PDA

View Full Version : Rio Grande Valley

syplace
09-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Many MOC members have talked about the Rio Grande Valley. Understand it is a nice place to winter...but a few questions please. Just what towns does the "Valley" include? Many RV Parks and Prices? Cost of llving there and how is the traffic?

bob n pam
09-02-2005, 09:51 AM
John, check out www.rv-rgv.com which has a map of all of the towns in the Valley. Click on a town and a list of all the RV parks pops us. It is a very handy site. Don't know about cost of living or traffic as this will be our first winter there.

Parrothead
09-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Bob & Pam
Thanks for the web site reference. I've saved it for future trips. We will visit that area eventually. We need someplace to summer not winter. Hemet is a "snowbird" town so I guess we are okay here in the winter but these 3 digit temps in the summer have to go.
Happy trails....................

Montana_3539
09-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Funny you should mention the Rio Grande Valley, I was stationed at Harlingen AFB way back before the Revolutionary War (hahaha), or at least it seems that long ago... when I retire next year Sharon & I are going down that way to visit some old friends we haven't seen for about 25 years and I am definitely going to revisit some old hangouts, if they exist... this website will definitely help us, a big thanks...

syplace
09-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Thanks Bob & Pam, we certainly will check out the site: www.rv-rgv.com.
Who knows...maybe next year.:)

Bill and Ann
09-02-2005, 11:45 PM
We have a lot in a park in McAllen, Tx. Spend our winters there. Check out the Winter Texan/ Rio Grande Valley Forum in another section on the forum and you will get an idea where everyone is staying down there. Most of us are in the McAllen/Mission area.

sreigle
09-03-2005, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the link, I've saved it, too. We'll be in Mission but this is our first time there, too, so we know only what we've been told.

Just148
09-10-2005, 01:17 PM
I will save this link also. Thanks.