Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2019, 07:44 AM   #1
dmaxgold

M.O.C. #22172
2018 Montana 3121RL Slide Creep

Looking for reputable service for warranty work, have slide creep problem on hydraulic living room slides, and loses auto level on auto leveling system. Located in Southwest Florida. Will be calling Keystone after New Year to set up with the warranty system.

dmaxgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:50 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
First thing, welcome to the forum! One thing you could check yourself, look for small leaks in the front compartment. On the right side looking in from the front my unit has a gang of connections and I found all of them loose and several of them dripping. Tightened them and all problems have stopped for the last year and a half.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:51 PM   #3
dmaxgold

M.O.C. #22172
DQDick
Thank you, all needed a 1/4 turn, hope that is solution. Do not think anything wrong with build. No significant leak, a small amount of fluid on check valve. We will see....
Old 01-03-2019, 07:28 PM   #4
dmaxgold

M.O.C. #22172
Still creeping, will have to check further
Old 01-04-2019, 09:17 AM   #5
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
On the way to the Goshen Rally in 2014 my slides started creeping out. The unit was a year old but had sat on lot for the whole time. I had it only a month or less. Tried closing the individual valve switches but didn't help. Called Tiara and took it in on last day in Goshen. After they had it a half day, they said they didn't have equipment to check such high pressure!!!!

However, they did get me in to Lippert the next morning at 7 a.m. Lippert didn't even check anything, they just said usually in this case it is the two biggest cylinders and just replaced them. Took a couple of extra hours for them to drive to the storage building near Notre Dame. On the road around noon. They creeped out a lesser amount on the way home and dealer just ran the slides in and out about 10 times and all was well.
So if the unit is new, try that. otherwise sounds like bad cylinders.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:21 AM   #6
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
you'll still need to get to your dealer even if you call keystone.

you are in an area where lots of rvers are getting service, call as soon as possible, it could be a month or longer for you to get in.

good luck
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:24 AM   #7
fatcatzzz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14438
Have you called Keystone? Don't wait, I was 2 months out of warranty when I got the creep on my 17' 3720 and Keystone covered it. But I was stuck in (been stuck in worst places) Billings MT. for three weeks while it got fixed. Mine was a bad piston seal on one of the slide cylinders. It was a process to say the least, had to jump through Keystone's hoops to get it fixed under warranty. A good hyd. shop could have fixed in a couple of days.
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:51 PM   #8
dmaxgold

M.O.C. #22172
Thanks for all the replies, my time is getting short, I live in Greenland and must depart soon. Unit will still be under warranty when I return so pursue getting it somewhere. Was hoping to drop off before leaving, but then I can't pickup, was going to see it dealer has delivery. Need to get it fixed under the warranty. We'll see, thanks for info on the cylinder, that sounds about right. They start creeping out within twelve hours.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:27 PM   #9
Studpuppy

M.O.C. #23103
Sorry for my intelligence level but what do you mean by got the creep or it creeps. Thanks
Studpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:48 PM   #10
CarWin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21110
They are talking about the slide room(s) slowly creeping out on their own after a period of time. It could be while in transit or could also be while in storage, it sounds like. Luckily,I haven't had that issue,YET...
CarWin is offline   Reply With Quote