Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
VBraun

M.O.C. #20379
Montana Furnace/Heat Pump

We have a 2017 Montana High Country that has both a furnace and a heat pump. We are mountain camping, and can get the heat pump to work, but cannot get the furnace to light. Our service guy said that we needed to set the thermostat on Automatic, and page down until the furnace setting is lit,then increase the temp until the furnace kicks on. We have tried this over and over. No luck. No fan, no ignition. In fact, the heat pump comes on when the thermostat is set on Furnace and also when it is set on heat pump. Any ideas?
VBraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
Loneoak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19514
I cannot help you as we have only had ours since April. I have no idea how the heat pump works, we have used the a/c a couple of times. There was no manual with the a/c or heat pump. If anyone knows where I can get a manual, I would appreciate it. It's hard to look online if you don't know the model number.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
VBraun

M.O.C. #20379
Know what you mean. Montana has manuals on line, but if you don't have good and fast wifi, they are useless. This is one time I wish for paper. Thanks for the reply. I'll keep trying and if I find an answer, will post.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #4
DQDick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11455
Are you sure you're getting gas to the furnace? Also do you only have one heat pump. We have heat pumps on both AC units so one thermostat has both a heat pump and furnace setting and the other has only a heat pump setting. There was no indication that this rig had two heat pumps until I turned the extra one on by accident.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:17 PM   #5
VBraun

M.O.C. #20379
I was going to look to see if there was an extra valve on the gas line to the furnace. We only have heat pump on the thermostat in living room, but I think the a/c comes on in the bedroom when we turn the bedroom thermostat on on furnace. Since the fan never comes on when the living room thermostat is set on furnace, I think there must be a wiring problem.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:43 AM   #6
Peter1965
Established Member

M.O.C. #20319
That is the opposite of my HC. The thermostat in the bedroom has the heat pump and the one in the Kitchen/Living room does not. Fortunately I haven't come across the furnace issue. Yes, manuals would be very nice.
Peter1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:46 AM   #7
VBraun

M.O.C. #20379
Thank you for the reply. Looks like we will just have to take the rig into the dealer and let them work the problem until they get it fixed.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:02 PM   #8
MARK A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBraun View Post
Thank you for the reply. Looks like we will just have to take the rig into the dealer and let them work the problem until they get it fixed.
If you are dry camping with no shorepower or generator your heat pump is unavailable. Turn on your thermostat, turn off zone 1&2. Set fan to high, toggle through mode until the word furnace pops up. Then select your temp with the up down button. If the furnace won't light look in the fuse panel for a burned fuse. There will be an LED lit by the burned fuse.

Mark
MARK A is offline   Reply With Quote