job was a mess. A list of other things that needed to be fixed. Two of which I did my self, table top replaced and the sofa drawer latch and the shower surround crack which was subbed out to another contractor. There are others issues that were not done. They had no problem contacting Keystone when they needed authorization to look at my RV. But once that was done they had problems contacting Keystone to get me an appointment in Pendleton. And with advanced notice and an appointment they did not even order a new table top, they took one out of another RV on there lot.

Customer Service 0

Parts person 10 -Very friendly and helped us with local area attractions.

raja402
11-28-2010, 12:55 PM
High Desert RV. Prineville, Oregon. Excellent service, price and quality work. Had our rig in twice now and both times impressed. Once was a total roof repair (low bridge) the other was an axles replacement. Darrin and crew top notch in my book. The axle outfit was late in getting the axles to him and he (Darrin) ate the costs and gave us discounts for the delay. If you ever need quality work, I highly recommend them.

HOOK
05-17-2011, 04:22 AM
Hawley's Camping Center, Hope Mills, N.C. Just off I-95 Exit 41
(0-10) 10 excellent, have met all needs , have had no problems

jackel1959
07-17-2011, 12:14 PM
DRAKE's RV Service, Pendleton, OR....10+++

This is a service center only with no sales of RV's. I would definitely give them a 10+++ for customer care, quality of work and service.

We recently had our rig at the Keystone factory in Pendleton, OR for some work and had a 2nd A/C installed at Drakes while there. We were impressed with their work and the communication with us prior to our arrival to ensure they had everything ready to go when we got there to make the installation quick and painless. Because we were not sure of exactly when we would get the rig back from Keystone we did not make an appointment with Drakes. They simply told us "let us know when you will be here and we will stop what we are doing and get the A/C installed in your unit"....and they did.

Joe, Mark and Ken did everything to make ours a positive experience.

Jack

Bigboomer
05-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Scotts Motor Coach, Lakewood, NJ

So far this is what we have experienced:

Sales - 9
Price - 9
Customer Service and Follow Up - 8
Warranty Work - 8
Would We Buy Here Again - 10

Can't say enough about Lee and his crew, everyone at Scotts has treated us great.

Carole
12-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Dandy RV,
Anniston and Bessemer, AL

Sales. 10
Service (so far)10

Only had our 2013 358rlt Mountaineer since August but Everyone from receptionist, sales, service and parts go out of their way to make the customer happy at Dandy RV. I even wrote a letter to owner to commend their customer relations.
Have owned 10 rvs and most pleased with this dealer.

Billorn
06-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Southern RV- Richmond, VA

Sales 10
Service 10

John and Tracy will treat you like family

mazboy
10-05-2013, 03:34 AM
Crowder RV in Johnson City, TN http://www.crowderrv.com/

they responded to all of our problems when we were in north carolina.

Bigsky3625RE
10-05-2013, 05:20 AM
Tacoma RV in Tacoma WA.

Sales - 9. The sales was easy. Super nice. No pressure.

Warranty - 0. Took the Big Sky in three times and all three times they didn't fix a thing.

Service - 0. Lies, lies and more lies. Again called and said all ready. Didn't do a thing. Last straw was picking it up and the ledge on the rear window was white with bird $#@! Service guy said"wow". Yep......wow.

vibetech1
10-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Find your best price then call RV Outlet.com and ask them to beat it. They are affiliated with Camping World so you can take delivery at the nearest dealer. The best part is RV Outlet beats Camping World's pricing in a major way. Ordered our 2014 3900FB FULLY loaded including gen, slide toppers etc for 65K. Our local Camping World's sale price was 17k more with half the options. If you are in the Michigan area check out Bob at Lake Shore RV. This advise comes from 2 years of price searching..Good luck.

Bigsky3625RE
12-17-2013, 03:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bigsky3625RE

Tacoma RV in Tacoma WA.

Sales - 9. The sales was easy. Super nice. No pressure.

Warranty - 0. Took the Big Sky in three times and all three times they didn't fix a thing.

Service - 0. Lies, lies and more lies. Again called and said all ready. Didn't do a thing. Last straw was picking it up and the ledge on the rear window was white with bird $#@! Service guy said"wow". Yep......wow.

Remember this issue? The same crap in LaDonna's reply.....she didn't even read the BBB issue.....

The slides were adjusted we found the front slide bracket was bent we removed the bracket and straighted it out and the sldied close properly.
we did pack the wheel bearing. I am sorry the birds crap on the unit but we did wash the unit for the customer. Can't do much more. I think the customer thought the slide would be covered under warranty but warranty doesn't cover adjustments. We did want we were asked to do so we will not be refunding the customer money.
LaDonna
Taomca RV

I had two slides I wanted adjusted......both were rear slides....I knew it wasn't covered under warranty. sorry the birds crap on the unit.......nice use of the English language.

This woman should not be in business and I will make sure I NEVER recommend her to anyone. What a joke of a business.

K0LCB
12-17-2013, 03:45 PM
I had good luck with Camping World of South Alabama. I give them a 10 for sales and 8 for service.

Graham
01-22-2014, 09:12 PM
I just came from the Quartzsite rally and would like to give a big thank you to Lippert Components. Jerry came out to the Montana circle to assist several members. He checked the wet bolt kit I had installed and replaced a couple stripped bolts. In discussion with Jerry this is the first year they have attended Quartzsite and are considering making it an annual event. I sincerely hope you do. I'm sure a few 'maintenance presentations' would also be a welcome addition to our Rally.

DQDick
01-23-2014, 02:06 AM
My guess would be they will be back for sure. Selling out of all their install times by the second day would indicate a great market for future trips out.

JandC
01-31-2014, 01:18 PM
01/2014: Lazydays in Tampa, Florida. Purchased 2014 Montana 3725RL. I would rate SALES: 9-10. DELIVERY: 1-3. SERVICE: 7-8. In a nut shell, we got a pretty good trade deal and there was no pressure from salesman. He not only knew the Keystone Montana products but he knew a lot about numerous other 5th Wheels. We added over $6,000 in options and was assigned a "Delivery Specialist" when we came back a week later. She messed everything up, including having the wrong dish installed on top of our new Monte. It was a nightmare working with her. The actual Techs in the shop seemed to know what they were doing but this gal was the weak link. It took us 4 days jacking around on their campus before we could actually get things straightened out and hit the road. I would strongly suggest anyone dealing with them to not let them add anything on and have it taken someplace else for service and warranty. They have huge selection and they have good prices, but not much else.

2Wanderers
02-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Steve Casey RV, Denver, CO

Sales: 9. Willing to negotiate on price :) and ordered our trailer to our specifications. Price was competitive.

Service: 8 For the most part, the warranty work was handled in a satisfactory manner. This included replacing ripped flooring caused by a slideout bolt and resecuring the pocket door.:) However, we did have an intermittent furnace issue which was never addressed successfully there or at another dealership. :(

Nelsen55
06-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Flint Hills RV, Andover, KS

Sales: N/A
Service: 1-10, 1.

Had them repair damage from a tire blowout. Caulk job on lower skirt was a mess. Damaged the decal above the joint line for the lower skirt, they did provide me a replacement decal. Service Manager doesn't keep his word. Took pictures of front door and roof problems and "submitted them to Keystone. Contacted Keystone through a fellow MOC member. Keystone said they never received pictures from F/H RV. Having warranty work performed by Dean's RV, Tulsa, OK in a few weeks. Will post details of the visit.

Virginia Young
09-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Nortgate RV in Ringgold, GA

10's all around. Very easy to deal with and their service guys are top-notch. We found the unit on the internet and made the deal over the phone. Everything was as expected when we arrived to pick it up. There were a couple issues that came up on our "maiden voyage," and they got right on them when we took it back. I highly recommend them and will definitely go back when we get ready for a new one.

Camping World, North Little Rock, AR

Sales - 8 They gave us a price we were happy with on our first Montana. Unfortunately, they have a whole new herd of salesmen, now.
PDI - 1 Not thoroughly done. Leaks.
Emergency Warranty - 10 IF you get the right service tech
Non-emergency Warranty - 5 Takes FOREVER to get parts in

If you are traveling through and need emergency work - they are good. Wouldn't recommend them for anything else.

Good luck getting them to return your calls. If you can't get them to answer when you call, you won't be talking to anybody. We only lived 10 miles from them, so we would always give up and drive up there.

Mayflower RV, Sherwood, AR

Sales - ? Don't know. Haven't bought from them.
Warranty service - 10 Called with an a/c problem and they got us right in (even though we didn't buy the unit from them) and corrected several wiring issues. (John was awesome!) Very friendly and did everything they promised, and then some. Highly recommend.

jlb27537
11-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Tiara RV, Elkhart, In. Bought 2014 3150RL 5/9/13

Sales 9
F&I 7
Service 0

Sales: did what they said they would do, I gave a 9 instead of a 10 because I did not receive either a phone call, Thank you card for buying from them. Got the money and they were done with me.

F&I Just did not like having to sign a power of attorney, we gave them a check, and asked for the MSO. Had to wait a day to get it. Think they had to take my check to the bank and buy the MSO.

Service: where to begin?? Bought in May. After freezing weather in Elkhart. The water system was drained when they picked it up from Keystone. The dealer never connected it to water. Toilet would not hold water due to broken part that would have been discovered if water had been hooked up. They had the trailer 8 days. Wanted me to wait for them to order a new toilet. (10 days) I called Thetford and they sent parts to my house in MO. Entry door would not shut. Could see daylight at top due to door hitting rain gutter when closing. They wanted to replace the door, I said no, re-position the rain gutter, I have a new door, I do not need another one. They installed a Splendide washer combo and stuck the drain hose all the way down the drain pipe, causing a siphon when the instructions says it can only be stuck in 6". Discovered this on first camping trip. I called Splendide and they told me what was wrong. I fixed the hose position. During the walk thru, the idiot salesperson/X tech, pointed to the wad of wiring by the Level-up pump and said here is your generator prep wiring. I knew it did not have that feature cause I had a copy of the as built invoice sheet. The service department installed the Mor/Ryde X Factor braces which require the replacement of 4 of the wet bolts and when I got home to MO. none would take grease, they had installed them dry. Again something I had to fix.

The front closet doors broke and fell off on the trip home from Elkhart to Mo, I fixed one side and on the next trip the other side broke. I just bungied them open. No more door problems.

The back emergency window latch broke. To date no one has been able to get a part number for a replacement latch. Fixed it with a couple of tie straps and a large pencil.

Have to fix the steps now due to rivet about to pull out.

So, If you are not handy with tools, probably need to find a different hobby.

Bigboomer
11-13-2014, 08:43 AM
We bought our 2015 3610RL from Pocono RV in Pocono, PA.

They are an amazing dealer. The owner is personally involved and our salesman Terry who has 30 years in the business is always on the mark and has been available when and if we have called him.

Here is our ratings:

Sales - 10
Price - 9
Customer Service and Follow Up - 9
Warranty Work - 9
Would We Buy Here Again - 10

We have had two minor issues, one where the microwave pooped the bed and they shipped a new one too us with a return shipping paid label and just recently our Sony DVD soiled the bed and they are shipping us a new one with a paid return label.

We have been blessed with both great dealers and well made rigs!

J-KB
11-13-2014, 11:34 AM
Curtis Trailers, Hillsboro Oregon.
Sales : 5. Got a really good price but heard nothing from them after, he will say hello when I'm in for repairs.
Service: Hmm Maybe a 3 had to go back too many times to get things fixed that happened when they had it on site, also mickey mousing repairs.
Service manager, Chuck: 10 After a meeting with him all of our problems where taken care of

curlida
06-15-2015, 02:19 PM
Camping World of Statesville NC. Not very well educated on new 2016 3711FL, walk through not very good, were told low drain caps were actually just spare parts, did not know what the large knob in fridge was(we figured it out) and believe it or not,told the black tank flush port in service station was to fill fresh tank. Also found out that one on our own. So,sales 4 out of ten, they were very nice. Not sure about service yet.

Lkelly3400
06-27-2015, 01:16 PM
We bought our 2015 3610 RL from Bretz RV, Missoula, Montana
This is the second RV we have purchased from them.

Sales 10
Price 10
Service 10
Follow up 10
Warranty work 10+
Would we buy here again 10

Every step of the way our treatment has been first class.

Missfit Ramblers
07-15-2015, 04:09 PM
AMERICAN RV Grand Rapids, Michigan
Our third RV, first Montana

Sales- 10+ Very well educated about The Montana

Service - 10+ They have taken care of ALL of the warranty things that have come up, repairing things that should have been done at the factory.

Follow up - 10+
I would highly recommend these folks for sales as well as service, very good folks.

DQDick
07-16-2015, 12:25 PM
Since we fulltime, I keep a spread sheet of the good and bad dealers and repair facilities recommended by our members. You're not the first to find American RV a good dealer.

farmall130
07-30-2015, 03:12 AM
Bill Plemmons, Winston-Salem, NC
Sales 9
Service 0
Warranty Service 0
On two occasions, they did not repair items brought in for warranty service. They also charged nearly twice as much as original quote on repair work...

greenmachine
08-05-2015, 06:54 AM
Southern RV in Bossier City, LA gets my vote for service, The whole team is Top Notch.

Bama Camper
08-21-2015, 05:43 PM
Camping World of South Alabama - Robertsdale, AL.
I've given them very good reviews in the past (three visits). But, things have changed there. As far as I can tell, the quality of service is still high, but the handling of customers and their "front desk" procedures have changed. This is apparently due to some recent personnel changes.
My recent repair took waaaayy too long. While investigating, I discovered that nothing happened for the first two weeks my camper was there. Was it due to a backlog? No, I don't think so. In addition, parts Orders were delayed for no reason, parts that HAD been ordered were left on the shelf when they arrived. No one seemed to be in charge to get them installed. It took many calls to them to make anything happen. I have to lower their rating from and 8 to a 6 for service.

rmthelen
08-27-2015, 08:54 AM
Our 7th NEW RV, 13 total RV's, second new Montana

Sales- 10+ Very well educated about The Montana, very competitive pricing

Service - 10+ They have taken care of ALL of the warranty things that have come up, repairing things that should have been done at the factory.

Follow up - 10+

Great people to work with and highly recommend.

dmedler
10-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Thompson Family RV in Davenport Iowa has been good to us in spite not having purchased there. Friendly, helpful and repairs completed correctly. AI appreciate their service.

DQDick
10-12-2015, 04:27 PM
Yes, they've had a number of good reports over the years.

caroldee2735
05-02-2016, 05:03 PM
Camping World Strafford MO service department has been wonderful. Despite not purchasing the unit here, they got us right in for a few warranty issues. They were unable to complete assessment of work to be done by closing time so plugged us in to 50 amp and water in the back for the night. Our service man, Mike, even gave us his cell phone # in case we had problems in the night. Everyone is friendly , courteous and helpful. After hearing some bad reviews about other dealers when asked to do warranty work on a unit not purchased from them, I was dreading this visit. I am so happy we came here .

RKassl
05-03-2016, 01:40 AM
North Point RV
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin

Just a great place to d business, they always give the customer the benefit. Service department supports the dealership with great techs.

This is the place that I commented on in another thread, that came to pick up my Montana to bring it in and returned it because I couldn't drive (broke knee cap guy).

Don is sales manager, and I bought my two Montana's from Jim in sales.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

DQDick
05-03-2016, 05:48 AM
Thanks, added those two to my list.

cw3jason
05-03-2016, 08:49 AM
For those of you that live in New England, I suggest Diamond RV in Hatfield Ma.
Great Sales team: They gave me the best price I could find on the internet for the model I was looking at.
Great service: Anytime I have had work done, I have inspected the job and it has looked like new
Great Warranty: The have worked with Keystone to cover all my gripes and are currently working on my existing issue. It is great to have a dealer that will stand up for their customers.

rohrmann
05-27-2016, 05:42 PM
If you are in California near Lake Shasta or the Mount Shasta area, we had our trailer frame repaired by Troy's Mobile RV Repair and Welding. Troy did an excellent job, was on site the day after I called him, got the difficult job done pretty quick and was very reasonable. http://troydevault.weebly.com/ (707) 834-9874

jameswbarton
07-30-2016, 06:10 AM
General RV Birch Run Michigan

Sales 8

Service 0

follow up 0

375FL High Country in shop for 3.5 weeks only fixed 2 out of 9 issues. Keystone told me to take the RV to another Warranty Dealer.

DQDick
07-30-2016, 01:28 PM
Thanks, sad but good to know.

jlb27537
08-23-2016, 11:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by caroldee2735

Camping World Strafford MO service department has been wonderful. Despite not purchasing the unit here, they got us right in for a few warranty issues. They were unable to complete assessment of work to be done by closing time so plugged us in to 50 amp and water in the back for the night. Our service man, Mike, even gave us his cell phone # in case we had problems in the night. Everyone is friendly , courteous and helpful. After hearing some bad reviews about other dealers when asked to do warranty work on a unit not purchased from them, I was dreading this visit. I am so happy we came here .

Dick, you might want to re-think Camping World @ Stratford, Mo. A good friend, (Lack of HP) has had his rig there 3 times for a heater issue and is presently there now. With no idea of when it will be fixed. I had my step recall done there. They used wrong parts, ended up fixing my self and sent pics to Keystone to show the step was really fixed.

IF you need customer pay help in Springfield, Mo. look up Thomas and Sons. Family owned service and parts place on Glenstone in Springfield, Mo. http://www.thomassonsrv.com/

Jim

DQDick
08-23-2016, 12:10 PM
Thanks, I added Thomas and Sons. Stratford Camping world already had both good and bad reports.

Razrbk
08-25-2016, 02:06 PM
Camping World - Lowell Arkansas

Sales n/a
Service 1

In shop five months for a variety of warranty repairs, poor communication (I.e numerous calls not returned, reported work completed but was not on two separate incidences) and, after receiving warranty repair authorizations, not ordering needed repair parts nor following up on shipping. Oct. 2015 - Feb. 2016

BrightonBob
09-20-2016, 02:42 PM
Smallwood's Trailers in Jackson, TN.
I've bought 2 units from them and if I were ever to buy another it would be my choice again. They are knowledgeable, friendly, dependable, honest, and go above and beyond to satisfy their customers. Shane Vaughn, the owner, is committed to caring for his customers, even beyond warranty work. They seem to have a problem keeping a service manager, but the quality of the work has never suffered, as far as I know. I have and would recommend member them highly to anyone needing a trailer or service on their unit. Just good folks.

mlh
09-20-2016, 03:03 PM
We have a great dealer here in southwest Va, in Salem its Toneys Rv. Joe the owner and the 2 guys that help him will do every thing possible to help you. I have seen them work nights and on Sunday. They sell campers. None goes out without first correcting everything that needs correcting, from the obvious to stuff I would fool with.
We have a CW and Sniders Rv. Toneys gets a 10 and they get 1.
Lynwood

Butch & Kathy
09-21-2016, 02:27 PM
Camping World St. Augustine, FL
Sales = 9 Got a great deal in July 2016
Service = 1. Can't seem to get the important things fixed

PChesney
09-22-2016, 05:17 AM
I CANNOT RECOMMEND the service departments at Holiday World RV in Las Cruces, NM & Holiday World RV in Katy, TX. Both dealerships caused great damage to my brand new 2015 Montana 3160 RL. On 11/15/15 during my winter travels from Minnesota, I purchased a brand my new Montana from Holiday World RV in League City, TX. My salesman there was fantastic. However, they did not have a service department that could repair and paint a large gouge on the underside of my front cap. I was also having a problem with the instrument panel not reading fluid levels properly in my fresh/gray and black water tanks. I made an appt to have the painting and warranty work done at Holiday World in Las Cruces, NM in January. The paint job was great, but the mechanic who worked on the issue with my water gauge walked off while filling my gray water tank and FLOODED the bathroom. It was flooded so bad that water was pouring out the front door of my unit. The interior wooden steps were soaked with water, the basement was partially flooded and my master bedroom carpet was also wet. They brought our unit back out to us without drying anything up & went home for the day. We had to blot the steps as dry as we could, remove everything from the basement ourselves and found some of our belongings had gotten wet. The next day they shampooed the bedroom carpet but did not bring us any fans or a dehumidifier. The bedroom carpet was still so wet we had to sleep on the pull out sofa. We dried our unit out the best we could and left the next day, very upset with their lack of care and concern for what had been done to our unit. A couple of days later we noticed the the wood on the vanity in the bathroom was splitting, and that the steps were warping. We were already in Arizona by this time so on our return home we made an appointment to have the steps replaced at the Holiday World Katy, TX location. They did a fantastic job on that. However, much to my horror, the mechanic at the Katy, TX dealership also FLOODED my bathroom while testing the still faulty water level gauge. He too had walked off while filling my gray tank and once again the brand new steps got wet. It was closing time when my unit was brought out to me and we did not notice the wet steps until later that night when we went up to use the bathroom. Everyone was gone home for the day so we took photos and dried the steps and carpet as best we could. We blotted up the wet carpet, ran our small fan on it all night & showed the service shop manager the next morning. They denied flooding the unit and tried to blame it on us. They did bring the unit back into their shop and tried to dry things out better and said they tore out the underbelly and replaced a "small" amount of insulation that was wet. We were already dealing with a musty odor which I complained about but they claimed they could not smell it. After being on their parking lot for almost 10 days, we left for our home in Minnesota. The management of Holiday World RV refuses to file a claim with their liability insurance company and refuses to replace my Montana with a brand new unit at no cost to me. I cannot afford to hire an attorney. Nothing is resolved and I am stuck with a unit that smells like a musty dish rag. I am worried that mold is growing in places I cannot see. I loved my Montana 3160 RL, but they have destroyed it as far as I'm concerned. I can't stand the smell. I bought a huge pail of Damp Rid and even bought one of those ionization machines to help rid the interior of the smell. So far nothing has worked. All I can do now is let everyone know what Holiday World RV has done and hopefully prevent others from suffering the same fate.

dhenry3
12-09-2016, 07:31 AM
Just picked up our 3710FL from CW in Myrtle Beach. This was first time I had work under warranty performed and I must say, everything was taken care of and warrantied thru Keystone. I also had them winterize it due to freezing temps due tonight. A little pricy but done on time. I have heard a lot of horror stories about CW but other than the day we bought it, which was the busiest day I have ever seen at a dealership, we have been treated very well and work has been performed as asked. If anyone ever goes to the maintenance shop on hwy 501 in Myrtle Beach, ask for Tom. Great guy and takes pride in his customer service.

caroldee2735
12-09-2016, 12:47 PM
I bought my new 3160 last July from Great Escapes in Gamaliel AR. I was trading in another fifth wheel and dealer told me they would put new unit next to old one and we could take our time transferring. Being in our 70's it took us too long and we had to leave with our belongings in a mess in new unit. I had asked that a new washer/dryer be installed and assumed they would install a good one I was told it was new, top of the line with the largest capacity on the market. It wasn't top of the line and smaller capacity. It worked for 3 months , I couldn't find anybody to fix it and junked it .
This year I decided to put new tires on as I didn't trust the ones that came on the unit although dealer told me they would be good for five years!!!!
When the original tires on the brand new unit were taken off, an inside patch was discovered. I was very upset and called the dealer to complain . The salesman said they would NEVER send out a new unit with patches tire and didn't even have a way to patch a tire. When I asked him if they had the he ability to take tire off and send out to be patched, he hung up on me. I called Keystone who checked with transporter and reported it didn't happen during transport. I called Tredit who sold the tire to Keystone and they said that wouldn't happen at their place. I called dealer back and got a more knowledgeable person who did some checking, said there hadn't been any notes about a tire being patched but he felt that it had happened there, apologized and said he would make sure it didn't happen again.. I wouldn't trust anything this dealer ever told me

CORattler
12-09-2016, 02:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by PChesney

I CANNOT RECOMMEND the service departments at Holiday World RV in Las Cruces, NM & Holiday World RV in Katy, TX. Both dealerships caused great damage to my brand new 2015 Montana 3160 RL. On 11/15/15 during my winter travels from Minnesota, I purchased a brand my new Montana from Holiday World RV in League City, TX. My salesman there was fantastic. However, they did not have a service department that could repair and paint a large gouge on the underside of my front cap. I was also having a problem with the instrument panel not reading fluid levels properly in my fresh/gray and black water tanks. I made an appt to have the painting and warranty work done at Holiday World in Las Cruces, NM in January. The paint job was great, but the mechanic who worked on the issue with my water gauge walked off while filling my gray water tank and FLOODED the bathroom. It was flooded so bad that water was pouring out the front door of my unit. The interior wooden steps were soaked with water, the basement was partially flooded and my master bedroom carpet was also wet. They brought our unit back out to us without drying anything up & went home for the day. We had to blot the steps as dry as we could, remove everything from the basement ourselves and found some of our belongings had gotten wet. The next day they shampooed the bedroom carpet but did not bring us any fans or a dehumidifier. The bedroom carpet was still so wet we had to sleep on the pull out sofa. We dried our unit out the best we could and left the next day, very upset with their lack of care and concern for what had been done to our unit. A couple of days later we noticed the the wood on the vanity in the bathroom was splitting, and that the steps were warping. We were already in Arizona by this time so on our return home we made an appointment to have the steps replaced at the Holiday World Katy, TX location. They did a fantastic job on that. However, much to my horror, the mechanic at the Katy, TX dealership also FLOODED my bathroom while testing the still faulty water level gauge. He too had walked off while filling my gray tank and once again the brand new steps got wet. It was closing time when my unit was brought out to me and we did not notice the wet steps until later that night when we went up to use the bathroom. Everyone was gone home for the day so we took photos and dried the steps and carpet as best we could. We blotted up the wet carpet, ran our small fan on it all night & showed the service shop manager the next morning. They denied flooding the unit and tried to blame it on us. They did bring the unit back into their shop and tried to dry things out better and said they tore out the underbelly and replaced a "small" amount of insulation that was wet. We were already dealing with a musty odor which I complained about but they claimed they could not smell it. After being on their parking lot for almost 10 days, we left for our home in Minnesota. The management of Holiday World RV refuses to file a claim with their liability insurance company and refuses to replace my Montana with a brand new unit at no cost to me. I cannot afford to hire an attorney. Nothing is resolved and I am stuck with a unit that smells like a musty dish rag. I am worried that mold is growing in places I cannot see. I loved my Montana 3160 RL, but they have destroyed it as far as I'm concerned. I can't stand the smell. I bought a huge pail of Damp Rid and even bought one of those ionization machines to help rid the interior of the smell. So far nothing has worked. All I can do now is let everyone know what Holiday World RV has done and hopefully prevent others from suffering the same fate.

Incredible. Give them "free advertising" in trailer life. [}:)];)

Jeff Csillag
04-08-2017, 06:41 PM
Pan Pacific RV Center Morgan Hill Ca.
Sales = 7
Service= -10

Nohrs RV Center Tracy Ca.
This is where I took the trailer for repair after 11 months of trying to get it repair. Keystone really didnt help me either.
Service= 10

Lenny K
09-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Greg's RV Place
5267 Boal Rd, Duncan, BC

Sales ........ 8
Service .... 10+ Best service writer ever and reason for going out of way to buy
from them again.
Parts ....... 10

Ram Montana High Country
09-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Holiday World / Willis Texas

Sales 8

PDI 5

Service 0 to 1

Made the mistake of taking unit before all the PDI items were corrected, had to continuously follow up to check status of parts and then to stay on top of getting it back when taken in.

Holiday World / Alvarado

Sales N/A directed me to a good place for lunch when there for service

Service 10 -new unit, first trip - fridge would not cool at all - was not dragging it back 300 miles for frustration - independent service guy came out - talked to
Dometic and HW Alvarado. Dealership followed up next day, said parts would be available and scheduled service. Got it in and done as promised same day

Parts 10

Denny and Angie Miller
09-12-2017, 05:54 AM
Sales: 7 (know what your trade in is worth before talking $...they tried REALLY low balling us...would have rated 10 if not for that)

PDI: 5 unable to answer some questions (unfamiliar w/our unit), was late and rushed....we should have demanded better, but we didnt

Service after the sale: 10 We had an issue come up (not warranty) that they took care of for free...I was pleasantly surprised as it was $1000+ repair

Warranty repairs: No experience.

mjammersc
09-12-2017, 11:28 AM
Our 7th NEW RV, 13 total RV's, second new Montana

Sales- 10+ Very well educated about The Montana, very competitive pricing

Follow up - 10+

Great people to work with and highly recommend.

I agree with this assessment on American RV (now becoming part of Camping World). Their PDI process is excellent as well. Hopefully the change in ownership doesn't change them.

gkonney
12-09-2017, 05:58 AM
To MOC Administrator:
Is there a Template or something that can be used here to help make a geographical lookup easier. This could be a very useful tool and used more if it is tastefully built. Not only for us Members but for Keystone Corporate oversight as well.
Independent Dealers might even strive to up their scores when they hear through the grapevine of their poor performance.
Our economy won't run with the Bull's forever...and they will be looking for business!

BB_TX
02-09-2018, 09:56 AM
I thought I had posted this before, but could not find it. Coach Specialist of Texas, located in Mansfield just south of the DFW metromess is great for repairs. They are a repair and upgrade/customization center. not a dealer. I caught my rear cap on a steel column pulling a corner back about two feet and tearing the fiberglass. Local RV repair shop not equipped to handle the repair recommended Coach Specialist. They did a great job. They are fiberglass repair specialist and did not have to wait to find and order a replacement rear cap. Looks great.

Three week turnaround and that included July 4th holiday in the middle. $14,000+ repair, but insurance covered all but my $500 deductible.

mtlakejim
02-09-2018, 10:35 AM
To MOC Administrator:
Is there a Template or something that can be used here to help make a geographical lookup easier. This could be a very useful tool and used more if it is tastefully built. Not only for us Members but for Keystone Corporate oversight as well.
Independent Dealers might even strive to up their scores when they hear through the grapevine of their poor performance.
Our economy won't run with the Bull's forever...and they will be looking for business!
That is a great idea

jrmart77
02-09-2018, 10:38 AM
Capital RV, Minot North Dakota

SALES = 10 - Salesperson we work with has owned many Travel Trailers and 5th Wheels. We would looking at a SOB that they sell and he advised us not to purchase.
PDI = 8 - When we purchased our HC, there were a few questions that the individual could not answer. He had to go ask another individual.
SERVICE AFTER SALES = 10 - A few trips to get small issues fixed. No questions, they just fixed.
WARRANTY = 10 - Had issues with slide that has refrig, they contacted Keystone who authorized repair. When Keystones suggested repair did not fix issue, they again contacted Keystone for additional authorization and then issue was fixed.
Had issue with refrig (Samsung Residential) not cooing, Keystone would not authorize repair as every time I took camper in to dealer, it worked. Finally convinced dealershiop to repair, which they did at their own expense.

I would buy from this dealer again.

BuilderBob
02-09-2018, 10:38 AM
They did a great job can't even till it happened! watch those tight turns! I'v come close myself a time or two.

Bob & carol
Washington St
2017 352RL 2008 Dodge 3500 DRW CC LB 4x4 6.7L

Grzly03
02-09-2018, 04:54 PM
Just found this thread, would have responded sooner.

Mike Thompson RV. Sales in Fountain Valley, CA, service in Colton, CA

Sales: 9.5. We had two previous bad experiences with trying to buy a 5er. It was as if Mike Thompson's staff was taking pity on us, and offered us a price that we couldn't refuse. Claimed it was $1k below their cost. Only complaint: I told them specifically to not use B of A for financing. Yep, you guessed it, when we arrived to sign the papers: B of A!

PDI: 7. Missed one important item (second gray tank drain), which caused me a lot of grief on first big trip.

Service: 9.5. Had to have two complete brake replacements (all 4) without really identifying a cause for the failures. Mike Thompson DID handle all communications with Keystone, and under warranty did both free, as well as reimbursing me for a $770 on-the-road same day repair.

I would go back to Mike Thompson, Fountain Valley, CA.

mtlakejim
02-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Camping World-Little Rock, AR.

Sales 9. They do know how to sell a rig there. Their pricing was significantly below any other dealer on our unit. We got a better trade in value and good rates on our loan. CW does more volume than any other company it should be no surprise that they can make the best deals.

PDI 5. Part of this is because we were not that familiar with the process ourselves and part because it was late when they got the unit ready, it was rushed and the guy doing the walk thru wasn't all that familiar with the features on the unit. I will give their Service Techs. good marks for catching an issue we would not have notices for some time (gap between front cap and interior frame) that we would not have noticed for a while. The other issues were not apparent until we had used the camper once.

Warranty -2 before General Manager got involved 8 after. We had some relatively minor issues to be fixed (new board on 6 point level, move a couch so it didn't touch a wall on recline, fix a bathroom door that would not properly latch and eliminate a gap between front cap and frame that did not require more than removing some interior trim and securing cap with some screws). In all just a half days work at most for one person. The unit was there for nearly 2 1/2 months due in large part to CW not handling the paperwork properly and getting in wrong parts multiple times. Once the General Manager got involved though things changed dramatically!

Service outside of warranty-Unit to new to rate yet but based on their service departments poor performance on Warranty work you can guess how I feel about letting them do any routine service. Not to mention they are ridiculously overpriced on same! Like double what a service only center would charge.....

CW is a good place to buy a unit if you want the best price and a good place to buy parts and accessories but there service at least at this location leaves a LOT to be desired. I think their biggest problem is not keeping paperwork straight and lack of communications with Keystone, parts suppliers and internally. Once they have one of their better service guys focused on the problem and he has the right parts in hand the work gets done properly but it shouldn't take the General Manager stepping in to make that happen! Just glad this happened during the off season and we are not full timers!

Ram Montana High Country
02-11-2018, 01:29 PM
It would be nice if sensors like my Ram has could be added in numerous places on 5ER - back, corners, nose, nosed to bed ...

captl27
02-19-2018, 08:11 AM
Camping World Syracuse NY Sales: 9, PDI: 8, Service Thought they were a 6 found out they are actually a 2 I bought my present 5r here in 2014 and they bent over to make the sale. They replaced the pin box so I could take the unit on a shake down weekend while they were waiting for parts to finish my prep work. Whileon that weekend we discovered that the drain in the shower had a clog which ended up having to be cut out and rebuilt to fix. We did not know that in order to do the repair they had to remove shower floor support which apparently they failed to replace which eventually caused cracking of the floor of the shower. It took weeks to repair the shower drain. They also did not install the slide toppers in the optimum locations. This drain problem which eventually cause the cracking of the floor of the shower turned into a yearlong back and forth with Keystone which ended in them not supporting their product even with the drain problem and subsequent floor damage was determent by Camping World Kingston NY. Neither Keystone nor Camping World when notified via snail mail owed up to any liability. Which is the reason I will probably never buy a Keystone product again or buy any RV at a Camping World. Also after going through all the effort to collect the documentation and write to Trailer Life for their help they forward the letter to Keystone with no positive result. They never approached Camping World with their failures, I guess because they are owned by Good Sam which is affiliated Camping World.

This brings me to Camping World Kingston NY which I can only rate there service. SERVICE: 2. I brought the repair work to them because they are closer to where I live. Their attempt to repair the shower floor ended in a poorly matched color repair that you can still see the cracks though. They did seem to redo the support the floor of the shower. They were also to repair the ripped flooring in the Kitchen which was caused by a defective slide. They did repair the floor but if you look in from the entrance you can see the cut edge of the old flooring under the slide. There repair lasted 8 months but on the approach of the cold weather the adhesive holding down the flooring let go and now it has lifted. Also they cleaned the unit in freezing weather causing one of the compartment doors to bubble which when notified never got back to me. As I have already stated I am out on big companies and will look to a local RV dealer for my next unit and use sources such as these threads to locate a good one. Thanks.

smokeater32
02-19-2018, 08:52 AM
Here is my take on Windish RV Center; Fountain, Colorado

Sales: 8. Our sales rep Chris was phenomenal all around (SOLID 10). No complaints with him. All other sales reps we came into contact with during the shopping process were friendly, helpful, and more than happy to help. The finance staff, however, had problems returning our calls within a timely manner to answer what questions we did have. Had to take matters into our own hands on a few occasions during the purchase process...but all in all went very well.

PDI: 10. Our PDI specialist was very knowledgeable and walked us through the entire inspection as though he was buying it for himself. His list was similar to mine (he was more than happy to go through our in depth list instead of his), and answered all of the questions that we had.

Service: N/A. Haven't had any work done on the 5er yet, but will update when that happens.

I highly recommend Windish RV Center, and if you visit, see Christopher Galbraith for your sales needs.:)

mazboy
02-20-2018, 08:38 AM
damaged my rear end like yours, cost us $1000 down here in mazatlan, mexico.

Ram Montana High Country
02-20-2018, 10:04 AM
RV Station In Nacogdoches Texas Service Dept and Parts Teams, I rate a TEN. Good folks, kept the schedule and did good work.

mtlakejim
02-20-2018, 03:56 PM
Camping World Syracuse NY Sales: 9, PDI: 8, Service Thought they were a 6 found out they are actually a 2 I bought my present 5r here in 2014 and they bent over to make the sale. They replaced the pin box so I could take the unit on a shake down weekend while they were waiting for parts to finish my prep work. Whileon that weekend we discovered that the drain in the shower had a clog which ended up having to be cut out and rebuilt to fix. We did not know that in order to do the repair they had to remove shower floor support which apparently they failed to replace which eventually caused cracking of the floor of the shower. It took weeks to repair the shower drain. They also did not install the slide toppers in the optimum locations. This drain problem which eventually cause the cracking of the floor of the shower turned into a yearlong back and forth with Keystone which ended in them not supporting their product even with the drain problem and subsequent floor damage was determent by Camping World Kingston NY. Neither Keystone nor Camping World when notified via snail mail owed up to any liability. Which is the reason I will probably never buy a Keystone product again or buy any RV at a Camping World. Also after going through all the effort to collect the documentation and write to Trailer Life for their help they forward the letter to Keystone with no positive result. They never approached Camping World with their failures, I guess because they are owned by Good Sam which is affiliated Camping World.

This brings me to Camping World Kingston NY which I can only rate there service. SERVICE: 2. I brought the repair work to them because they are closer to where I live. Their attempt to repair the shower floor ended in a poorly matched color repair that you can still see the cracks though. They did seem to redo the support the floor of the shower. They were also to repair the ripped flooring in the Kitchen which was caused by a defective slide. They did repair the floor but if you look in from the entrance you can see the cut edge of the old flooring under the slide. There repair lasted 8 months but on the approach of the cold weather the adhesive holding down the flooring let go and now it has lifted. Also they cleaned the unit in freezing weather causing one of the compartment doors to bubble which when notified never got back to me. As I have already stated I am out on big companies and will look to a local RV dealer for my next unit and use sources such as these threads to locate a good one. Thanks.

The wife is from Syracuse and had a friend that worked at the Camping World there. Her friend and some others there were layed off after CW bought out Gander Mountain. For some crazy reason CW decided to replace their employees with GM employees as we understand it! I know, exactly the opposite of what you would expect to happen!

We bought our 2018 from CW Little Rock, AR and I posted the review earlier in this thread. I will say there was a dramatic difference once the General Manager got involved in the process.

captl27
02-23-2018, 12:12 PM
I always feel bad when American workers loose there jobs. The problem is the same people that make those decisions are the ones that rush repairs and prefer shabby workmanship if they can make more money.

gkonney
02-23-2018, 04:27 PM
People from all walks of life are filling Camping World positions. It is a very interesting business that is thriving on a very strong economy. We have been to a lot of them and we are hoping that Marcus Lemonis peeks into his Empire and checks the heartbeat of this operation someday soon. Hey Marcus...read your reviews! There has been a different culture brewing there for a while now and it will take some time to mend or replace the mindset of many of their Managers.
It is too bad that the manufacturers don't step in and voice a stronger opinion. They like their numbers. We have noticed that several of the higher end Motorcoach companies are going with private Dealers with better reputations.
Time will tell...

mwalton
03-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Sky River RV Pismo Beach CA. Where we bought it. Sales a 5. They tried to pull a fast one on us regarding an identical unit at their Bay area store. They didn't know I had already communicated with the GM who had put in an email they would honor the price.

Needless to say, we got the better price and those two folks we dealt with are no longer with the company, not for these reasons though.

Sky River RV Paso Robles, CA. Service: 10 This is Where we try to get all of our service and repairs done. The exception when we are on a long trip and need assistance somewhere else (I'll come back to that).
Sky River Paso Robles has gone out of their way to fix an eleven item punch list prior to initial warranty running out, zero cost to me. Since they've help me with Easy Care warranty claims on a number of occasions with painless ease; as well as some insurance claim repairs for my oops when they occur. Staff is friendly, service is fast and over all I'd rate them a 10.

They also stepped up when a friend had passed away unexpectedly and his widow asked me to sell their Raptor Toy hauler and their truck. There were a few things the trailer needed, their turnaround was fast and friendly. They knew the former owner as well since he had purchased his unit there. Again service is a 10.

Now coming back to other places as mentioned above.
Camping World Bakersfield. Service: ZERO. They had installed a Winegard traveler that quit working after three months. I took it back to them for repair, they first couldn't diagnose the issue, then after conferring with their service manager about a warranty claim, they wouldn't touch it, said I had to deal with Winegard direct. I ended up taking it back to Sky River Paso Robles who had it fixed in a few days at no cost.

Camping World New Braunfels Texas. Service 3. We had the toilet pedestal flange crack and leak. We took it to them, as they were the nearest Montana dealer where we were located. I clearly identified this as a Easy Care case with them and gave them the policy number and phone number when I checked it in with the service writer. The repair got done, while we were there we asked for the Dometic 320 toilet with elongated seat to be installed, an upgrade. I picked the trailer up, checked the toilet, it was identical to the one that was in it. I immediately declined and asked why they didn't install the 320. Their answer was that "it wouldn't fit". I then asked why would you install the same thing then and not ask me the customer what I wanted done first? Blank stare, then "ok we'll take it out". To which I replied, here's the deal, I want you to try and fit the 320 in there and see if the door closes, if it closes then we're good, I'm not paying the extra labor for your muck up. If it doesn't I'll pay the extra labor for checking and reinstalling my original toilet. I had measured everything in advance knowing we wanted to upgrade to the elongated seat device. Needless to say it fit. We paid and left, later realizing that they did not do the claim with Easy Care. We got that resolved after a few phone calls and a letter of explanation from us to Easy Care. I would not use this store again.

Happy Trails

Mark

GILAELKHUNTER
08-08-2019, 05:19 PM
LAZY Days in Aurora Colorado
Sales manager was very good - 8
Salesman didn't do a thing - 0
Service dept. refuses to help me - 0 if I could go lower I would

Service dept. wants me to bring camper in for warranty work even after explaining that we live 700 miles away, then they tell me to call Keystone for help, but Keystone says call the dealer. Have contacted Freedom RV in Tucson AZ. their service dept. seems to be top notch, we have appointment, will see when we get there. BEWARE do not go here for service or repair.

captl27
08-15-2019, 04:30 PM
The ongoing saga of our 2015 3725 which developed a problemwith the shower that would not drain the first trip out. The unit was returnedand after waiting too long finally getting it back from Syracuse camping world. Thenthe floor of the shower started to have star cracking by the end of the firstyear. After much back and forth with Keystone they refused to cover the repairI had to go with my camping world extended warranty. At the end of the saga camping world ofKingston said they could not replace the shower and did a horrible job attrying to patch the floor and billing for supporting the floor of the shower. Solast week the shower drain failed to drain again which ended up being a failureof the hepvo trap that had a ripped rubber valve I decided to attack the repairmyself. On emptying compartments and removing compartment walls I gained accessto the area below the shower. To my surpriseI found no sign of any additional support as stated to have been done by KingstonCamping world. The repair took me maybe 3 hours over 2 days which includedwaiting for the part to be delivered. Which does not explain the weeks wewaited for Syracuse Camping world to repair the trap the first time. If you askme I think that they snaked the trap which is a no no and started the rip thatlead to the failure of the trap. If you check my page this had been documentedsince I found out how bad Keystone warranty department is and how horrible our experiencewith camping world service has been.

MarDon7
11-13-2019, 07:13 PM
Been working on about 10 warranty repair items on our new 2019 3811MS at Manassas Va Camping World Since July 2019. Went in their shop back in early Oct 19. Came out with wrong front cap LED light colors installed, front cap window decals place in the wrong lcation and other other work not completed. Through the staff tries hard they have a complete lack of Quality control to make repairs are done correctly. Advisor staff and Service manager never return calls.

JPDoege
11-13-2019, 09:31 PM
Collier RV Rockford, IL

Sales Staff - 10
Service - 10
Parts department - 10

They are great to work with!

Purchased two(2) Units myself and three(3) friends have purchased Units

bigfrank
11-28-2019, 09:14 AM
Camper City, Buford, Georgia

Sales/Purchase Experience - 10
Service Dept. - 10 (I've only had minor problems that were addressed quickly.)
Parts Department - 10

:)They are the best I have found in 25yrs of Rving

bigfrank
12-01-2019, 06:35 PM
Camper City
Buford Ga.
Sales 10
Service 10
Parts 10+

The best Dealer I have ever had in 20 plus years of RVing

jdarwin
03-21-2020, 09:32 AM
Holiday World - Mesquite, TX

Sales Dept. = 0. The salesman wanted us to hurry up with the purchase because he had another person ready to purchase.

Service Dept. = 0. Service manager told me Keystone would not approve a warranty repair. After reading this forum, I called Keystone and was told HW had submitted the repair and had gotten paid.

mtlakejim
03-21-2020, 11:37 AM
I keep telling folks to turn the purchase on new units into a commodity bid and buy from the lowest priced dealer PERIOD. Then go find a SERVICE ONLY business to do the repair work! You will save thousands on the purchase and get far better service doing it that way!!

Never ever believe that "we will take care of you after the sale hype". The sales department has only one mission and that's to get your signature on the bottom line.
Most (not all but most) service departments at sales dealerships are only there to prep units and are often staffed by inexperienced Techs. sales dealership service departments are supported by sales.
By contrast a SERVICE ONLY business usually has very experienced Techs. and their business model is to complete repairs to YOUR satisfaction as quickly as possible. A service only business does not stay in business long if they don't do good work and fast.
And by all means if you travel a lot look for good mobile repair guys. For minor repairs they are very often your best bet!!
And finally, give up on the idea that your going to be happy (or that sales dealership is going to fix everything after you signed and do it quick ha ha ha ha ha....) getting everything repaired under warranty. If it's not an extremely expensive structural fix like frame flex, just plan on paying for it yourself to get it done fast and move on. If you did a commodity bid up front you have saved several thousand to spend on minor repairs anyway.....