Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2018, 03:09 PM   #1
Wally Dad
Established Member

M.O.C. #20592
Access to inputs on iRV 32 CD player

We picked up our 2018 Montana 3590BR on 22 June. A long story I will tell somewhere else. One of the issues we discovered is that the HDMI cable input from the CD player to the TV was broken.

I would love to replace the cable (simple right?), but I can figure out how to get access to the inputs on the iRV 32!!! It looks like it has been built-in with no consideration that the owner might want to access it.

What am I missing? Is there a secret panel somewhere? Do I really have to make a warranty claim for a broken HDMI cable?

Thanks,

Wally Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:20 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We requested that the dealer do a couple of mods on ours before we would buy it. Didn't see them do it, but they said it was tough and I gathered that they had some sort of release on the side of the front of the device.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:03 PM   #3
Half Fast Rusty
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18143
Mine was broken too on the TV end. I suspect the TV hit against the wall when traveling damaging it. The other end of the cable hooks to the back of the CD player and I had to remove the unit to replace the cable properly. There are black covers on each side that snap off to reveal a couple of screws on each side. I had to modify a screwdriver to access the tab to remove the left cover. Remove the screws and the unit slides out of the hole.

Russ & Nancy Porterfield
Half Fast Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:03 AM   #4
Wally Dad
Established Member

M.O.C. #20592
Yep, that was the trick. It is very much like a car stereo. Once I pulled it out, I was able to drop a new HDMI cable in the back and hook it up. Of course, after putting it back, I realized that the default speaks that come on when powered up are in the Bedroom...aaaagh. It didn't look like it would be very easy to swap the speaker inputs on the back, so I've left it alone for now.
Wally Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:23 PM   #5
D&D Young
Established Member

M.O.C. #21360
I was behind my living room tv and found my HDMI cable tip bent on the tv end. It still works but it seems to be an issue in the Montana's.
D&D Young is offline   Reply With Quote