Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2007, 07:32 AM   #21
traveljunkie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6224
We found a great fulltimers site, www.rv-dreams.com , where they discuss their own finances in great detail. They started fulltiming in their early 40's which is what we are hoping to do and their site has been a valuable resource. It's not a financial planning site, but discusses their investment dollars, budgets, plans for income, etc.. It's worth a look and probably more. There is a link for 'Financial Information' on the left hand menu. They have been very open which has made us realize that we could do it too.

traveljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:35 AM   #22
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Rich, if you have 1.98 left over at the end of the month - would consider us with a loan? You know one of the things that is keeping me from retiring at 62 is medical insurance. Right now my employer provides us medical insurance at a cost that is hard to refuse. Not sure if I started drawing from my 401K that after paying medical I would have anything left over to buy beer.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:39 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are so fortunate as retired Federal Employees to have medical coverage same as we had when employed.We still pay some.. @ Government 80% us 20% As a Retired Fed I am not allowed to "double dip" that is draw full SS and Gov pension although I paid into SS, and earned the benefit. I am allowed to draw a small portion of the SS that I earned that at least pays my Medicare premium.. We consider ourselves very fortunate. I have to thank that very younger version of myself for choosing Federal Service thereby taking care of this very older version. At least the benefits are comparatively secure unlike other large organizations.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote