Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #1
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Strange sights

Two weeks ago farmers were bringing flatbeds with pool size tanks to the water sales area down the street. All the ponds were bone dry and some folks wells had gone dry also. At one point five trucks were lined up waiting.
Today I was mowing my lawn at the RV home base because the chances of rain today were the lowest for the rest of the week (only time under 50%). Several inches of water on many parts of my lawn made mowing a fun experience. Just as I was getting ready to finish the meter reader showed up, opened the meter well, dropped the hose from a portable pump in there and pumped five gallons or more of water out so he could read the meter. The reason I find all this strange is that I live at the top of the hill. Can't imagine what it's like in Texas and pray for those folks daily.

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Having the same problem mowing. Last two years was a challenge to keep the grass alive due to drought. Now some of it is dying due to standing water that can't dry due to almost daily rain. A number of area lakes that were less than half full 3 months ago are now going over their spillways, so controlled discharge is no longer an option and folks downstream are at the mercy of what ever comes at them. And we are not even in the hardest hit areas. More tornados firing off to the west of this area again tonight. Have never in all my years seen weather like we have had the last two months.

Fortunately, like you, we live on high ground so flooding is not a concern for us. Thank goodness for the small blessings.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote