Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2005, 08:07 AM   #1
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Hello World

Hello, joinng my husband who is already a member of this forum as "padredw". I may have something of my own to contribute later. I am the one responsible for our having the Montana!

countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:07 AM   #2
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Hello Countrygirl,

Any Wife of the Padre's is a Wife of mine. Wait a minute that's not the way it goes. Any friend of the Padre's is a friend of mine.

We look forward to reading your posts.

Happy Camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:17 AM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome countrygirl, We are so glad to have You here with us and we look forward to hearing from you.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:53 AM   #4
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
I am sure you have something to contribute. I know my wife does all the time.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:53 AM   #5
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
PrariePoodle,
I enjoyed your pictures and the wonderful job you did of personlizing your Montana. I love the curtains and bedskirt. I haven't thought of doing that, so you gave me some ideas about doing something in our rig. We really love our Montana, and feel so much at home in it.
It has all of the conveniences of home, and that is what I like. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. Countrygirl
Old 01-08-2005, 10:10 AM   #6
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Thank you countrygirl, I had so much fun doing it and now have made afgans and other things that blend in. If I can be of any help just email me. Have fun making your Montana your home on wheels.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:26 PM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome countrygirl, I really wish I could get Lorraine to contribute on here but she justs like being in the background. It is also because of Lorraine that we have a Montana. If it wasn't for her we wouldn't have a Montana or any other RV for that matter. She's the accountant in the family and it's her creative financing that keeps us afloat. Left up to me we'd be fulltimng in a pup tent.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 01:01 PM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Countrygirl, where the heck is Ore, Tx? I guess I could look it up, but then I might not have nuthin' to write. I might say, "Welcome to the MOC." but you already know that. I am glad you came out of the closet. If "padre" means your hubby is a preacher currently or retired, he needs your help. I know I need Dianna's. Haven't got her on yet. She is tied up with her emails. Anyhow, glad your here.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #9
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I'm gonna jump in here (countrygirl is writing her own answer) to tell Stiles and all that Ore City is 20 miles North of Longview in the prettiest and most overlooked part of Texas. Closer to Shreveport than to Dallas. Part of the South and not of the West or even Southwest. I am tempted to go on, but that would exceed the intended purpose of this forum. I think my wife has excited more response in one post than I have in over a hundred! But then, I am used to that.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 01:34 PM   #10
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Hi again folks, Glad that you are glad that I joined this bunch of people that really know how to have a great time RVing. We love having our own home, but we feel like our Montana is our second home.
I was the one about 8 yrs. ago that kept saying to my preacher man....hey, we need a trailer. So, I finally convinced him that backpacking was for much younger folks....I have been there and done that but, I retired from backpacking in the mountains of Colorado when I turned 45 yrs. old. Aren't you proud of me? Anyway, pulling a trailer was not what he wanted to do. But, as time went on.....I finally twisted his arm enough that we bought one. Now, this is our third trailer since retirement. This is our favorite trailer of the three. It has everything we need and it is just right in size for us.
We don't need a larger one...it fits the bill in every respect.
Hey , life is good and having a good time Rving is what I call a wonderful life of meeting new folks such as ya'll.
Countrygirl or Shirley
Old 01-08-2005, 02:29 PM   #11
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Welcome Countrygirl,
First a word to Padredw: What are you trying to do ruin it for us natives?! I was born in Gilmer and have relatives all around that area. Had an aunt that lived very near Ore City. It is beautiful country isn't it! When I try to describe this place to folks who have only been in West Texas they cannot believe that it is the same state!

You've found a whole new family here on the MOC. Enjoy and post often.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome, Countrygirl! We hope you folks can make it to the Reno rally in October. We had a great time at the first "international" rally in Indiana this past September. So much so that Vicki then became very interested in getting her own userid for this forum. This is a great group of people and we're glad to include you in that. We have really enjoyed your husband's posts and I'm sure we'll enjoy yours, too. Plus, you can keep him on the straight and narrow.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 03:20 PM   #13
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Dennis, as I said, my wife gets more response in one day than I've had the whole time I've been on the forum!

Glad to get to know you folks with Upshur County origins. As for the "Hills" of Upshur County, I know many of them. I went to high school in New Diana and had several schoolmates with that surname. Myrtle Lee (Bland) Hill was my distant cousin (through the Blands, of course, not the Hill family into which she married). Mr. J. B. Hill and I are partners in crime at restoring an old Farmall Cub tractor. I don't know whether these have any connection with your "Hills".

We have enjoyed seeing your photos. Shirley saw them for the first time tonight, but I had looked at your Montana photos earlier.

Do you ever get back to "this your own, your native land"? It's been a long time, but we want to make an RV trip out to California before too long. We have good friends in Glendale. They were just here at Thanksgiving.

Need to make clear that this is Padredw posting at Countrygirl's computer

Enough visiting for us country folks. You all come to see us sometime. Our homepage is at the link below.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:12 PM   #14
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by countrygirl

Dennis, as I said, my wife gets more response in one day than I've had the whole time I've been on the forum!

Padredw,
Funny how that works! I've discovered over the past few years that one never knows which post will bring on the responses. Ones that I thought for sure would get things going went nowhere and others burned down the barn! You just never know.

Glad to get to know you folks with Upshur County origins. As for the "Hills" of Upshur County, I know many of them. I went to high school in New Diana and had several schoolmates with that surname. Myrtle Lee (Bland) Hill was my distant cousin (through the Blands, of course, not the Hill family into which she married). Mr. J. B. Hill and I are partners in crime at restoring an old Farmall Cub tractor. I don't know whether these have any connection with your "Hills".

Most of my "Hill" relatives are in the Dallas area. It's the "Thomas" side of the family around the Longview area. But I'm glad you've known some "Hills".

We have enjoyed seeing your photos. Shirley saw them for the first time tonight, but I had looked at your Montana photos earlier.

We have really enjoyed our Montana. The most enjoyable part of all of this, of course, is meeting all the wonderful folks RVing out there.

Do you ever get back to "this your own, your native land"? It's been a long time, but we want to make an RV trip out to California before too long. We have good friends in Glendale. They were just here at Thanksgiving.

We do get back there but not often. We do plan in the next couple of years to get "down home". If you make it out to Glendale you'll have to come on up to Bakersfield.

Thanks for stopping by and saying "Hello". Ya'll come now, hear!

HamRad

Need to make clear that this is Padredw posting at Countrygirl's computer

Enough visiting for us country folks. You all come to see us sometime. Our homepage is at the link below.
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:02 AM   #15
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Next time you're back in home country, you must give us a call (just to see if we are at home and not on the road). BTW, our home page is NOT on that link. That is just a photo of our RV. The home page is now on one of the icons above our posts (the little 'doghouse').
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:24 AM   #16
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
It's so nice to have another gal as an addition on MOC. I'm pretty sure the guys out number us? I do think we're gaining some speed there though.

Shirley/Country Girl, welcome aboard! I just looked at the picture of your rig, boy is that a great picture. The surrounding look beautiful, where is that?

I'll be looking forward to reading your future postings. Again Welcome to MOC.

Patty

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:17 AM   #17
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Hi, and thanks for making me feel very much at home in this forum for Montana owners. It is already a lot of fun checking to see each day if I have any responses. And fortunately, I did today.
We are already talking about when we are going to start RVing again. As soon as the weather gets better and a little warmer, we will head out someplace. Padre said just a day or two ago that it had been too long since we took a little RV trip. Yes, it has....so maybe we will soon.
I do wish that we could come to the rally that was mentioned . We've not attended one of those and I think it would be fun to meet some of you Montana friends. We are thinking of going to California before too long and maybe that will be included on our trip.
Keep the messages coming..maybe that I can answer some questions about something that you might need some help with....I'm talking inside the unit. If I can help...I will.
BB for now, Countrygirl or Shirley
Old 01-10-2005, 03:18 PM   #18
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Shirley, at the rally in Indiana in September we had 67 rigs there and a lot of truly terrific people. We had a great time and look forward to the rally in Reno. Sure hope you folks can make it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:02 PM   #19
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Welcome Countrygirl, Even though our signature says Tom & Joyce, I (Joyce) do the posting. Of course I always share all the great info with Tom. Tom also gives me ideas to post occassionally. Now Glenn we will just have to work on getting Lorraine to share...however, I just bet, like Tom, she ocassionally has some input into your posts. TeeHee We always need input from the male and female side for ideas.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:50 AM   #20
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome CountryGirl, we all have our own personality and expression go for it....
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote