Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
jdwillis

M.O.C. #11493
Tool Box Beware

Purchased a 5th wheel tool box to go in back of my F350 (tailgate)"V" type model UTA-TB203-57RD made by Unique Truck Accessories purchase made from Tolboes4less.com. Box is neat but workmanship is poor. Pinholes in welds. corners not finished (inside) door crooked and leaking. Leaked sitting in back of my truck in light rain. They would not replace it did say I could ship it back if I paid shipping. Beware if you thinking of buying one. I would not purchase unless I could inspect it first. Not real good experience for me.Send me email if would like pictures of the problems.

jdwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Isn't there a way if you purchased with a credit card you can contest the charges?? Don't know, just trying to help? Maybe someone will chip in with more experience if you elect to try this route.
Bingo

On edit: and Welcome to the MOC!!

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
I made a charge on my Visa card and wanted to cancel the purchase, but the vendor would not allow it. I contacted Visa and submitted a dispute to the charge and 6 weeks later Visa refunded the money via a credit to my Visa credit card.

If you made the purchase with your credit card I would see if you can get a refund via the credit card company. Also some credit cards have a service that states if the product get damaged within something like 90 days they will issue a refund.
Doesn't hurt to give it a try.
dpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
John,
I would like to see some of your pictures and I'll bet several others would too. Why don't you post them so we all could see them. Thanks, Dennis.
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
John,
Welcome to the forum. I hope you get satisfaction. Remember about squeeky wheels. Try to make the Mid-Atlantic Rally in Myrtle Beach in August. We'd love to meet you.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
I got a V box from camping world in Henderson, NV. After I got home, I mounted the box, hooked up the Monty and started to pull out of my yard. This requires me going 3/4s across the street behind my house and then making a hard turn to the right. When I made the turn, the extended pin box took off the right lid from the V box. Literally. The old style pin boxes that extend straight down have no problem. The extended ones do.

Carefully check your turning capability with the DW watching closely and be ready to stop quickly. I ended up having new lids fabricated that are pretty flush with the box. Now I can use it.

Normal pulling is no problem. But, when you make a sharp turn be aware of how much clearance you have with the V lids.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #7
jdwillis

M.O.C. #11493
More than one way to send it back but I did want the box so I elected not to return it. They offered take it back if I paid shipping but not replace it with one that had all problems corrected. I will see if can figure out how to post pictures. Few hours caulking and adjusting things and it seems to be OK now it is raining today see if I got all the leaks stopped.
thanks for the repilies
jdwillis is offline   Reply With Quote