Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2005, 09:10 AM   #1
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
WE DID IT!!!!!!!

We have been working so hard for the past 5 years on our dreams of getting our new 5th wheel. We looked and looked. Looked at them all. Went to all the RV shows. When we found the new MONTANA we both knew that we had found our dream and now it has come true. We purchased the 2005 3400RL. We already had purchased the pull vehicle which is a 2002 Dodge Dually 1 Ton Deisel. We thought that we should start with the truck first. We got it new after looking at the Dodge specs and realizing that to pull the 5th wheel we were looking for we needed something BIG. And again, when we found it we knew it.
We are ready! We ordered everything there was to order for the new MONTANA. We plan on seeing our kids one in Colorado Springs, Colorado and Whitefish, Montana. Then we plan on going to Alaska. We are from California so this should be something really exciting. We also have 3 dogs. One is a black and tan coonhound(Lola), one a mutt(Ruffy), and a tiny one(Ginger)that I got from a former nurse that took care of me while I was in the hospital. She cryed when she had to give her up. Sweet. But we plan on crating the 2 medium sized ones while we travel. They are all good travelers. Can't leave them behind. They are our family.
By the way, let me introduce us. We are Paul and Kathi Landau. Paul is a retired electrical foreman, and I am a retired Laboratory Technician. Formaly a nurse. Hurt my back and retired from it all.
We will be so glad to meet all of you. This site has been a tremendous help in our plight for a successful experience. There is also someone special that I want to thank and that is Patty who has walked us through all of this. Thank You Patty.
Bye for now. Paul and Kathi

Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:19 AM   #2
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Welcome to MOC and congrats on making the right choice. I had to buy a few other brands of TT first before I realized I had to start looking and buy one that would suit us and be worth the money.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:27 AM   #3
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Congratulations and Welcome! We hope you enjoy your new Montana as much as we enjoy ours. Our daughter lives in Buena Vista, Colorado (west of Colorado Springs in the Arkansas Valley). We make a couple of trips there every year and stay in her yard in our Montana. I expect you may be as close to Colorado as we are. It takes us all day to get out of Texas
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:38 AM   #4
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
welcome and congrats!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:56 PM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome Kathi and Paul to the MOC.

The 3400 has a great floor plan and is one of our favorites. In all probability will be our next 5er.

BTW-- when you are ready to pick up that new rig don't forget the PDI (PreDelivery Inspection) Checklist.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 01:07 PM   #6
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Kathi and Paul, Welcome to the Montana Owner's Club. We are so excited for you and wish you many happy miles in your new wheel estate. Thanks for sharing with us and taking the time to post and introduce yourselves. We will be looking forward to you sharing your adventures with us.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 01:35 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations and welcome aboard! You have an excellent rig there. You have lots of good times and adventures ahead of you. There is a get together of some of our members from your part of the country this next May, up around Mt. Shasta. There's also an international rally (our second) near Reno, NV, in early October. You can find out more about these in the Rally section and the section on regional groups, or something like that. Let us know if you have trouble finding them and we'll steer you there.

Hope you have many years of enjoyment with the new rig. The 3400 is a beauty and probably our favorite of the new models, although they're all so nice making a choice would not be easy.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:29 PM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Wow, your excitement is effervescing. Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing something about yourselves. Sounds like you have exciting adventures planned. We'll look forward to your reports.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 02:26 AM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Welcome Kathi and Paul,
From a fellow Southern Californian and a fellow 3400 owner. We love ours and hope you do also. We totally agree as we looked and looked before we settle on the Montana 3400. We will be excited to hear about your travels especially Alaska because that is our plan in 2006 or 07 when we retire.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:33 AM   #10
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Congratulations on the new Montana, and welcome aboard! Sounds like you have some great adventures planned. We may be making the trip to Alaska ourselves in 2006 - have some relatives who want to pack up their 5th wheel and head north and would like us to join them with our Montana. You have many happy miles ahead of you.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:38 PM   #11
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Kathi welcome to the club and congratulations on your choice of Montana. I think you will find it is a great floor plan. Happy RVing!
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:07 AM   #12
Bear Hunter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2464
Welcome Kathi and Paul
Sounds like you folks really did your home work before you made your choice. Thats the way to go. We're sure you will have many happy voyages in the furture. We too are planing a trip to Alaska. We have done 2 cruises up there and can hardly wait to tour in our Montana. We put a small chest freezer in the closet designed for the washer/dryer. We plan to do a lot of fishing. Enjoy and stop to say Hi we you see other Montanas, you never know who you may meet. SEMPER FI
Bear Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:24 PM   #13
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome to the MOC. and Congrat on your new 3400.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:51 AM   #14
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome and congrats folks. I can feel your excitement, and those dogs, of course they are family. You can see those really in charge at our place by our signature!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote