Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
Retire 2022
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20065
2017 Montana 3811ms Modification

Has anyone out there modified the window couch? I'm thinking of modifying ours into two chairs and a coffee table/computer table in the middle. Maybe leave a small amount of under seat storage but turn it into a breakfast/coffee spot with a real big window. Any thoughts or suggestions? Looking forward to hearing back from any and all 3811ms owners that have attempted any mods similar to this idea.

Retire 2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:13 PM   #2
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
While still a couple of years away, the 3811 is at the top of our short list, we'd convert that space into a crafting/hobby center with a small desk with a flip over leaf (making the fully open desk at least 54" wide) on one side and a floor to ceiling narrow storage cabinet for crafting supplies will fit on the opposite wall. Though half-baked at this stage, I'm also considering the idea of building a small narrow removable platform to go between the bed and the raised area in the bench area finished to match the flooring. It would be pulled out of the way to accomodate the road side slideout for transit. Thinking here is the narrow existing walking space is a bit of hazard, the small added platform would eliminate a potential pathway issue. I like your idea of a coffee nook... just goes to show, that space is actually open to many ideas beyond a simple bench.
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:01 PM   #3
mtfawcett

M.O.C. #20534
We are looking at this floorplan and the 379x as well - I hate to give up the seating in the living room that the 379 has but the idea of utilizing this space in the 3811 is interesting. My first thought was to make it a closet but there seems to be enough closet space so thank you for the idea of a craft area! Nice window too. I recently saw this model at the Tacoma RV show... If anyone has this model and has made any mods, please post pics!
mtfawcett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
While the 3820 is built on the same platform, we enjoy our morning coffee time at the front buffet, looking out over the campgrounds or scenery. My livingroom is center and we thought about removing one couch and placing a desk work area in that slide.
Again, sitting in a position to look out that front window is the major attribute of this platform design. I've also considered removing the buffet and replacing it with a traditional RV dinette. This would add a front sleeping area instead of using the sofa beds in the center. The 3811 was out in 2016 and we might have favored that one also.
Dusters is offline   Reply With Quote