PDA

View Full Version : Lei-Ti Campground, Batavia, NY

Glenn and Lorraine
08-12-2005, 12:21 PM
A slight change in direction. Instead of heading south to Belden Hill Campground near Binghamton we headed west to Batavia, NY and Lei-Ti Campground (http://www.leiti.com/cg_home.htm). If anyone is in the area we will be here until Monday.

sreigle
08-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Hey Glenn, would appreciate your thoughts about that CG. I once planned on stopping there but our plans took a different direction. I was born in St. Jerome's hospital in Batavia, by the way. And had relatives in nearby Alexander for many years. They've all moved away from there now, though.
Thanks.

H. John Kohl
08-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Boy it is a small world. My sister lives less than a mile from Lei-Ti. I used their dump station when winterizing. Also in that area about 15 miles away near Byron is Southwoods RV Resort. Nothing wrong with Lei-Ti but I like the country feeling of Southwoods, on route 262 east of 237. There is a low bridge 12 feet on 237 between 33 and 262. I was able to take farm roads around it.
Both campgrounds are nice I just like to smaller feeling of Southwoods.
Have fun and tow safe.

Glenn and Lorraine
08-13-2005, 03:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Hey Glenn, would appreciate your thoughts about that CG. I once planned on stopping there but our plans took a different direction. I was born in St. Jerome's hospital in Batavia, by the way. And had relatives in nearby Alexander for many years. They've all moved away from there now, though.
Thanks.

Steve,
Nice campground but much too busy for our tastes. In their ad in the Genessee County mag they state... "If you want to pack your liesure time full of excitement--then let Lei-Ti, the original, is for you." or "If you want to spend your liesure time relaxing in a calm, picturesque corner of the world--than Lei-Ti Too! is for you."
Of course we saw this ad after we had already checked in and set up at Lei-Ti, the original. This one is for the younger set with lots of kids. When we arrived they had four different sites available in 2 different areas. I specifically asked for the quietest area and they indicated L5 by the lodge would be our best bet. The lodge is less than 50 feet away. It consists of the bath house, snack bar and game room. It is also the location of live entertainment this evening. I have no idea how long this may last but quiet time is at 11 PM so we shall see.
We leave here Monday and needless to say we WILL NOT be returning but will give Lei-Ti Too! a look.
On Monday we will be moving closer to the Niagra Falls and Daisy Barn Campground (http://www.daisybarncampground.com/). Took a tour of it today and found 3 Montys already there.

And yes H. John it is a small world. Since entering the life of a fulltimer we are surprised almost weekly of just how small it can be. We have run into acquaintances, old friends, previous motel guests and even family in unexpected areas.

FredG
08-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Glenn,

You're a bit far for me to visit, especially since I have to go to work tomorrow. Don't lose too much money at Batavia Downs Gaming ;)

If you want a quiet campground in this area (well closer to where we live), I recommend Kanakadea Park (http://www.steubencony.org/kanakadea.html). It's a county run park fronting Almond Lake, which is one of Hornell's reservoirs. We've stayed there a couple of times, and it's been fairly empty and relatively quiet both times. Water and Electric at site and a dump station on the way out, so good for a 2-3 day stay. Sites are grass, so make sure you have 4WD if the forecast is for rain. We almost had to help out Jen's aunt with her medium duty ;)

Fred

sreigle
08-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Thanks for all the great info. Since family have all moved away now we'll probably look to stay closer to the Falls and will save this thread for reference.

Glenn and Lorraine
08-16-2005, 03:48 AM
Steve, I found just the campground, check out my Daisy Barn Campground, Niagara County, New York (http://montanaadministrator.forumco.com/topic~TOPIC_ID~10985.asp) post.

sreigle
08-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Just saw your post and saved it in my file. Wow pictures! Thanks.