Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2003, 09:20 AM   #1
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
New Owners!! First Experience

Well, as you can see our signature no longer says "soon to be owners". We took delivery on our Montana last Friday afternoon and set out for our weekend adventure. Geeze, we didn't read that thing about camping in your driveway first to get the feel of it...we just plunged right in. Left the dealer's parking lot with Tom towing a 5er for the first time. Believe me he got broken in with almost all the possibilities immediately. First through Atlanta traffic (at rush hour), then we headed for AL. Our destination, Smith Lake, was almost 300 miles away. As many of you know Friday evening there were severe thunderstorms and tornado watches in AL and Tom did a great job navigating the roads with the torrential rains. I was so proud of him. We arrived safely and were thrilled to discover our Montanta was tightly sealed and not a single leak. Our friends, Ernie & Telethia, met us near the site and we barely got set up before darkness set in. We popped a bottle of champagne and celebrated. We slept great and were surprised that even with Tom being 6'4" we had no problem with toes hanging over the end of the bed. Saturday morning we had a break in the weather long enough to adjust the leveling a little more. I have set up a website with some photos from the weekend at
http://home.mindspring.com/~jholroyd/montana/

We are now set up for the summer and so far have only found a couple minor problems which we were able to fix. One other problem I will discuss under another subject.

Overall we are excited and happy and looking forward to enjoying our Montana at Smith Lake on weekends this summer. If you are in the area, drop my and say "howdy". We always have some champagne in the fridge.

Tom & Joyce Holroyd
Fayetteville, GA
2003 Montana 3295RK
Ford Lariat 350 CC 4x4 6.0 Diesel

Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote