Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2007, 06:05 AM   #1
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
ANY IDEAS

My wife and I have a couple of weeks (2-3) to kill in late September/early October. We are going to visit some friends in Vermont the last week of september and will most likely visit with them for 3-5 days. We are looking for other adventures in the 300-800 mile range from Burlington Vermont. WE were thinking of heading to the outer banks (maybe). Basically were are trying to get some ideas on fall touring and where and what other members have done. Home port is Andover Ohio so we would be going from Andover to Burlington to wherever back to Andover. Any suggestions on destinations/camp grounds would be a big help. Thanks in advance gjetzen

gjetzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:10 AM   #2
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Since your from Ohio maybe you'd like a little time on the Atlantic ocean. There are no easy ways to move West to East in Northern New England but if you can figure it out you might consider heading to Acadia National Park near Bangor Maine (300 miles). Its a beautiful spot with quite a number of good campgrounds to choose from. From there you could take a nice trip down Route 1 which hugs the coastline of Maine with a stop in Camden. The foliage starts to turn in early October as well. We're biased of course having been raised in New England but we think you would enjoy the trip. If you would like campground suggestions send an email and we can tell you where we have stayed.
If that trip is too much out of the way for you consider getting yourself on Route 93 south into NH and spend some time in the White Mountains around Franconia Notch or Lincoln, NH.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
Thanks to the Hansons for the advice. I have been to Acadia National Park but my wife has not. That is really a great suggestion and one that the wife may buy into. I am going to pass the info onto my wife and let her decide what she wants to do (although I think she may want to go somewhere a little warmer). Thanks again and I will keep you posted gjetzen
gjetzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Yes! At 1,532 feet, Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park is the highest point along the North Atlantic seaboard and is the first place to view sunrise in the United States.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote