Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2013, 06:04 AM   #1
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Need to replace door.

The finish on the bi-fold to the W/D closet is damaged and we wish to replace it with a different door. The finish on our woodwork is what I would describe as "honey oak". We would like a nice looking single door that will match our present finishes. I think Montana used a nicer door in newer models. It needs to be approximately 2'x 8'. Neither Keystone or dealer was any help. Any help from the MOC will be greatly appreciated. Just need the model year and possibly vin no.

Dennis and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
If they can't help I would try home depot or lowes, they can order you an oak bi fold door and the just put a coat of zar on it. It brings out the color.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
I just replaced a door in my Montana that DW crushed when closing the bedroom slide. The door that was destroyed was made of a dense cardboard with a thin film on the exterior that simulated wood grain. Impossible to match using a real wood veneer door. I made the replacement door in my shop, but you can order, as stated previously, an oak veneer 2' X 6'8" X 1 1/4". You will have to obtain an additional piece of the oak veneer to experiment with stains to get the look you want.
Alternatively, Keystone may be able to put you in touch with their door mfg to order one that suits.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote