PDA

View Full Version : Drummond Island

Dave e Victoria
06-20-2005, 11:01 AM
We are leaving Lansing and will be around Houghton for a day or two then on up to Drummond for ten days. I am told the Cisco are biting.

CountryGuy
06-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Hey Dave,

How much does it cost to get Montana over to Drummond??? Or do you leave her on the mainland and wing it without her for 10 days?? Just curious!

Dave e Victoria
06-28-2005, 05:15 AM
Sorry it took so long to reply -- we've been on the Islanmd for a week.

It costs$20 to $25 round trip depending on who is with you and what age they are. This time it was $21 fro trailer, one adult over 65 and one adult under 65.

BTW, the cisco are just starting to run. Our boat caught 24 yesterday.

CountryGuy
06-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Dave, sounds like you are having a great time.

SOOOOO, where do you park Montana??? I looked the other day and did not see campgrounds there??? I must be missing something, ha ha, nothing new there! :D

Carol

OntMont
06-29-2005, 04:53 AM
Hey Carol,

WE thought Drommond Island sounded kind of neat and looked up a campground. Here is the link, http://www.allseasonsresort.net/html/cabins___rv_park.html. You will like this one, only $10 extra per dog!!!!!

Guess we won't be there, but there are other RV sites on the island.

Dave e Victoria
06-30-2005, 04:20 AM
There is a township owned park about two miles before you get to the "four corners". It is not advertised or listed anywhere that I have found.

The park is nearly primitive. There are about 40 sites. Most have electricity. There are a couple of spigots for fresh water. We connect several hoses together to make a temporary connection. There are outhouses so the blackwater tank on the Montana serves night time needs for about two weeks. The park prefers you dump grey water.

There is a boat launch area for small boats and a sandy beach. The park itself is very rocky.

As for the Montana, there are several sites that will accomodate this size rig. However, be prepared to lift some lowhanging wires and cut some branches if needed.

It is first come/first served basis at 10/night with out electricity or 12/night with. Park is about half full now but will fill up for this long weekend and then thin out again.

Hope this helps and yes, we are having a lot of fun. Very friendly people here. Several adhoc dinners and parties among the campers. Noticed a Mountaineer came in last night. Will have to meet them today.

Also, There is now a wifi at the visitor center at the four corners. It is a nomadISP connection.

CountryGuy
06-30-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey Dave,

Thanks for all the info!