Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2005, 09:17 AM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Does anyone have a spare fuel lift pump?

They don't have one in Alaska, not Fairbanks or Anchorage. So they're going to try to overnite one, but 'overnite' up here is usually at least 2 days. So guess where we are???? DENALI! It's getting a little old. Might have to go for another bowl of salmon chowder.

We brought our blue tote and had thoughts that it was the wrong decision, but now we know better. So we're here until at least Saturday. Come on over for coffee when you're free.

Oh, I forgot to mention some good news. Apparently this will be covered by our insurance. That's a big relief. The Dodge dealer is still saying that it's bad fuel.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:24 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Goodness Judy,

Sorry to hear bout this. But, the insurance news is GREAT!!!!!

Think you could send that coffee via MOC, I kinda doubt I can get up that way for your kind inviation.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Judy, So sorry to hear that you are having more problems but hang in there I know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. You all are taking this really well, me I would be climbing the walls. Like Carol says we will take our coffee via MOC but wish it could be in person.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #4
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Judy I will have to have my coffee just as Linda and Carol are. I'm sorry to read about your troubles but sure glad the insurance is going to help.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:01 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I really think y'all should just come on over!
Old 08-03-2005, 11:12 AM   #6
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Judy, just sit tight. I have found that these things usually happen for a reason. You never know what could be up the road from you. Maybe something that could be permanent. That the insurance wouldn't cover. My mom always says "This to shall pass'. And "God doesn't close one door that he doesn't open another". She is pretty savvy in her old age. Judging from the pic in your post it is beautiful there. Lets pray that after this there WILL be no more problems. Everything will go smoothly. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:56 AM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, Kathi, for the encouragement. We believe that God has a purpose in everything and we may never know what it is in this case but we trust Him for all things. We are doing well and comfortable with a full stock of groceries, propane, and now emptied tanks. So we're certainly good indefinitely, although we hope that it won't take too much longer. We have some reservations down at Seward starting on Sunday and we would really like to make them. Time will tell.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:33 PM   #8
jerryb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #137
It's a fairly common problem with the Cummins, and the replacement should be in the tank instead of on the engine. Another problem is that sometimes if they are driven a while with a weak lift pump, the injection pump goes too. G.M. has the same problem with their gas engines, not running low on fuel helps.
jerryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:11 PM   #9
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
I'll pass on the coffee but if you could send some of that salmon chowder I would appreciate it. Glad you're getting closer to getting back on the road.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:26 PM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Apparently the contaminated fuel damaged the fuel lift pump. Dodge still maintains that it is from contaminated fuel.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:06 AM   #11
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
We just took our truck in for the lift pump replace, found a dealer finally that would do it. It should be aa recall, but...... If it was me, I would send Dodge a bill for all your expenses etc. They know the pumps are going so they should be doing whatever they can to keep us happy. All the places we went to before this one in Lethbride said we can do anything until it goes.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:28 AM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Interesting post, SMC. We'll keep you informed. So far Dodge is saying it's a contaminated fuel problem, but the insurance company has asking for a fuel sample. This story isn't over yet. The lift pump isn't in yet but we're supposed to call at noon to see if it has arrived this morning. Overnite just isn't overnight in Alaska. But the weather is beautiful here, 59', sunny and everybody's going barefoot.