Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2018, 01:38 PM   #1
Montana Master
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 501
M.O.C. #10985
Complaints vs compliments

Mostly we see nothing but complaints on here but We have been living in our new home for 6 months now and it has already survived 1 tornado with no damage. I am very satisfied to date with this 3791RD. The only thing I could complain about is the thermostat. It is hard to set and wants to go to Celsius. It even goes into the wrong mode while you are setting it. When you finally get it set it does work. We are just 2 peas in a pod in here. 3 with the dog.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #2
Montana Master
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kville
Posts: 2,781
M.O.C. #7871
This is a fix and repair forum. Normally we don't come on here and say "we just took a 3,000 mile trip and everything was fine." We do come on here looking for help and advice if something breaks. There are lots of Montanas on the road, that's why there are lots of us looking for help and lots of posts.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:55 PM   #3
Montana Master
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pensacola (mail forward service)
Posts: 2,857
M.O.C. #13740
I like my 2013 quite a bit, but I, myself, have also fixed a bunch of stuff during the first few months that we owned the rig. And we have fixed some things since. I look at it as it is...a trailer that could have been built a little better when assembled...and one that should never have come with load range e tires and certainly not marathons. Some of the new builds has shown that things are lacking at the assembly plant, whether people who don't care, people who are not able to do the job, or management that don't have a clue. Pick your choice. I like my montana, but I don't believe I will buy another new one. Just me.
2012 F350 6.7 L dually, 2013 3800RE with 6 pt leveling, Sumitomo 17.5" load range h tires, Samsung 18 cu ft residential fridge, 8k Morryde I.S. with disc brakes. Full timing since 2012.
jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:06 PM   #4
Montana Master
DQDick's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wilsey
Posts: 16,715
M.O.C. #11455
While this is the place to voice problems and complaints, when you look at the number of members the issues are a very small part of the whole.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:57 PM   #5
Montana Master
BuilderBob's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 1,518
M.O.C. #20475
I you look at the number of Montana's sold and on the road verses the number of con-plant's we see hear on the MOC the % is probable less than 5% with problem that aren't easy to fix. I see more in new homes. with That said i I think you would see the same thing in all brands out there! Are new Montana that we have put some 10,000 mil's on since last year. The only thing that we have had any problems with is the window shade's they are junk!! but the are easy for me to fix with the parts. I fix most every thing my self any ways.
Bob & Carol Washington St
2017 HC HM352RL 2018 Dodge 3500 laramie CC LB 4x4
Curt Q25 with puck system, Factory air bags
Happy Trails
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #6
Montana Master
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Haysville
Posts: 3,566
M.O.C. #3085
I guess I see things differently as to issues with rigs now days. There are a boatload of RV's out there with problems big and small. That's why you see dealerships lots full of "to be worked on" units and that's why you usually have to book repairs several weeks if not months in advance. Imagine what it would be like if the majority of us didn't fix a thing and took it in for every little issue. If you own an RV … you have to be handy on a variety of subjects.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:27 PM   #7
Montana Master
waynemoore's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lake Havasu City AZ.
Posts: 1,811
M.O.C. #10552
Hay, 90 percent of Montanas registered from 1990 to today are still on the road. The other 10 percent made it home.

Just saying is all��
Wayne and Ann Moore
2015 Ford F-350 King Ranch
Firestone air bags, bed saver.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.