Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Norcold Recall

I read with interest Jim's (Ozz) post on the Dometic. Many don't know that there is a recall on both the Dometic and Norcold refrigerators.

Someone mentioned that they had their Norcold Recall done 2 or 3 years ago. The most recent Norcold Recall is back in the Fall of 2010. The newest recall changes the thermocouple in the stack that feeds the black box cutoff should overheating occur.

Please, please, if you own a Norcold check the Norcold Recall Web site for guidance on seeing if you are affected.

And if you have a Dometic, please check their web site for recall updates.

Your life could depend on it.

Also, check the NHTSA RV items and you will find things like this:

QUOTE:]Certain Keystone RV Co. (2011) Sprinter, Cougar and Fuzion travel trailers equipped with Siemens and Murray one-inch plug-in circuit breakers. The “spring clip” plug-in assembly may break or fail to provide sufficient force to maintain a proper electrical connection in the panel board.[UNQUOTE]

Remember SAFETY.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good man, Wayne.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Don't think I said 2 or 3 years ago. Got the Norcold done since January after I got the notice in December.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Norcold had a recall a few years ago (I'll check the poster at our RV park) that said they'd pay $50 to the owner as compensation for their inconvenience. And, yes, Norcold had another recall last fall.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:28 AM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Stiles,

Get rid of that guilty face!
It wasn't you, and I wasn't going to pick on anyone.

Others are on track that there was a recall 2-3 years ago, and I wouldn't want someone sitting there thinking they were safe when there was another one last fall, around October. Some of the dealers didn't get fliers out to people until Jan-Mar 2011 time frame. That's not a very satisfactory timeline when possible lives are at stake.

I ask this of all members. When you are in a campground and talking to your neighbors, please mention that there was a recall on Dometic and Norcold refirgerators lately. Maybe someone needs to get the word and you can be the person to give it to them. "Hey, did you hear that there was a recall on Dometic and Norcold refrigerators?" Take it from there.

Happy trails.

Edited: Remember that the lives you save may be your own when you consider that your neighbors are safely modified, and you are also.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote