Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2018, 05:25 PM   #21
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
As you can see you have people here that care, really care about you.
Lynwood

mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM   #22
edmck
Established Member

M.O.C. #22933
I'm a bit overwhelmed with the response to this thread, I never expected this at all. Thank you all for your thoughtful suggestions and heartfelt advice. I know it's important to get out and meet new people but it's hard. I could have handled this divorce better if I were younger but at this age I find it difficult to regain my balance. Perhaps I need a change of scenery to escape all of these painful memories. However this plays out I want to thank all of the kind people of this forum who took the time to offer their support. It's been a moving experience for me.
edmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:45 PM   #23
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmck View Post
... Wish I could have my life back.
Whoa friend! Sorry for you indeed. But, which part of your life do you want back exactly? The part where you had a wife that was cheating on you? The part before you found out she was cheating? The part where she wasn't yet cheating but was thinking about it? The part before her at all? You DO have your life back, without the cheating spouse! Find a new and interesting focus in life and make lemonade out of your lemons friend! Do NOT spend your days wishing you were back in your past!
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:07 PM   #24
The Veteran RVR

M.O.C. #22782
Another Yooper

Been there...

Getting my S&B ready to sell. Hitting the road in some brand of 5'ver. Love comes, it comes. If it doesn't, I'm still gonna enjoy every minute of being a traveling single.

Remember, there's a whole lot of women out there who also didn't see it coming...
The Veteran RVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:47 PM   #25
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
Well, the common thread here is your RV. Clean that Montanna and get it in tip-top shape. And someone's going to notice. And she may want to come see it. It just takes time, you can't push it. In the meantime enjoy what you have. You will eventrually have more.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:14 PM   #26
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Not to make light of a bad situation but at least you know how she feels about you and you can now more on rather than living in a bad marriage. I personally have been divorced and re-married and would rather be alone and happy then with someone who is fake and a phony.

In time you will feel better about this and hopefully you can see the light but in the meantime best of luck to you and wishing you better times going forward.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:15 PM   #27
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
When I was in that space after my devorce, I looked into Parents Without Partners which worked for me being pulled out of that black hole of depression. My wife and I found each other there 38 years ago.
Another group is called Single Parents Meet which you can also find a chapter near you.
Your kids can be young and with you or grown and gone on thier own.
Give them a look at, it will be a great meeting place for you.
Good luck,
Wheelhouse
Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:04 PM   #28
R&JCovington
Established Member

M.O.C. #20943
Loneliness

PLEASE heed the advice to find a good church group. Every person there will not be perfect (just forgiven) but you will find a much higher percentage of really good people that have your best interest at heart.
Also remember that when we are at our lowest, that is when Satan finds ample opportunity to move in. Prayers and good thoughts to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
When I was in that space after my devorce, I looked into Parents Without Partners which worked for me being pulled out of that black hole of depression. My wife and I found each other there 38 years ago.
Another group is called Single Parents Meet which you can also find a chapter near you.
Your kids can be young and with you or grown and gone on thier own.
Give them a look at, it will be a great meeting place for you.
Good luck,
Wheelhouse
R&JCovington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:04 PM   #29
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
You're living in a great place to get involved with some amateur astronomers. Many are near you. Great folks to hang out with. Most are non drinkers and non smokers.