Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2005, 04:08 AM   #21
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We had a similar reaction to the Air Force campsites in Alaska. I'm afraid the Army wins hands down on this one. Their facilities were almost always better than the Air Force, especially in Seward. If any retired military plan to go to Alaska and want to camp at Seward Resort, be sure to get your reservation as early as possible. It is truly a resort with wonderful accomodations. They have the best prices on fishing charters, too, which should be booked when you make your reservations if you want the better price. The Air Force camp at Seward is just a parking lot with old facilities but they do have the free wireless. I just drove down the block from the Army facility and used the Air Force connection.

I'd forgotten about the free laundry. Nice amenity, for sure. We drove through Elmendorf and they were doing some grading on some of the sites because they'd had a lot of rain and it hadn't been well planned or something. Nothing appealed to us so we returned to the Army camp. We're also retired Air Force, by the way.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:37 PM   #22
Montana_4397
Established Member

M.O.C. #4397
I've heard that the Air Force RV facility at Seward closed at the end of the season. I suspect that the Army MWR will take it over and improve it also. They need the extra space. At one time, the Air Force ran the Charter boats also, but let them go over the years.

Have a good warm winter. I drove up to Knoxville today, and I-75 South was full of RV's. The Flying J Plaza was a madhouse.

Best Regards, Ted
Montana_4397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:50 PM   #23
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
The AF facility was in sad shape when we were there in August. It was mostly antiquated and badly in need of upgrading. Sure would be nice to see Seward Resort expand.

We're now in Fort Worth with a gaggle of RVs, too, many here for the Cotton Bowl so it looks like we brought Alabama with us!
Old 12-30-2005, 06:36 PM   #24
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Judy
New phase - gaggle - I like it - goes with snowbirds! Stay warm and have fun!
Happy trails.................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:15 AM   #25
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Nice connection, Sue. I guess I are one!