Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2007, 05:31 AM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Secure Horizons

Do any of the full timers that are old enough for Medicare have Secure Horizons? We are shopping for health insurance. Have a great plan now but expensive and only in certain states. It won't cover us when we go full time. I have to take RX for my heart so coverage of RX is important as the pills are very expensive ($400 per month).
Happy trails..................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:08 AM   #2
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
We are on secure Horizons, but we still have our stick house and are only gone for no more than 4 months at a time (their rule!) - ours is the HMO so our address has to be in their service area - they do have other plans that I suppose are similar to Blue Cross, AARP, etc. where you pay a premium - right now we pay 0 premium (just Medicare out of the old SS check) - Secure Horizons is now owned by United Healthcare - we have excellent care - when we get our lot in Benson, AZ they have 2 plans available there - one has 0 premium and the other about 60 per month - neither one has as good benefits as we have here - good luck in your search - healthcare is a problem these days!

Suzanne
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:54 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sue, there was a conversation in a MOC group recently about Sterling. I know nothing about it but the info that was on the table was pretty interesting and the others were impressed. Might be worth a look.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:29 AM   #4
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
That would be Sterling Option 1, without RX coverage, or Sterling Options 2, with RX Coverage. I've been researching also, Sue. Go to ====== Oops, it is not available in California.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:59 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Sharon, Judy, Suzanne
Thanks for the info but we won't be in California. We will have a South Dakota address. Secure Horizons is available there but no RX coverage. I'll check Sterling out and see if they are in SD.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote