Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HOBBY CENTRAL > Arts & Crafts
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2006, 03:54 AM   #21
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Al & Carol.
Actually, this will be the second plane I have built. Here are pictures of the first.
http://www.brickner.com/db/activitie...0Spec%201.html
I just sold that one. I'm diabetic and was having trouble keeping my medical. The new one I am building is classed a "Light Sport Aircraft" for which my driver's license can sub for a medical. Won't have pictures of that one for a while.
Dave

Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:31 AM   #22
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Dave, great pix of the plane, that is amazing!
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:51 AM   #23
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Dave,

SWEET!!!

How fast did that baby go?? Oh, man, it looks like it was FUN to fly! HAHA, not even close to a Cessna is it?? Or a Tripacer??
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:56 AM   #24
Rocky2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2840
Hi All,

I sew and have my sewing machine and serger along - found some cool bags that each fits in with side pockets for pedals and books etc.
My sewing gear is in a tackle box, a bag I got at JoAnn's for thread etc and two file boxes from Office Depot that open on either end or you can take the top off (they all go down in the "basement"). We are full timers so I have to constantly watch what I have with us. I have more stuff in our storage that I can get stuff from or add to if I have too much in the 5'er.
My favorite thing to make is tote bags but I have made everthing from a lined coat to bags. I enjoy it - when we stop at relatives I end up doing all their mending for them.

Laura
Rocky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:57 AM   #25
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Laura, where did you find the storage bags for the machines?? Those sound just what I need!!
Old 05-12-2006, 10:08 AM   #26
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Carol, they sell sewing machine bags at larger fabric stores. They're much like luggage on wheels and come in various sizes.

Laura, my challenge as we start fulltiming will be to cut back on my stash. I recently stored my fat quarters and fabric in a small suitcase that we will have onboard in case we need to take an airplane trip somewhere. So it serves two purposes. I will also store fabric in our storage unit so that it is available/accessible when I move on to other projects.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:27 AM   #27
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Judy, cause I like so many of us, has TOOOOOO many projects onhand, I have been staying OUT of fabric stores! fraid if I go in I'll buy more!

So, I will have a look at the cases and close my eyes as I walk past the crafts and fabric!

Thanks
Old 05-12-2006, 11:27 AM   #28
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I bet you don't get out of there without picking up a few yards! I don't go there either much, Carol. I sent three bags of fabric, large bags, to my stepmother as they make simple quilts to be sent overseas and they were out of fabric. Now I have two boxes of old jeans and denim skirts and some flannel and would like to make some denim quilts. They're good for picnic blankets and don't have to be lined because they are naturally very heavy. Has anyone made one?
Old 05-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #29
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Nope, have not, old jeans also make the cutest purses!! cut off the legs, the "bottom" part, the part that covers our "bottoms", makes the purse, sew up what was the leg openings, embelish to your hearts desire.

Could you come with me and act as blinders??? I cannot buy more! My secrete goal is to slowly downsize and clean up so, maybe some day Al and I can do more, sorta like maybe full time?? I am scanning and cleaning, in between living. My scanner is SMOKIN!! And will be for a LONG time to come.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #30
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
It's best to start working on it early. We have so many irons in the fire right now that you can't see the fire. The house has projects going on every table and the trailer is all torn up with our new projects and fix-its. But it will be worth it all when we finally get ready to fulltime and collapse for the first six months from exhaustion.

Carol, I would NOT be a good choice for blinders!
Old 05-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #31
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Judy, if you are gonna be traveling the midwest for 5 months, you don't have time to collapse!

I too have about every level surface of the house covered with projects, cept the grooming table, and let me tell you the kids would not mind one bit if I covered that! HA HA Tana is kinda buried too.

Heck, right now, I have to CLIMB out of this back portion of the office, there is stuff all over the floor too! SIGHH

Shoot Judy, I was counting on ya to help me out with that blinders thing!
Old 05-13-2006, 05:28 AM   #32
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
Hurray! Crafters all over the place. I'm letting Rich put all the stuff he wants, on board first... then look out! I figured I'd bring my crafting tools for a wide variety of crafts, then see how much room I have left for supplies. I've given serious consideration to picking out projects, assembling all the supplies into bags, then just take projects to do, instead of all the stuff I COULD bring. Helen
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 05:41 AM   #33
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
Could you come with me and act as blinders???

Carol, I'd be happy to be "blinders" for you... if we're in the same place at the same time. We aren't sure where we'll be..when... just yet. Our plan is to start in Yuma, Az then move down to the valley later in the winter.
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #34
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
sounds like there are a few others that need blinders or stay out of those stores! HA HA

I am gonna take a look tho, be brave, not turn my head, not drool, not look over towards the material or craft projects, (YEA RIGHT!!) and am gonna go have a look at cases for my sewing machine. I really enjoyed having it along and want to find a way to protect it and keep the lovely Texas dust out of it. I might even break out the surger, someone want to give me lessons on it, I have not used it in so long, I am not sure I can remember how to do ANYTHING on it!! (you don't want to know the ugly details)

Old 05-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #35
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Carol, if you and I entered a fabric store together, all you'd hear is "oh, Carol, look at that, look at this, did you see what's over there...." You get the idea. When I went to the Houston International Quilt Festival, I was so hyped that I literally could not fall asleep. So I'm sure I would be a bad influence.

I like the idea of preparing projects and taking them along in separate containers and just having the supplies that you need to make that one project. If you fulltime, you'll need a storage area where you can trade out projects and gather more supplies. The one room that I haven't attacked yet is my sewing room. It's a scarey thought.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:31 PM   #36
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Just hope Helen gives me advance notice on when she will move her "stuff" into the camper so I can rent a Hertz u-Haul to move it over there..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:09 PM   #37
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Actually Judy, I do preplan projects, I had a number of them with me in Texas last winter, did not even begin to put a dent in the pile (something about having tooo much fun! HA HA HA). But, I had all the colors of thread for the xstitch project, the stuff I needed to work on the pillow doll, the kits for the xmas stockings, the yarn for yorkie rescue blankets to crochet. I had everything I needed for each project. I do the same for research projects I want to work on, I take all the docs or files I need for the families I want to work on, or all the info I need for say, a cemetery project. The craft projects were all in their own tote, or bag, or something. Several are still in Tana for Gun Lake trips this summer.

Judy, I believe ya, I think maybe we better NOT hit a store together, it would be too stressful for the staff!>G>G>G>
Old 11-08-2006, 12:10 PM   #38
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
well didnt see any guys hobbies or crafts here (of course my glasses need cleaning!)but I can call myself a wildlife carver. I carve duck decoys (lifesize an 2/3 size) and detail them out pretty good. I also do songbirds especially the North Carolina wren (my favorite) I carry all my equipment in my monty (my home of course lol) Nancy does cross sticting and crochet. I'm also a pretty dang good peanut boiler too!!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:59 PM   #39
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Tom

PEANUT BOILING???

Oh, man, if you ever come to the Valley, Al will be beating down your door! He loves those things!

Do you add spices?? Which ones??
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #40
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
lol, yes Carol, I do the "hot N" spicy" peanuts also, an the "orignal" (salted) kind. Do you mean valley head ala ? lol, told you my glasses needed cleaning , I reread your post, but yes We do come to Texas some, we love the Texas hill country especially Kerrville, an all surrounding areas. plan on being out that way sometime after first of yr
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote