Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #21
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
I also did your mod with cutting down the sleeves. http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=45086 . There also was no tape between the ceiling and the duct work so I taped that. So far so good. Not one freeze up and it's actually cooler in here than it has been since we bought this thing. It's 94 outside right now and the kitchen is 78 with the living room 79 and the thermostat set at 75. I've never been able to cool this thing more than 10 degrees when setting in direct sunlight before. Sure is hot here in the high desert at Gallup New Mexico.

Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #22
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Wonderful! I'm glad it is behaving. It is pretty where you are. If you tire of the heat, come to Loveland Colorado. The Chamber of Commerce gives us a quarter for every RV we bring in
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #23
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
We'd love to but Carols assignment isn't up until July 30th so we're stuck here for a while. Guess you'll just have to lose our 2 bits. BTW, 95 outside and 77 in the living room. The thing may be working too good, wow. I may have to turn one of the fans off we use to stir the air. That would be a first.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #24
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Day 2 of the fix. Air is working perfect. Cycling off and on just like it's supposed to do and no freezing up. 90 outside, 76 inside. Looks like it may be fixed. Guess it's a good thing I'm good at screwing things up, other wise I'd have nothing to do and would have to work on that honey do list, that or go fishing. Thanks Ozz and everybody else for your help.