Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2010, 03:19 AM   #1
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
Instant Dish setup

Well I can go to RV heaven! We are in Santa Fe and I took out the Dish, tripod etc. set up the az and el to what the campground said went in turn on the receiver went to setup and had an instant lock on 110 and 119 Never thought that would happen! Smiled the rest of the afternoon.

Buffpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:39 AM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
You should run right out and buy lotto tickets, you are one lucky guy.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:19 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I have been so frustrated in trying to set up a Dish Satellite portable antenna. One time I tried for two hours to get the signal and could not do it. As stated, frustrated I went in side, and a drink, and as it was getting dusk decided to move it out of the pathway that it was in. picked the whole thing up and set it behind the RV. I didn't want to spend the time taking it down so I pinned it to the ground. Went inside and had all 3 satellites. Talk about being flabbergasted!!

I never had that happen again and it still took a long time to set up, so I broke down and purchased the "Carry Out," by Winegarten. Haven't regretted that move from day one.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:23 AM   #4
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Lucky, lucky, you! Our dish has a dent on one side from where it has taken a hit to the ground more times than one by the hubby at frustration mode. Each time he would start to set it up I would think here he goes! Finally bought the automatic winegaurd and retired the manual dented one. Our RV neighbors are sure disappointed. Loss the entertainment for the day. Worth it's weight in gold!
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
That dish almost caused a devorce in my family due to set up proceedures, the more you set it up the better you get. so far I have hit it twice as you have, I was so happy I went and had a cold one and watched TV.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
Oh, the memories. I remember those days of spending hours trying to get signal. I remember pulling into a KOA in central Oregon on a stop over trip. Went out and spent almost an hour playing with the setup till I finally got it. Went inside and noticed the weather getting dark. Turned on the weather channel in time to see the severe weather warning for the local area. About this time, the wind picks up, pulls the anchor out and the setup heads for Kansas.

After several minutes of having a potty mouth, I retrieved the dish, put it away and hooked up to cable (all 5 channels.) Also bought the Winegard and only had a few potty mouth moments since. Although expensive, I believe it could be endorsed by the heart association as a way to help prevent heart attacks!
sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:46 AM   #7
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
If I owned a rv park I would have the Dish and Direct TV pans mounted on several sites and charge a few bucks extra per site and see how many people would rent the sites because of this feature. I know I would.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
And that was with standard def. HD is trickier, at least for me, but well worth it when I'm watching Directv in the Montana.
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:49 AM   #9
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I'm curious. With the use of a compass, there shouldn't be any problem setting up the antenna. I don't worry about the azimuth or elevation. But then I have my antenna mounted on a piece of 2X6. I just set it about where I think it should be then swing it slowly from west to east (or vice-versa) until my satellite finder indicates signal. Then I raise the rear end and/or the front end and move the back part of the board ever so slowly back and forth to get the largest signal. I have DirecTV so maybe that's easier. With trial and error you should be able to set up in less than 15 minutes. A friend of mine always seemed to have trouble setting up his Dish TV until we used a satellite finder and located the satellite. Don't know if that will work for you or not.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote