Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2005, 04:52 AM   #1
Sharon Williamson
Established Member

M.O.C. #2135
EVEREST MODEL BETTER THAN MONTANA?

I HAD A DEALER TELL ME THAT THE EVEREST IS A STEP ABOVE THE MONTANA AND A STEP BELOW THE CAMBRIDGE. IS THIS SO? I'VE NOT SEEN THAT MENTIONED ON THIS WEBSITE. WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?

Sharon Williamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:20 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
There was a discussion somewhat related to this topic earlier, Sharon. The general conclusion seemed to be that the Everest has more "eye candy", much like the Big Sky.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:18 PM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Sharon, try a search on "Keystone 5vers in order"
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:33 AM   #4
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
We parked next to an Everest for a week last month in Waves, NC. Got quite friendly with the owners and we showed each other around our rigs. Theirs is finished at a trim level inside very similar to Montanas. I think Montana does a better job of the insulated belly as theirs was covered with what appeared to be black corrogated plastic similar to the stuff you see signs printed on. It didn't look as sturdy as what we have. Other than that you could have mistaken the coach for a Montana.
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:31 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have examined both of them closely and see no real difference..Can't understand whay they make both brands,It is sort of like the Chevy and the GMC brand of truck
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 05:03 AM   #6
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
I would imagine it is just business sense. For example, Montana dealers control a certain area for selling Montanas. No one can sell Montanas in their area except them which of course may limit sales but provides security for the dealers. But if you produce a different model at the same level you can have Everest dealers in the same area as the Montana dealers. The Montana division thinks Montana. The Everest division think Everest. But Keystone thinks Keystone. Besides I think there is a brotherhood competition going on for the owners.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 05:14 AM   #7
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We have friends who have an Everest model very similar to ours. There are some things I like about their model but overall I think our Montana has more options. We have the better countertop. Their pantry is better. We have the built-in computer table and storage in the dining chairs. Their bathroom sink counter and cabinet is larger, but I don't like their drawer, cabinet, and closet configuration. If I had to choose between the two I would choose the Montana.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:29 PM   #8
Tall Paul
Established Member

M.O.C. #2385
I think the Montanas and Everests are so close, the I sneak around MOC looking for ideas for my Everest . There certainly are differences (Pros and Cons for both), but I think they are very similar. The only place I find Montana's to be FAR superior, is because it has this great group of owners.

BTW, I do LOVE my Everest.
Tall Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:36 PM   #9
Montana_4221
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4221
When we were shopping, we looked at everest before purchasing our montana. I also called keystone and asked them which was better, they said that both were comparable, but the montana was a step above the everest. We love our montana and are happy we chose it.
Diana
Montana_4221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:52 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We were told by a Keystone exec, when we asked, that both the Montana and the Everest have the same total budget, per rig. The biggest differences are the Everest has nicer appointments and the Montana spends more of its budget on construction detail. For example, the Montana has attic vents on the roof to vent moisture. The Everest does not. Thus, the Montana is the better choice for extended stays, like more than a weekend, in my opinion. The Everest is nice and is a good choice but maybe a slightly different audience. However, because of the nicer interior appointments dealers tend to tell people it's a cut above the Montana. But that's not true.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote