Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #21
8e3k0
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ardrossan
Posts: 723
M.O.C. #9261
Fire is one of the worst disasters that can happen to a family. We wish them the best in recovery with there Monte and contents. We do carry 2 fire extinguishers but if your not near by in the case of a fire they are of little value. Will be valuable for the forum to hear what actually was the cause.
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #22
K&Gs3400RL
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Olympia
Posts: 410
M.O.C. #9671
It is a shame, I hope everything turns out ok for them. Our Prayers are with them.

With that said I found this on RV Business. Please read as we all need to be careful.

Two people have been killed, two injured, and at least six RVs destroyed in the last three weeks across the U.S. in incidents linked to the use of electric space heaters, according to a web posting by the RV News Service.
The winter heating season has arrived, and fire officials say more caution needs to be exercised by those who would take off the chill with space heaters.
Kurt Strey, who serves as Fire Chief in New Berlin, Texas, recalls the results of a recent travel trailer fire in his jurisdiction.
“People who were using space heaters either overloaded it or placed it too close to something combustible,” he said. “A lady who was sleeping inside woke up to a trailer full of smoke and kicked out a window to escape. She narrowly escaped with her life.”
In Florida, a man and his daughter escaped a burning fifth-wheel after their electric space heater began sparking and the rig filled with smoke. An as-yet-to-be identified man in Seminole, Okla., wasn’t so fortunate. Fire officials recovered his body from a travel trailer that had been heated with multiple space heaters.
K&Gs3400RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #23
Exnavydiver
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Land O Lakes
Posts: 2,737
M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
JimF, please find out who it was. This really bites. Having lost an apartment and my parents summer home to the "Beast" I am very aware of how fast things can go away in a cloud of smoke. Another reason I am glad I retired from firefighting... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #24
KathyandDave
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Shelburne
Posts: 688
M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
Late to this thread...I am shocked and sad for their loss. At the last fall rally in Goshen, I took the very short course in fire extinguisher operation and fire safety awareness from Exnavydiver Dave. I realize that I only scratched the surface. The next time you see him, I encourage everybody to ask Dave about what you can do to improve your odds.
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:17 AM   #25
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Driftwood
Posts: 1,376
M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Haven't been on the boards lately so I missed this post. So sorry to hear that this has happened. Prayers go out to this family.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:04 AM   #26
nghelwer
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Saginaw
Posts: 178
M.O.C. #7751
Sorry to hear about their loss.

At least their lives were spared, they can gradually replace monetary things however a life is a different thing.

We are keeping both of you in our prayers, may Yahweh Yirhe (the God who becomes your provision) bring about many blessings for each of you.

Gary & Nancy
nghelwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfer Switch Burned Up dreamers2010 Repairs & Service 11 04-25-2012 09:47 AM
No more burned food in the oven footloose Additions & Improvements 22 12-09-2009 04:26 AM
PLANT BURNED DOWN MEXICO ALAN General Discussions about our Montanas 5 05-11-2009 06:43 PM
Wires burned up Montana_2008 Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help 24 03-22-2006 01:16 AM
Burned water hose Garnzees Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help 1 06-26-2004 07:48 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.