Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #1
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Welcoming New Members

I received a PM from someone today that changed my thinking a little on the Introduce Yourself Members section. I must admit that I have gotten busy and not always welcomed new members, but I've tried to do better lately. We have over 12,000 members. Most new members receive a welcome from 15-20 people. I didn't realize how this impacts a new member's perspective of the MOC. I know a lot of people like to just read the posts and see what topics are being discussed. I guess it's like anything, the more you put into something, the more you get out. Terrie and I have gotten a lot of answers, met a good number of lifelong friends and hopefully, helped a few folks along the way. For those of you new to the MOC in the last three or four years, you will never get the opportunity to meet the original MOC ambassador - Glenn Adams. We met Glenn at the first Goshen rally. He wandered over, introduced himself and asked if he could help. I guess I'm asking everyone to take the new member introduction a little more seriously. It's the first impression of the MOC to new members. And, you don't need any technical expertise, seniority on the forum, or even good grammar. Be a Glenn Adams. For those of you I missed welcoming over the years, greetings from Colorado. Hope to see you down the road.

Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:42 PM   #2
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
It's about time, Ron. I've been here 2 years and, quite frankly, was getting tired of waiting. Seriously, you're right about the welcoming. It seems it's the same ones every time, which is ok, but where is everyone else? Camping?

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:20 AM   #3
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
I guess that part of the MOC is more the social side, rather than the technical side. Point taken Ron, we probably should do more to make new members feel welcome. Actually that is what sets this forum apart from most of the others.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:50 AM   #4
onekla
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12436
Very good point, Ron. We may miss one or two along the way, but we're trying to make everyone feel welcome.
onekla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:14 AM   #5
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I guess it all boils down to what you expect when you join a forum. I’ve joined a couple of other RV websites and received the usual handful of “Hi how are ya’s” from a few of the regulars. No issue with me, as I joined more to glean experiences and answers to issues … not so much to develop relationships. I alone know of a couple of members on here that don’t own a Keystone product, but enjoy the non-flaming approach to a wealth of info here realizing the base components on a Montana are also found on many SOB’s. I’m sure some of you do as well. As in any large group, there are “clicks” of people even on the MOC … East Coasters, West Coasters, fulltimers, retireds, weekend warriors, and some that cross back and forth. Some seem to be in contact with one another most all the time … some like me will more than likely never meet but 2 or 3 other MOC’ers in a life time and be content with that. That may change once I retire. The MOC has always been more of a group that simply respects one another’s positions on things more so than most any other RV website I’m familiar with. We get a bit anal on the nuts and bolts of some issues but never to the point of flaming one another. I guess what I’m rambling on about is … it is polite to say hi to new members … not getting the welcome mat rolled out isn’t going to drive people away.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:41 AM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
In general I agree with Diesel Guy, but do greet every new member I notice because with the number of members we have and everyone being different in their own personality and thinking I don't want to miss the people that would feel left out.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:50 AM   #7
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
We generally try to keep up with greeting posts and feel it's an important part of building encouragement for new members to share what they and the forum have to offer.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:28 AM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I have to agree with dieselguy somewhat but we've been active in the MOC for as long as we've belonged. We've gone to numerous Regional Rally's, hosted the Central Plains Rally for 6 or 7 years now and even Wagon Mastered the Fall Rally in Goshen but I'm here to glean what I can from the experiences of the other MOC members and if I can throw in a few personal experiences and/or problems we've had down the line. We're on our second Montana and this will more than likely last us a long time but who knows "if the right one comes along again" we just may invest in another one! We've been through many other brands and we still think the Montana is the "Best Bang or the Buck" out there. Let's hope they keep up with the times, listen to the present owners and look ahead to things to come and even the families that may be looking for a unit. I try to welcome as many "Newbies" as I can and if I didn't welcome you to the Forum, I will now! "Welcome to the MOC Forum the best informational area for Montana, Big Sky, High Country and Mountaineers on the www!"
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:00 PM   #9
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Well said Ron & Terrie!

Old 06-20-2017, 07:17 AM   #10
peggy loos

M.O.C. #20037
Is that Livermore Colorado??????I lived there and we camp there. Get in touch please
peggy loos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:09 PM   #11
Walter549

M.O.C. #20072
I am a new member and don't feel left out at all . this is my first fifth wheel not new but very nice. 2010 3665re and trying to learn all I can about these they seem to be a favorite. my first self contained camper was a keystone but the quality of this one doesn't even compare.
Walter549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:48 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I will have to admit we have not done that. We have been here since 2005 and I never thought about it. Will do better.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote