Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Is it a fair price for Montana?

We have a 2002 Wildcat 27RL now, and been looking at Montanas. We have found 2 that we like. One was a 2003 Big Sky and in really good shape. The other one is a 2004 Big Sky and new. The dealer with the 2003 we didn't want to do business with and I think he could have come down on the price a little. The new one they have come down to $39,000 and it is very nice, with fireplace and etc. It is a 3295 RK. What is a fair price for these two? I have looked on line but have not seen anything or anyway we could compare. We will have a Montana sometime this year! Just don't want to pay too much.
Thanks

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:14 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
First of all, Welcome Dustytuu to the MOC.

Not sure if you are aware but the Big Sky is being discontinued. Taking that into consideration and he would rather move it out than sit on it until spring he may want to come down a bit more. $39,000 for a 3295RK Big Sky sounds like a good deal but I believe the dealer still has a bit more negotiating room.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:44 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to the MOC Forum. This is a good place for Monty's family and friends. You didn't mention what model 2003 you saw. Big Sky is being discontinued in name only, but it is more like being absorbed into the Montana due to the fact that Montanas are getting alot of the Big Sky options. The Cambridge takes its place as the top-of-the-line.

Whether you are quoted a good price depends on what options are included. One way to compare is to comparitively price the same floor plan of the same year Montana. You might get them to sweeten the deal with a washer and dryer or a hitch included.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:49 PM   #4
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We know the Big Sky is no longer made. That is why we are only looking at Big Skys. Not interested in the Cambridge because they are too expensive and too heavy. Both of these Montanas are 3295 RK. With all the goodies. The 2003 has the granite like counter tops and that is the only difference that I can think of. Oh yes and the 2004 has the convection/microwave oven. Both of course have the Big sky package.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #5
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Dustytuu,
I beleive we recently had one of our members offering a 2003 Big Sky for sale. You may want to check out the trading post section of this forum to get an idea of price. Go back to All Forums and go dowm to Trading Post topic.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:11 PM   #6
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I saw one Montana for sale but don't think it is a Big Sky. Thanks I will continue to check this out. I didn't know this site had anything like that. May be a good place to find what we are looking for.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:06 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Agree with Stiles except for a couple of things. At the Tampa RV Show a highly placed Keystone rep spoke to the group of us MOC'ers. He mentioned the current Montana has become what the Big Sky was, having absorbed most of the upgrades. The Cambridge, however, is not a replacement for the Big Sky. Rather, the Cambridge is a separate line, not handled by the Montana division. Not a big deal but that was pointed out to us at the show so just wanted to set the record straight.

That said, 39K for a loaded 3295RK Big Sky, 2004 model, sounds like a very decent deal to me. And Big Sky being discontinued is not really a negative. It's just an options package. So it won't be an orphan. Those BS's are nice.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:57 AM   #8
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Welcome,
I think it is a good deal! We all know the model is discontinued and that fact should enable you to negotiate a better price. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.
It would be a sharp 5er you could use for some time.
Good luck!
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:02 PM   #9
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Dustytuu -

If you go to All Forums, at the bottom is the trading post. You will find items for sale there. One good source of information is either the Kelly Blue Book or NASD book. They list RV's as well as cars. You could buy a book at Borders/Barnes & Noble, go to your lending institution or probably even do a search at the websites (Kelly Blue Book is www.kbb.com, I think). I have never done an online search for RV prices, but you probably can. Best of luck and welcome to the MOC.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote