Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2005, 09:15 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Pics of the Cambridge....

OK, I was able to get over to LazyDays and get some pictures. My timing was near perfect as the new owners were just getting ready to hooker up and head toward Texas. The second Cambridge was also there but it was also getting ready to head toward Michigan.
The Texas folks have been living in theirs for the past few days. Surprisingly they did allow me to take a few inside pictures.
The Cambridge
The last picture is the Laredo 5er that the Texans traded in.

Both rigs were being towed by 3/4 tons. One with an F250 PSD and the 2nd by a 2500HD D/A.

The Cambridge has the same floor plan as the 3400RL.

All I can say is this new Cambridge is gorgeous. The owners were kind enough to allow me to take some pics but as they were in a hurry to get on the road I didn't want to further intrude by asking a lot of questions.

In my opinion, although the Cambridge is a beautiful rig I feel the 3400RL is the better value for the buck. Of course I am saying this without knowing all the details/specifications about the new line.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 09:30 AM   #2
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Thanks Glenn, the outside is beautiful.

Guess I will have to make a trip down there to see it.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 09:54 AM   #3
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Thank you Glenn for sharing. The outside is gorgeous. The inside doesn't look hugely different than the 3400RL, but I know pictures never do anything justice. I am hoping and praying it doesn't take our breath away when we finally see one. The price tag is too high for us, even though it's guaranteed for temperatures down to Zero Degrees. With our winter camping that sure would be wonderful.

When the RV Shows start here I'm hoping to see one. I imagine our dealer will carry them.

Again Glenn, thank you.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
hodag
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #150
nice job with the photos. i agree with you on the value for dollar.
hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:20 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lightningjack11

Thanks Glenn, the outside is beautiful.

Guess I will have to make a trip down there to see it.

Better hurry, the one is already gone and the other will be gone shortly.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #6
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
WOW! Those exterior graphics are exceptional! Inside looks pretty good too! Zero degree capability sounds super.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:02 PM   #7
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Thanks for taking the time to photo and post Glenn. Love the graphics on the exterior. Will have to keep our eyes open for a Cambridge we can look at first hand. Maybe they will come out with additional floor plans in the future?? I love my rear kitchen even though the 3400 runs a close second.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:18 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Great photos, Glenn. Thanks. We stopped by there on our way out of town and saw the same one you saw. Actually, they had two there but both were sold. The first the salesman took us by was being loaded by its owners. They traded in a Wildwood. We didn't see that one. The other one was just put in the Delivery area and they let us see inside. Because the floors had just been cleaned they wouldn't let us walk around so we didn't see as much as you did. Vicki did take a couple of "unauthorized" steps and see up into the bedroom. We agree this is a gorgeous rig. I wish we could have roamed a bit but that wasn't in the cards. The salesman showed us his list. MSRP on this one was $80,5xx. I think they currently have just one model, right? I thought it interesting they'd recently sold both Cambridge's they have in stock. Already. But the salesman told us they deliver 70 to 80 rigs per day!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 02:01 PM   #9
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Thanks for the pictures, Glenn. I think we will get serios about looking. Vikki really likes the layout of the 3400RL. I like the Morryde suspension and some of the other detail features. Actually, I like the graphics on our BigSky. I guess the only way to do it is go look and compare and see who is dealing.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:46 PM   #10
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Thanks for the pictures. I noticed no ladder on the back to get up to the roof?! Did I miss it somewhere else?
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:56 AM   #11
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Thanks Glenn for the pictures....what can I can I say other than the outside looks great. I do not see too much difference on the inside over our rig other than one of the storage cabinets in the master bedroom has been moved from one side of the room to the other. I am sure there are other that one could see with a visual walk thru. The price is a show stopper for us at this point. I am sure this line will be a hit however as long as the quality is there to support the price.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:18 AM   #12
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
Looks like they added back-up lights, very nice unit, thanks Glenn. Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:54 AM   #13
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Neat graphics. But at that price I will be satisfied with the custom paint on our Big Sky.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:26 AM   #14
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Good pictures Glenn. Thanks for posting. The outside looks great but I agree on the value of the Montana line. My mind might change if I see one. Now, if they'd put disc brakes on it!!!!!
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 06:58 AM   #15
Montana_335
Established Member

M.O.C. #335
Great pics! I noticed the TV looks like the wall is straight and not angled like the 3400. The cabinet over the island in the kitchen area, that faces the dinette, has three open shelves in the 3400 in the picture there are doors with etched glass instead. Our 2004 3400 has a black metal range cover but it looks like this one has a cover to match the counter tops. I agree, the bedroom closet has been moved, I wonder if it takes space away from the full rear wall closet? Ours has the angled closet on the other side and holds the small TV. Love our 3400!!!!!

Cathy
Montana_335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:44 AM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
It's hard to tell from pictures but the woodwork was beautiful in this rig. It was just plain a gorgeous outfit.

Tom, you're probably too late. I see Glenn's pictures are dated Sunday. He said the owners were moving in. We were there the prior day when it had just been moved into the delivery area. The other Cambridge was being loaded by its new owners so I'd bet both are long gone by now.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:07 AM   #17
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Thanks Glen for the pictures. WOW what a rig!!! I'm wondering the same as Imp---where's the ladder?
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:39 AM   #18
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
I have a question regarding the backup lights. Most 7 pin wiring harnesses include a pin for backup lights. Does any one know where the wiring harness terminates to splice in my own backup lights.

When Backing up at night I get a serious glare from the truck to the trailer because of the built-in backup lights. I can put electrical tape over the trucks backup lights and still see my spotter (Donna) most of the time. However, backup lights on the back of the rig would be a great plus. Besides, if I have to back up on the street it would be nice to let people behind me know my intentions before I actually try to backup.

A backup beeper works too but is anoying to other campers. The lights may be also, but is less so than a beeper. I agree that setup should be done in daylight and I dislike backing up at night. Sometimes after leaving the CG backing up at home the lights would be most helpful though.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Chris, Donna and Max(the lhasa)
Old 01-21-2005, 10:14 PM   #19
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I was finally able to see the new Cambridge at the rv show today. This is really a neat coach, only found two things wrong that would really make me consider not buying one. Well make that three, 1). The coach sits very low in the front end, looks just like the Alfa 5th wheels do. This would be strictly a highway coach and watch for high ramps at the fueling stations. 2). The tv and fireplace sit straight in the slide cabinet. You have to swivel the tv around so those sitting in the chairs/recliners could see the tv. If you are not sitting on the sofa you wont be able to see the fireplace from any other location. 3). While there are many great upgrade features on this coach, the price at the rv show here was MSRP $81,395 sale price was $69,995. Still too rich for my blood.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 11:47 AM   #20
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
We just stopped into the RV show at the Dome Arena in Rochester, NY. A sales rep for Meyer's RV said they just received their first cambridge late last week and they hope to get it moved down to the RV show by mid-week. He also said that they have a new model with the French doors between the kitchen and living rooms and also hopes to get it down to the show. Since it's about 5 minutes from my job, I'll be stopping in later in the week to see if it's there. If we remember to bring the camera, we'll try to get some pics.

BTW, that show has 6 different Montana models, including the 3475 (which is still not listed on their website).
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote