Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #1
Siriustoo
Established Member

M.O.C. #19298
Furrion Observation camera display on Ford F-350 centre console?

I just picked up my 3710.
It has the observation camera that comes on with the running lights. I can see the blue light.
The dealer is saying thereis no unit for inside the truck.
The dealer insists that there is a way to get the observation camera on the 8" console screen on my 2017 F-350.
He claims one of the customers has that working but was not sure of the truck.
I searched around and read the manual and could not find info on this.
Is this possible and is it using a bluetooth or wifi connection?
Or is the dealer holding out on the head unit for the Furrion :-).

Siriustoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:42 PM   #2
BiigDaddy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18932
The dealer is completely wrong as far as I'm concerned. Our '17 3710 has a seperate display for in the truck. INSIST on them giving you what you paid for!!

Its not Bluetooth or WIfi. Its radio signals BTW. and for the length of the unit, you'll need to play with the antennas.
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #3
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
What a ridiculous story the dealer is feeding you. There is a monitor for the truck that comes with the unit. Demand a monitor for your truck.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:28 PM   #4
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Picked mine up last month, the monitor was included. The dealer is full of it; what about those that do not have a display built into their truck?
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:42 PM   #5
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
It should come with a portable unit for inside your truck. With that being said if you got the correct option on your new truck you should be able to program the camera to your built in screen. I am currently doing research on what all options I want if I buy a new truck and if I read correctly that is part of either the tow technology bundle, rear chmsl camera or the ultimate trailer tow camera system. Sorry I can't do better at the moment but I am still trying to figure it all out myself. They still need to give you the unit that comes with it. Mine used to only work in reverse but it has been rewired to come on with the lights on.

Tom Marty
Old 05-17-2017, 09:00 PM   #6
jjfleck
Established Member

M.O.C. #19826
The dealer is wrong. Mine came with the monitor packed in its box with the directions and accessories. It was in one of the drawers. Your unit wont work without the monitor. I have signal problems but that's a different story.
jjfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:50 AM   #7
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
Agree with all above. Dealer is wrong.
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:45 PM   #8
Siriustoo
Established Member

M.O.C. #19298
I went back to the dealer, and they pointed out in the brochure that it says under the Residential Living Package prepped for rear view camera. Looks like the camera is part of the Legacy package according to the brochure.
Does prepped mean you get the camera but not the in vehicle display? Furrion does not seem to sell that as a stand alone unit.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #9
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
If it is prepped that it just has the housing and wiring installed. You would need to purchase the kit which should get you a camer and a receiver screen. My 3160 is the RL so it came with it. Of course it was dead on arrival so it was replaced under warranty.

Tom Marty
Old 05-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #10
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
If the camera is installed, the screen comes with it. they are paired together. and shipped in the same box. someone lost your screen.
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:25 AM   #11
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Dealer is lying....But no huge surprise. I wish there was a way to choke these turds out of business.

Mark
Old 05-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #12
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriustoo View Post
I went back to the dealer, and they pointed out in the brochure that it says under the Residential Living Package prepped for rear view camera. Looks like the camera is part of the Legacy package according to the brochure.
Does prepped mean you get the camera but not the in vehicle display? Furrion does not seem to sell that as a stand alone unit.
You might be on to something that Montana changed perhaps for the 2017 year.

All Montana's now appear to come prept for rear view but they cheaped out and only supply the camera with the Legacy package.

We have the Legacy package on our 2017 and it came with both camera and
monitor.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #13
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarMar View Post
You might be on to something that Montana changed perhaps for the 2017 year.

All Montana's now appear to come prept for rear view but they cheaped out and only supply the camera with the Legacy package.

We have the Legacy package on our 2017 and it came with both camera and
monitor.
So, now that you caught him in his first lie he tells you another whopper. Prep does NOT mean you get 1/2 a camera system, otherwise they would have crates full of monitors (that he told you there wasn't any of) laying around the manufacturer. Your next visit will produce a monitor, or an offer to sell you what you've already paid for.

Mark
Old 05-20-2017, 05:46 PM   #14
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Don't shoot the messenger!!! If you read the current brochure under residential living package it states prepped for rear view camera.

Then follow down to Legacy Package option and it states that it includes wireless back up camera and in vehicle display.

It would be interesting to hear from other 2017 Montana owners without the Legacy Package to see if they have the same dilemma.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:21 AM   #15
navybanker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10884
We have a 2017 3611 without the Legacy package and it had the monitor. We purchased off the lot so don't know if the dealer ordered it this way. The camera works okay thus far but not nearly as clear as the backup camera on our Toyota and Chevy truck. Like everyone has said the box the monitor came in had a place for the camera also as best I remember.

2017 Montana 3611
2012 Chevy 2500
navybanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:17 AM   #16
fatcatzzz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14438
This is a picture from a local dealer's web site. This is not a legacy, but shows the camera installed. You can see the antenna in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rearcamera.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	307.6 KB
ID:	227  
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #17
Siriustoo
Established Member

M.O.C. #19298
I was going through the pile of manuals and found the system checks - dealer prep checklist. It says FOS48TA-BL and gives the serial number. Let's see how they explain that one.
Mine has the camera like the one above... no display though.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:30 AM   #18
Siriustoo
Established Member

M.O.C. #19298
After sending a picture of the camera mounted to the back of my trailer, the dealer finally contacted Montana and found out my trailer and 3 others on the lot were supposed to come with the display. Montana will be sending them new Furrion units. Thanks for everyone chiming in. Without your comments I probably would have let it go.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:53 AM   #19
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriustoo View Post
After sending a picture of the camera mounted to the back of my trailer, the dealer finally contacted Montana and found out my trailer and 3 others on the lot were supposed to come with the display. Montana will be sending them new Furrion units. Thanks for everyone chiming in. Without your comments I probably would have let it go.
Translation, "Crap, we got caught.. Go back in the file cabinet and get his monitor, then call him next Wednesday and tell him it's here."

Mark
Old 05-24-2017, 07:03 AM   #20
Siriustoo
Established Member

M.O.C. #19298
Actually I think the displays were stolen from the units along with a bunch of TV's. When I was doing the PDI they were installing a 4K TV in my unit. I told them I didn't realize they had that as an option, and they explained it was a replacement for the ones that were stolen. Unfortunately it was a 1/2" too big to fit in the opening behind the fireplace so they had to take one from another unit.