Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2013, 04:53 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
A weighty topic.... and healthy one as well

I saw a spot on the Telly about diet, they featured a diet App called MyFitnessPal.com since I graduated from my old dumb phone to the Smarty phone recently, I figured I would try it.
Cool Beans.. it has such an easy menu.. pardon the pun, (I think that is a pun, maybe not) for navigation around in it. If you want to set it up and work within it on your computer, you can do that as well.
They have a very large data base of foods you can select from when you are logging what you eat, morning, noon and evenings, plus snacks.
I was on a hike yesterday and had a trail bar instead of lunch, I sat down and just scanned the code dealie with the phone and it popped up with all the information, calories, full name of the bar and all the fat grams and such. It lists exercise and how many calories you burn as well daily.
I thought I would lose 10 pounds as a goal, I put in my current weight of 215 with my boots on, each day after entering my 3 meals and snacks, it tells you, If you eat the same way every day, you will weigh 208.. or 210, or whatever.
(I could just take my boots off and achieve most of my goal)
It is neat, you can see what foods and what 'extras' you are eating that add weight, and reduce the amount, or less margarine, coffee creamer, portions, whatever.
Did you know some coffee brands are around 5 calories?
Even if you are not serious about weight loss, it would help in the good health category.. but I guess they are tied together anyway.
Look it up and check it out. It's FREE

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:03 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
A few years ago, when I was still working at the DQ, I entered a contest at our "life center" to lose body fat. I was working out at the life center then and eating almost 3 meals a day at the DQ. Using http://www.myfitnesspal.com the online version and the DQ nutrition calculator http://www.idq.com/NCPublic/ I won the contest. Now I'm trying to lose some more so I'm back at myfitnesspal. As Ozz says, great website if you want to control your weight. It's kind of nice to be able to put on last years shorts without having to unbutton or unzip them.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #3
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Ozz get some kangaroo boots they are lighter.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
This would be a 'Bump'
Old 09-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
"My Fitness Pal" is a great little app. I used it to get down from 205 to 183--I'm up a bit from that low, but it's not the fault of the program. I just quit using it while on a month long RV trip, but I am prepared to "crank it up" if I get past my personal red line. I highly recommend it.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #6
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Ozz, you have influenced my life once more. Have started using MyFitnessPal based on this Thread. Have gradually moved up about 30 lbs over maybe last 30 years. Started using MyFitnessPal on 08/20/13 and am so far so good. No diet here, just portion control and trying to make my eating habits become more purpose filled. Thanks for the Thread.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
You bet Garry, that is easy to do it your way, with the help of the App, it is amazing how you can cut back and still eat good. It is nice to monitor your eating habits.
I'm proud of you!
Old 09-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Does that mean my beef and bourbon diet is not good???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Oh, it's good... you young whipper-snappers can do that