Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Someone asked

From my post about using the LevelUp system to jack up the side, someone asked in a PM about my approach to the "X-Factor". I thought I would post that description for all to read. I am sure there are better designs and better ideas. This is just what I did.

I am using 5", 3/16" thick flat bar, cut 8" long. Four 7/16" holes are drilled into each flange on the same hole pattern as the Mor/ryde equalizer. This allows a bit of extra clearance on the 3/8" bolts should my alignment not be precise.

Then on one flange, I centered and welded 2-1/2" OD, 3/16" wall square tubing. That piece is 60" long. On the other flange I centered and welded a one foot long, 2" OD 3/16" wall square tubing.

This slips onto the 2-1/2" tubing much in the same way as receiver hitches do. A hole to receive a 1/2" #8 bolt is drilled through both tubes. The hole in the outer tube is slotted lengthwise to the tube to facilitate final fitting up. This is the last bolt to be tightened.

Before installing, I painted the parts with Rust Oleum gray paint I had left over from repainting my hitch.

Hope this description helps.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Stiles,

Sounds good, post a picture or two when you get a chance.

I am still debating on building from scratch, or just buy the X-Factor bar.

I have the wet bolts to put in also, but need to find a level place to do it. Don't think the storage place would be happy if I tried to do it there, guess I need to read my contract again, pretty sure there was something in there about repairs on the property.

7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote