Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2008, 07:19 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Carefree Awning

Unknowingly, we retracted the awning by pushing the "extend" button last evening, so it rolled up backward. When I tried to extend it this morning, it would not work. I could hear the motor running for a short span of time, then nothing.

Got online for Carefree Awning troubleshooting, nothing relevant. I was about ready to call the dealer, but asked Dianna to test it one more time. Bingo!! Out it goes. Dianna then said that she inadvertently pushed the "retract" button instead of the "extend" button. After it rolled all the way out and stopped, she pressed the "retract" button again and the awning began to retract. I didn't know it would do that, but I am glad it ain't broke.....

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I have done that several times, just reached around the corner and hit the button and since it was dark outside I just watched it come in and not how it was rolling. In the morning when I noticed what I had done I reversed it but it was stuck a bit so had Betsy hit the button while I pulled out on the main frame and as soon as it popped loose it worked fine. Now I always watch which side of the paddle switch I hit and watch how it is rolling just another senior moment... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
So I guess 2 wrongs CAN make a right ??
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote