Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Great Lakes Region
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
dlent
Established Member

M.O.C. #15737
Interested in Meeting in Jan/Feb for a Social Even

As a New owner of a Montana and after finding this GREAT forum, I thought it might be nice to get together, and meet up for a "social" sort of event to think about the Spring and Summer ahead.

In talking to my local dealer, they may help in providing a meeting place. I'm thinking it might be nice to have a "potluck" or such and just spend time enjoying the time, getting to know each other.

All just in the thinking stages.
Date: Sat or Sunday in January or February
Time: Mid to late afternoon.
What to bring: Passing dish, drink, etc
Cost: minimal

My dealer is located just West of Ann Arbor, MI. It would be my hope to get them to help out with the cost of the main course such as a ham.

Thoughts and ideas welcome.

Interested??

Please let us know, if interested.
Thanks

Dave and Vicki.

dlent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Sounds like a great idea and it's cool that you're working out the details. I just hope there aren't too many of us in Florida, Texas or like us Arizona. Wishing you good luck at working it out.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:57 AM   #3
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Sounds like fun. But like Dick said, sorta hard in Michigan when we're mostly all down south. Now if your interested, you can come bring a dish to pass right here, next to the pool on our Lanai and we can sit in the nice warm temps and meet. However, if that don't work, we'll be back at the campground in Ionia in June, come see us there.
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:23 AM   #4
dlent
Established Member

M.O.C. #15737
Goodness.....Now there's an idea. Let's meet someplace warm........

On a serious note: Might not be able to drive a large gathering. However, even a small gathering of folks, would
be enjoyable. One day, we too may be able to enjoy the warmth and sunshine during the winter months.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:40 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
dlent,

Post it. Pick a day.

Nope, cannot attend unless the winds blow us back to Michigan, but, there are others there. Some read and never post, so we may not be aware of them.

But, there is that issue that many of us are in warmer climes.

The way things happen here on the MOC is that we post. JUMP IN!

Our little holiday luncheon here in Tucson pulled 6 couples, we had a nice meal in a moderate priced restaurant. Small, cozy, pretty good eats that no one had to prepare or clean up after, and I believe we all had a wonderful visit.

That thing about 5 of the couples being full timers or retired full timers and little ole Carol and Al only being extreme long timers, interesting. LOL

Happy Holidays.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:53 AM   #6
Arizonacouple
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15914
Hi Dave and Vicki,

You have wonderful hearts and I'm glad you're one of us; excited and enthusiastic campers. However, I have to agree with most of my forum members, a ham in cold weather is just a ham.

Lots of luck,
Arizonacouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #7
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
My thoughts are unless this is an actual rally or a place where several campers are camping together (Not likely in winter), it might be easier to meet at a local restaurant. I think it would be especially difficult to have a potluck. Also, people generally like eating out and don't mind paying for their own lunches. JMHO. In any event, since we are now out west for the winter and are from NY I guess it doesn't involve us.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #8
Fritz7
Established Member

M.O.C. #13561
Hi!
I'm guessing your dealer is in Chelsea?? We are just a bit west of there and, unfortunately, we are
spending the winter here in Michigan. The past 10 yrs. we have been in Texas.
The idea of getting together sounds good but it would be hard to pick a date more than a couple
days ahead as mother nature could change plans in a hurry.
I'll keep reading if there are any updates. And too, I think a restaurant would be best.
Fritz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:02 AM   #9
dlent
Established Member

M.O.C. #15737
Len and Virgie. You're correct.

I plan to stop by the dealer tomorrow and check to see their level of commitment and/or willingness to assist in
any gathering.

Sounds like, based on those that have contributed here, the consensus is a restaurant might be best.
We're flexible and certainly do not want to take on something more involved and complex than necessary.

Stay tuned.
Thanks to all that have expressed their thoughts, suggestions and ideas.
It's appreciated.