PDA

View Full Version : No Montana Tour

Sunshine
08-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Just returned from a 4800+ mile round trip to Indiana. I chose the Elkhart Campground as our base in hopes that we would be able to take the Keystone Montana tour. I was delighted when we checked in at the campground and the proprietor gave me a tour list that showed the Montana tour for the next day (Thursday). I called Keystone to see if we needed a reservation and was disappointed when the receptionist told me that they no longer have the Montana tour on Thursdays in addition to the Tuesday tour. Since we wanted to get a spec sheet for our previously enjoyed Montana anyway, we decided to go first thing on Thursday and take care of that order of business. It was stormy, raining cats and dogs, and the map I had was not very good, so we wandered in the countryside a while until I finally called Keystone and got directions from where we were at at the moment. We were NOT happy campers. When we finally arrived at the office, I was further annoyed that when I had spoken with the receptionist the previous day she had not bothered to mention that even though there was no Thursday Montana tour, the tour that day was Cambridge. As we were soaked, it was several hours before tour time, and we were unhappy with the whole situation, we opted not to hang around. We were directed to customer service at another location, however, and did get the spec sheet for our unit. I also inquired about a frame recall I had read about on the forum so the rep checked the unit records and found it had been dealt with. So, there was a positive outcome to a disappointing experience. The trip was a good one despite the HOT/HUMID conditions. We traveled each day until hubby decided where he wanted to quit driving and I called for a space when we were about an hour or so from the destination. Had no trouble and the campgrounds we chose from the TL directory were good. The Montana handled like a dream according to hubby and we certainly enjoyed the scenery along the way and the visits with family and friends in Indiana.

Northstar
08-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Glad to hear your trip to Montana was not a complete waste. Yes the Montana does handle like a dream.