Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
HOME! Our Montana is HOME!

Despite continuing winter weather conditions, we brought our Montana home from Bish's RV in Idaho Falls today. For those of you who don't know the "Idaho Falls Story," here's a recap: We took it in to Bish's RV for some one-year warranty work in July. Our rig was finally ready for pickup last month. Many crossed wires, changes in the service department, yada yada, were responsible for the extraordinary delay in getting the work done. However, once the problems were sorted out, Bish's and Keystone got on the ball and voila--our Montana is home.

We still have two fixes left on it--a double-hung window in the recliner slideout has to be replaced, and somehow that window was lost in the shuffle. It was ordered yesterday or will be ordered Monday, [s]I assume[/s]. (No, assuming is what helped our rig fall through the cracks originally, so I won't "assume." I'll call Bish's Monday to be SURE the window and rails are ordered.) The other fix is to the rails on which the sofa drawer slides, or doesn't, as in our case. The originals were re-installed more securely than they were at the factory, but the drawer didn't work right yesterday, so Wayne (not Wayne-the-hubby but Wayne-the-service-tech) said he'd order new rails for us. We appreciated Wayne-the-tech spending a LOT of time reacquainting us with our rig. We had several maintenance questions that he completely covered and then demonstrated for us.

I guess I could have thrown a good old-fashioned hissy fit (one of my areas of expertise) over the window and those rails, but Bish's has been so nice about working hard and fast to rectify all the problems we had when our rig was lost in the shuffle during the last 8 months that I know those two problems will be handled with the utmost efficiency. While making another 125-mile (one way) trip back to Idaho Falls wasn't in our plans, we do enjoy the shopping and Chinese food there, so it won't be too painful to have to return for the window and rail installation. I've always wanted to spend the night in the Wal-Mart parking lot, so I'll get my chance when we go back!

Again, thank you, Keystone, for stepping in so quickly when I asked for help and for continuing to follow up on the work that was being done. Thank you, Bish's, for all the things you've done to make up for letting our service work fall into a crack. We do understand, believe me.

By the way, while we waited to have new batteries installed yesterday, we sat in Bish's comfortable waiting area and watched a steady stream of folks come in with broken parts in their hands, or asking if they could get help with an RV problem they'd encountered while traveling over this Easter break. I don't think you'd find nicer, politer, or more helpful people than we saw swing into action to help all those customers. Everyone left with a smile, too.

Would we recommend Bish's as a place to buy an RV? You bet. In fact, when and if we trade our trailer in for another, we'll buy the next one from Bish's. Whatever problems Bish's had last year seem to have been solved.

Now . . . look for my next announcement which should be titled "WINDOW and RAILS INSTALLED!!!"

Carolyn

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
What great news!!!!!!!!!! It's good to hear this saga is coming to a good end. We hope you have many enjoyable days in your Montana
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Thanks, Charlie and Nila. We sure wish we were enjoying that beautiful desert scenery like you guys are. Getting back to Arizona is one of the things on our "Places to Go" list, for sure.

Great photo with your signature!

Carolyn
Old 04-12-2009, 02:21 AM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Way to go. I'm glad you finally have it where it belongs. I hope you get a chance to use it soon.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:30 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This has been a very interesting and informative saga and a tribute to keystones high quality service, customer support and workmanship.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:16 AM   #6
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Rich, I agree with you about Keystone's high quality service and willingness to go the extra mile for its customers. What has impressed me the most about Keystone is the way the customer service rep has kept in close contact with me to be sure things were getting done. Once Bish's had its problems sorted out, the service manager there also kept me in the loop regularly with regard to what was being done on our Montana.

While killing time at the dealership on Friday, we walked around the show lots, looking at Montanas, Mountaineers, and Big Skys--nice! And then we looked at all the SOB trade-ins, including some fairly new toy haulers. We couldn't help but notice how much more thought-out the floor plans were or how much nicer the finishes were on the Keystone products.

The best thing so far was getting our rig home, opening the slides, sitting down in the living room, and simply enjoying having "home" at home with us once more. It was like getting a new rig all over again!
Carolyn

Old 04-12-2009, 06:57 AM   #7
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Congrats on getting the Monty back. Ours will be "summerized" here in the next few days ready for another great season!
The Weekenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
Gramps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8903
Carolyn and Wayne, that is awesome news. Glad to hear your baby is home, now go out and enjoy it.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Glad it is finally home, our 3585SA should be at home following the final PDI this Friday and at the beach the following Wednesday.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Glad you finally got it resolved. You've got a lot more patience than I would have had. Best of luck now that you're through this ordeal.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #11
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Glad you can be on the road again!! Happy RVing..........
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Although we have had some problems, some serious, we have never had a problem with Keystone customer service.We have not interacted with a lot of dealers but the ones we did come in contact with were outstanding.We may have some not so pleasent things to say about the product but nothing but good things about the customer service.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote