Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2005, 05:09 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
About Hong Kong

For those of you that know how churches work, the Pastor Search Committee held a conference call with this AM. They called back three hours later and stated that they had sellected me and would make the presentation to the church this Sunday. Assuming that the body of the church agrees, in about a month, we will be in Hong Kong to begin as interim pastor of the International English Speaking Baptist Church of Hong Kong on an 18 month contract.

Your prayers are needed more than ever. We are excited and a bit frightened. When we told God we wanted a great adventure after retirement, I had no idea. I am overwhelmed.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:23 AM   #2
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Gods speed. We will miss you.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:26 PM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Stiles, it sounds like a wonderful opportunity to serve the Lord and have an adventure, too. Will you have internet connection over there? Maybe you can stay on the forum That would be great!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:29 PM   #4
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Stiles, We talk about our adventures with our Montanas, but it sounds as if you are about to embark on a true adventure of a lifetime! Frightened and overwhelmed would indeed be words that would come to mind if I were in your place. I can only imagine that the Lord has some plans for you there.

If Hong Kong is indeed where you are to be and though you cannot take the Montana with you, I certainly hope that you do have Internet access and remain a vital part of this forum!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:58 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Stiles,
I hope you can stay in contact. I understand the overwhelmed part. God speed. If you can't stay in contact, we will be anxiously awaiting your return.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:44 PM   #6
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
The Lord works in amazing ways and how wonderful that you both are so receptive to this need in China. You'll be blessed for sure. Of course we'll be praying for you, but I know the Lord's hands will be guiding you and His eyes watching over you and His strength protecting you. This is an adventure of a life time.

God bless you both and your family,

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:28 AM   #7
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
What a great adventure God has chosen for the both of you. May He bless you and guide you. Take care.

Dennis & Sharon
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 12:03 PM   #8
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Stiles,
Ann and I moved to Australia last year, actually one year ago yesterday. It is quit an experience and one we are glad we did not miss. One thing I did do was move very fast for the Government. We moved, PCS'd in six month. In doing so I missed some important planning. Mainly not knowing what the life style was here and the environment so I left some comfort things home that I should have brought.
Best of luck on your move and do not forget to take the camera.
Once in a life time experience.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 04:07 PM   #9
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Stiles,

You will do just fine, you would not have been called if you were not more than ready for this new challenge! It is very exciting and we will all be here praying for ya, and waiting for status reports! A couple of photos would be nice too!

God speed!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:07 AM   #10
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
God certainly does work in mysterious ways. This is a great opportunity for a wonderful experience. We wish you all the best. Hope you can keep in touch via the internet. God Bless.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:09 PM   #11
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. I plan to stay in touch.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:32 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Stiles, I think you already know we have you in our prayers. I think I already told you one of my former staff members is a native of Hong Kong. So here's a picture for you of Hong Kong Harbor at night. It certainly appears much more sophisticated here than I would have imagined. It looks like a truly great opportunity for the two of you. I hope you are able to stay in touch with all of us.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:43 PM   #13
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
Stiles, Yes it is truly a beautiful city, I have a similar picture of the one Steve just posted that I took back in the late 60's while I was there in the Navy. Its hard to tell but it doesnt appear to have changed much. I wish you the very best on your adventure.
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote